What bourbon did you purchase today? (Spring 2017)

Charlutz
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

On 6/3/2017 at 3:34 PM, JCwhammie said:

I picked up these 2 barrell selects yesterday. The MM is a completely different animal than the original and the 46. 

IMG_3941.JPG

Who's store pick Russell's is that?

11 minutes ago, 0895 said:

Who's store pick Russell's is that?

Roof Brothers in Paducah, KY. 

A friend let me know that my favorite local liquor store is having a sale on 375's of Bulleit. I stopped by there yesterday to check it out. Sure enough, my buddy was right. Bulleit, and Bulleit Rye 375's on sale for $8.99.:D So I grabbed one of each. I'll try theses sometime soon, and if all is well, I might just have to go back and grab a couple more. ;) 

Cheers! Joe

bull.jpeg

2 hours ago, fishnbowljoe said:

A friend let me know that my favorite local liquor store is having a sale on 375's of Bulleit. I stopped by there yesterday to check it out. Sure enough, my buddy was right. Bulleit, and Bulleit Rye 375's on sale for $8.99.:D So I grabbed one of each. I'll try theses sometime soon, and if all is well, I might just have to go back and grab a couple more. ;) 

Cheers! Joe

bull.jpeg

Joe I think you'll like them.  I have the Bulleit 10 year old and the Rye and enjoy them both.  The only time I tried the regular Bulleit was at the rehearsal dinner before my daughter's wedding.  From what I remember it was pretty good.

b628f9223f45880cbcb5da8b63b31819.jpg
Was happy to bump into this ECNAS private selection today. Going to test it soon then go get a couple more if it makes the cut.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

3 hours ago, fishnbowljoe said:

Cheers! Joe

bull.jpeg

what restraint!

I think I'd have bought cases, especially the rye. Haven't had the bourbon in a few years, but a recent trainee did thank me with a bottle of it last week. Have to get into that soon.

Joe, if you like the 95% rye from IN; that's a good deal there.

The bourbon's origins are more mysterious.  It used to be sourced from 4R.  Maybe it has Beam in it now.  Who knows?  You can tell us what you think.

Went from no single barrel selects to four different ones in the past four days.

Was able to pick up these 10yr EC barrel selects thanks to tips from a fellow SBer, much appreciated.

First one is from Poison Girl bar here in Houston owned by SBer Scottbutt. Second is from high end new steak house One Fifth down the street from Poison Girl. I posted there whiskey line a couple months back, awesome selection a bit pricey though. Head chef part owner Chris Shepherd is a James Beard winner and bourbon lover, hopefully he has a good palate.

This is the first EC barrel selects I've seen with the stickers on the side with age and barrel proof + location, very excited to try them. One even lists the mashbill which seems odd as I didn't think HH had more than one? Will do SBS with big HMcK 10yr and EWSB and EC12yr.

062ae2ed1f7366133f80ca43dc3278e8.jpg

61e5a426c88fbce7254689edb389f2d3.jpg

2 hours ago, PaulO said:

The bourbon's origins are more mysterious.  It used to be sourced from 4R.  Maybe it has Beam in it now.  Who knows?  You can tell us what you think.

Not very mysterious. It has 4R, Beam, and B-F in it these days.

8 hours ago, PaulO said:

5 hours ago, flahute said:

Not very mysterious. It has 4R, Beam, and B-F in it these days.

But isn't the stuff on the shelf still FR, while the stuff that's aging is the mutt stuff?  Or are they already commingling to make the FR stock last longer?

Got a call from my favorite (only) retailer about a few things of interest, so went down and lookt over the new arrivals.

I left all the (6?) bottles of ETL, since I have several, and many have been seeking it for a good long time in my area.

Also left all the (4?) bottles of ECBP, for the same reasons.    I figured it's good Karma to let others grab these two, so I left 'em there.

I did drag home these bottles however:

Col. EH Taylor 4-Grain

Col. EH Tayloe BP

Eagle Rare (store pick) X 2

Weller 12-Year

Elijah Craig single barrel (store pick).

A dent was felt in my wallet area :o; but, I was happy to get all the ones I did :D, and will (I assume) share and enjoy one and all at some point. :wub:

Guess I'm going to have to make a road trip to Detroit to pick up a bottle of ETL.  Elvis has been seen around here more than ETL.:D

19 hours ago, Seths said:

Decent little pick up. 

IMG_7792.JPG

Very Nice!

I picked up the CEHT Four Grain today that I won in the Va ABC lottery.  $69.99  Down to the bunker.

IMG_0010.JPG

Edited by DCFan

56 minutes ago, DCFan said:

I picked up the CEHT Four Grain today that I won in the Va ABC lottery.  $69.99  Down to the bunker.

IMG_0010.JPG

Your little buddy looks happy about it too!

Hide that bottle well, all he needs is opposable thumbs and he'll be into it :P 

OMG!!!     That's all we need.... Opposable pooch-thumbs!  

The surest sign that we are indeed in the end of days.  

The A-Pock-A-Lips is upon us if the puppies are into the Bunker when the cat's away..... (as they say).

6 hours ago, El Vino said:

Stagg Jr.  129.5 - Is this batch 8?

Must be, because none of the first 7 batches were bottled at the proof.

4 hours ago, RWBadley said:

Your little buddy looks happy about it too!

Hide that bottle well, all he needs is opposable thumbs and he'll be into it :P 

She was just happy to get out of the groomers and back home. :D

56 minutes ago, NDN98 said:

Must be, because none of the first 7 batches were bottled at the proof.

Here it is:

IMG_1687.JPG

58 minutes ago, JTaylor said:

An OWA, an EC Store selection, and an MGP SB Rye.

Let us know what you think of the Bone Snapper rye. 

I've yet to see that one, and it's one that I wanted to try.    Did you get it in 'The Mitten State'?

8 hours ago, El Vino said:

Stagg Jr.  129.5 - Is this batch 8?

Batch 1 134.4
Batch 2 128.7
Batch 3 132.1
Batch 4 132.2
Batch 5 129.7
Batch 6 132.5
Batch 7 130.0

I'm pretty sure you must have Batch 8 there.

6 hours ago, DCFan said:

Congrats.  I missed out on that one.

Just getting around to posting a photo of some things I snagged while on a trip to Kentucky over Memorial Day weekend.  Focused on stuff I can’t get back in Texas. 

Highlights:
- HH6BiB
- Handle of Old Fitz BiB
- Little 375ml of Blanton’s (I only see the 750’s at home)
- Found a fantastic WTKS store pick, I sampled it in the store and also later in the hotel; loved it so much I went back and picked up a case.   Best non-dusty Ky Spirit I've ever had by far, and demonstrates that Wild Turkey hasn't forgotten how to produce great stuff.
- Picked up a case of OESK store pick from Liquor Barn
- Misc 4RSiB store picks, various recipes
- And grabbed an EC "grenade" from the HH gift shop

IMG_1487.JPG

Edited by Kepler

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.