What bourbon did you PASS up today-Spring 2017?

FacePlant
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I support your decision to pass on the EC18. Recent releases haven't been very good IMHO and I'd much prefer 2 1/2 ECBP's for the same money.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Been passing on a lot of ECBP at $100. If I wasn't well stocked I'd be buying it though. Does anyone know what the MSRP on ECBP is now?

1 minute ago, Louisiana said:

Been passing on a lot of ECBP at $100. If I wasn't well stocked I'd be buying it though. Does anyone know what the MSRP on ECBP is now?

It's $54.99 in NC so $100 is high - last I saw at the HH Gift Shop was $75 and that was high as well based on what I see but others may think differently

1 minute ago, Louisiana said:

Um, not $100.  I don't think they raised MSRP with the new bottle style.  Even on secondary, they don't go for $100.

I have yet to see the last batch in NJ but the last few have been $49.99 in NJ.

10 minutes ago, Hop said:

It's $54.99 in NC so $100 is high - last I saw at the HH Gift Shop was $75 and that was high as well based on what I see but others may think differently

9 minutes ago, dcbt said:

Um, not $100.  I don't think they raised MSRP with the new bottle style.  Even on secondary, they don't go for $100.

Thanks guys. That's what I was thinking too.

2 minutes ago, kevinbrink said:

I have yet to see the last batch in NJ but the last few have been $49.99 in NJ.

That's what I was used to seeing. That's a very good price for that those bottles.

When I can find it around here it's $100 - $110 in the stores. Price gouging at it's finest.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G750A using Tapatalk

52 minutes ago, Louisiana said:

Still $49.99 at VA ABC, although the newest batch was lottery only. 

Passed on Boss Hog at $325 and the 12yr Pig at $125. If I'm doing Rye it's probably going to be Pikesville or maybe a Handy w/friends.

19 minutes ago, FacePlant said:

Passed on Boss Hog at $325 and the 12yr Pig at $125. If I'm doing Rye it's probably going to be Pikesville or maybe a Handy w/friends.

Those two (Pikesville and THH) are hard to beat in my book... 

3 hours ago, Louisiana said:

$59.99 is Michigan State Minimum shelf price... You guys seeing it at $49.99 are some lucky dogs! 

Passed on these two, surprised to still see the FRSmBLE on the shelves, even more - 2 of them!
ce4a8a4cd8dcb9f2a236a1f769b2de3d.jpg
I'm already stocked on the ETL

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Passed on these two, surprised to still see the FRSmBLE on the shelves, even more - 2 of them!

I'd be super excited to see this until I saw the price tag. I really like ETL but not sure I'd even buy it at $50 considering it's supposed to retail around $30.

10 hours ago, gusto16 said:

So that's what a bottle of ETL looks like.  The one (and only)  bottle of ETL I've seen in KY was $99.99.  Seeing it at $56.99 is almost like having a wet dream. :)

6 minutes ago, CardsandBourbon said:

So that's what a bottle of ETL looks like.  The one (and only)  bottle of ETL I've seen in KY was $99.99.  Seeing it at $56.99 is almost like having a wet dream. :)

If you can get Blantons/RHF/Hancocks at retail your not missing anything in my book, the value of ETL was it's price point, at $50 there are a lot of options I would take over ETL.

8 minutes ago, CardsandBourbon said:

What is remarkable to me is when I was in KY in November I went to Liquor Barn in Louisville, one of the ones off of 65 and they had a mountain of ETL at $35 I passed on it even then because I have been burned by the last two bottles I bought.

2 minutes ago, kevinbrink said:

If you can get Blantons/RHF/Hancocks at retail your not missing anything in my book, the value of ETL was it's price point, at $50 there are a lot of options I would take over ETL.

I've got a bottle of Blanton's, bought at retail and I really like it.  I'm a fan of BT products and have been wanting to try the ETL, but just not at the prices I've seen.

1 minute ago, kevinbrink said:

What is remarkable to me is when I was in KY in November I went to Liquor Barn in Louisville, one of the ones off of 65 and they had a mountain of ETL at $35 I passed on it even then because I have been burned by the last two bottles I bought.

That would be the Fern Valley location.  Last time I was in there, about a month ago there was no ETL, WSR, OWA, GTS, W12, ECBP, . . . well there wasn't much of anything that I didn't already have or wasn't interested in.

I also passed on a Baby Saz for $34.99

On the fairly rare occasions that I see ETL in my area, it runs $40 - $60 or more. I just like having it available, so I'm good for now.

4 minutes ago, CardsandBourbon said:

That would be the Fern Valley location.  Last time I was in there, about a month ago there was no ETL, WSR, OWA, GTS, W12, ECBP, . . . well there wasn't much of anything that I didn't already have or wasn't interested in.

It's weird how things go, I have literally never seen a bottle of W12, but especially lately we have gotten a good trickle of OWA and regularly get ECBP, ETL drops once a year and disappears quickly. I've never seen GTS in a store other than at remarkable inflated prices.

Passed on Basil Hayden Rye. Anyone tried it yet? I did a quick search in here and didn't come up with anything.

3 hours ago, kevinbrink said:

Totally agree with this. I buy it to have on hand to pour for others, but I almost never pour it for myself. $40 is the highest I've ever paid and I don't see that changing. If ever a product benefitted from someone dying this is the prime example. The stupid thing is Elmer's death theoretically would be bad for the product since part of the value of the brands was that he was picking the barrels....  But hype is rarely rational

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.