What bourbon did you PASS up today-Spring 2017?

FacePlant
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

On the way back home after the game I stopped by some other places.  Only thing that I almost pulled the trigger on was a 1792 Barrel Proof SiB for $70.  If I had not just picked up the ECBP I may have done it.

I found the Elmer. Unfortunately the new pricing reality made it a pass. 49.99 before the infamous Washington State tax. 

IMG_7470.JPG

Edited by flahute
Added price which got cropped out of pic. Duh.

2 minutes ago, flahute said:

I found the Elmer. Unfortunately the new pricing reality made it a pass

IMG_7470.JPG

Pricing got cropped from pic - did it include the WA "Luxury" tax????   :(

18 minutes ago, GeeTen said:

Pricing got cropped from pic - did it include the WA "Luxury" tax????   :(

Just edited to add the price. 49.99 before the "luxury" tax. 

Passed on these today. Didn't have the inclination to take one home :lol:

They also had Birthday Bourbon for 299.99  :lol::lol::lol:

unnamed.thumb.jpg.1f85bb2fb814fa837add02d241809aa9.jpg

Edited by Government Beard

15 minutes ago, Government Beard said:

The typos on the prices tags great!  Charging more than 10x retail for Pappy and can't spell a few words correctly. :blink:

1 minute ago, Nm0369 said:

The typos on the prices tags great!  Charging more than 10x retail for Pappy and can't spell a few words correctly. :blink:

:lol: I didn't even notice that. "Pappa" Van Winkles. Sounds Ukrainian. 

10 hours ago, Government Beard said:

Nah, the "Pappa"s come with misspelled bags, whereas the "Pappy" doesn't have a bag.   :wacko:

12 hours ago, Government Beard said:

Tastes like brown vodka, comrade.

15 hours ago, Government Beard said:

Looks like a purchase after I win the powerball. :P

On 4/8/2017 at 9:59 AM, Hop said:

Passed on ECBP in a couple of places this week - all the old style bottles and I didn't even look at the proof to determine the batch #s - the price???  $100

Same is happening here. What's funny is I'm seeing bottles that I know were $70-$75 a few months ago with a new $100 sticker slapped on top it. These are from stores that I don't often visit though. Fortunately their are still plenty of good stores out there that take care of us!

Passed on a bottle of the new Spring release of Rebel Yell 10 YR Single Barrel. The price increased more than 50% from the Fall price that I paid of $49 to $78. I decided to pass at that price even though the store got the bottle just for me. The owner said he had no problem returning it to the distributor, and understood my distaste for the jacked up price.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9 hours ago, lcpfratn said:

Passed on a bottle of the new Spring release of Rebel Yell 10 YR Single Barrel. The price increased more than 50% from the Fall price that I paid of $49 to $78. I decided to pass at that price even though the store got the bottle just for me. The owner said he had no problem returning it to the distributor, and understood my distaste for the jacked up price.

Sad...I just got back from a trip where I was surprised to find a shelf full of the original release RY10SB for $47. I heard the second release was double the amount of bottles. To be honest I would pay more then $50, as the bottle I got was VERY good.

Edited by Bbstout
Bad grammar

Passed on a 14yr KCSiB store pick at $45. I just think there is too much Beam Funk in that stuff.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

On 4/10/2017 at 3:21 PM, lcpfratn said:

So if the distributor is charging a 50% markup over last year does that mean it has risen in price everywhere? I may have to do more searching for last year's release as I really enjoyed the bottle I opened. 

So if the distributor is charging a 50% markup over last year does that mean it has risen in price everywhere? I may have to do more searching for last year's release as I really enjoyed the bottle I opened. 

I don't know. This store only received one bottle at my request, so the distributor may have charged the store an up-charge since it was less than a case even though they probably wouldn't have sold them a case if they wanted it. I'll have to see if any other stores in the area get any and what the price is but I suspect it's a combination of distiller price increases and the distributor. All I can say is I'd rather have Weller 12 for less money when I can get it and possibly even Antique 107.

3 hours ago, Bbstout said:

There's no rhym or reason to the three tier system.  What happens in one state, locality or market may not equate on a national scale.  You'd have to check your local situation for pricing in your area

18 hours ago, Golferpimp1 said:

Passed on a 14yr KCSiB store pick at $45. I just think there is too much Beam Funk in that stuff.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Run back to the store and pick me up a couple of those. :)  I got a KC SiB Store Select that was 12 yr. 9 mo. and it is one of my favorite pours.

On 4/8/2017 at 8:56 PM, flahute said:

Just edited to add the price. 49.99 before the "luxury" tax. 

Found an online calculator for WA tax.  WOW!

Washington State
Liquor Tax Calculator

Cost Breakdown:
List Price $49.99
20.5% Tax $10.25
$3.7708/Liter Tax $2.83
Total Cost At Checkout $63.07
Edited by Clueby

16 minutes ago, Clueby said:

Found an online calculator for WA tax.  WOW!

Washington State
Liquor Tax Calculator

Cost Breakdown:
List Price $49.99
20.5% Tax $10.25
$3.7708/Liter Tax $2.83
Total Cost At Checkout $63.07

:blink::blink::blink:

Guess I need to stop complaining about our 6% sales tax and 3% local liquor tax.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.