What Bourbon Are You Enjoying (Summer 2017)

CardsandBourbon
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Littlesmokinjoe texts me pic of her view from first row behind Braves dugout at game tonight...

Here's my view of Braves on radio in garage...:unsure:

Yeah, but I gots SB Blend 60:40 OWA/W12 in the glass to make the even things out.  :lol:

IMG_3810.JPG

Sipping some Blantons on the patio now while listening to the Katie Didds and puffing on a Upman Banker.  Not too shabby.

Two short pours before I hit the rack tonight - WT Forgiven followed by WT101. Which reminds me I was going to grab a 750 of WT Rye to vat up a home brew of Forgiven. Maybe 60:40 (WT101\WT Rye).

3 hours ago, smokinjoe said:

Littlesmokinjoe texts me pic of her view from first row behind Braves dugout at game tonight...

Here's my view of Braves on radio in garage...:unsure:

Yeah, but I gots SB Blend 60:40 OWA/W12 in the glass to make the even things out.  :lol:

IMG_3810.JPG

I had no idea what an audiophile you are, Joe

Edited by Vosgar

I just tried the 1792 Full Barrel I picked up the other day. A little bit of Bob Seeger going on. The 1792 is very nice, a lot of hazelnuts under some cherry fruit.

Bob Seeger is his own flavor.

Gordon's store pick ER10 last night after a very LOOONNNGGG day officiating at a swim meet in Richmond.  Might have another tonite!   :D

Had a couple pours of Baker's last night. I'm glad posters on here have been mentioning Baker's.  I am truly enjoying this bottle of Baker's. Bottle may not last long...

I had no idea what an audiophile you are, Joe

You have no idea. He actually turns off the HD flat screen when the Braves come on and makes us listen to that radio that he got from CNS Bank in 1982 for opening a passbook savings account. The bourbon in Joe's bunker barely makes it tolerable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

15 minutes ago, BigRich said:

You have no idea. He actually turns off the HD flat screen when the Braves come on and makes us listen to that radio that he got from CNS Bank in 1982 for opening a passbook savings account. The bourbon in Joe's bunker barely makes it tolerable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ha!  The sizzle, static, crackle, and pop from it really helps deaden the reality of the Braves dropping 6 straight to the lowly Phils...But, also adds a bit of old time excitement to the fact the Braves are responsible for the only 3 defeats suffered by the Dodgers in the last 2 months...

Unfortunately, my Grand Prize winning toaster from the 1980 Bell South Christmas Party raffle just kicked the bucket...

As we enter the final days and to keep it on topic with this thread what is your final days/Book of Revelations bourbon to enjoy this summer? Thanks to Kim Jong I got stuff in the bunker I won't even get to enjoy. :o

Last night: a 4R Single Barrel and a Pikesville with dinner before the Metallica concert. Upon returning home at 12:30 or so, a RR Single Barrel nightcap.

One hell of a night.

1 hour ago, flahute said:

Last night: a 4R Single Barrel and a Pikesville with dinner before the Metallica concert. Upon returning home at 12:30 or so, a RR Single Barrel nightcap.

One hell of a night.

Good whiskey AND Metallica?? Definitely jealous. :)

Had a generous pour of a vatting I've done several times (& always enjoy very much): 55% OGD 114 & EWSB 45%.  

The sweeter, woodier EWSB balances out very nicely with the mellow-rich-rye, and the higher proof of the OGD114.

A very nearly perfect mingle of two Bourbons I favor directly from their individual bottles; but, like even better sometimes this way.

After mowing the lawn last night, and spending 30 minutes getting the nylon strap that was wrapped around one of the mower blades loose, I decided I deserved a pour.  Wasn't feeling anything too strong so I grabbed the Larceny and poured myself a hefty glass.  I'm glad I rewarded myself.

Mixed my first batch of SB blend (60/40) 10 days ago and giving it a try now.  I can safely say this is better than either Weller product by itself.  

45 minutes ago, Nm0369 said:

Mixed my first batch of SB blend (60/40) 10 days ago and giving it a try now.  I can safely say this is better than either Weller product by itself.  

I'm right there with you.  

IMG_3962.thumb.JPG.34b2c68e31f485fc53ff9f4454fcf2d0.JPG

Been a great day. The OF1920 was an excellent start, but that KC120 is something else. Was part of the selection process & we all unanimously selected this barrel.

Cheers,

Jeff

2 hours ago, Nm0369 said:

1 hour ago, smokinjoe said:

I'm right there with you.  

I'm the opposite.  To me, SB Blend is the biggest waste of W12.  To each his own.

I had some good rum, ETL, RHF and finally an ER store pick. All are among my favorites but the ER is KILLING IT. Wow. 

just had my first taste of Buffalo Trace...i like it alot.   but of course I am a newbie...feel free to message me some other suggestions for a rookie.   thanks

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.