What Bourbon Are You Enjoying (Summer 2017)

CardsandBourbon
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

1 hour ago, DeepCover said:

Enjoying a new bottle of CEHT BP.

image.jpeg

Nice humble brag in the background there. Hahaha

Edited by JSpartan

I haven't had much opportunity to spend time with my younger brother lately so we decided to go big

IMG_20170831_233530574.jpg

6 hours ago, jbutler said:

This was it for me tonight. A truly superb bottling.

hhss.jpg

Oooooooh!    That is/was a truly exceptional bottling. 

My last bottle is still available, and still has about 7 or 8-ounces in it.       I really didn't need to find a reason to pour some out soon; but thanx for the reminder anyway, Jim..

12 hours ago, 0895 said:

That looks like a fun comparison.  I probably would have put SFTB last though.  I keep trying it (different barrels) and its just not my thing.

12 hours ago, Clueby said:

I don't have any SFTB but I have tried SJR and ECBP sbs. ECBP usually comes out on top for me...especially the 136 proof batch 12 you have pictured. I think that one is the best of all the ECBPs I've tried. The SJR is no slouch though and a close second.

It was fun to pick these apart. I'll do another blind SbSbS in a month or so to see if there are perceived differences after the bottles have been opened for a bit. I enjoyed all three, but admittedly I was disappointed to know the ECBP came in last knowing how much others love it (plus I overpaid for it). I do like the EC NAS and TWCP EC more than EC12, though. 

Edited by JCwhammie

9 hours ago, JSpartan said:

Nice humble brag in the background there. Hahaha

Haha! Yeah I know. It wasn't by design, as odd as it may appear. I had to move those out of the way to grab one of my CEHTBP bottles and hadn't put them back up.

3 hours ago, JCwhammie said:

It was fun to pick these apart. I'll do another blind SbSbS in a month or so to see if there are perceived differences after the bottles have been opened for a bit. I enjoyed all three, but admittedly I was disappointed to know the ECBP came in last knowing how much others love it (plus I overpaid for it). I do like the EC NAS and TWCP EC more than EC12, though. 

Always fun to revisit and compare prior notes.

Interesting.  I didn't care for the TWCP EC pick at all.  Could've been all the other stuff I had before it though.

ECBP remains as one of my favorite Heaven Hill products, and the closest thing I've found to even compare to George T Stagg (probably my absolute fav.).

15 hours ago, Charlutz said:

I couldn't think of a special reason, but I said F it and went back to see this very special representation of the cult. It had been way too long since we spent meaningful time together. FRLESmB 2015. I love it. 

IMG_3164.JPG

Great stuff there, it's a really special one. Enjoy!

Cheers! 

Will

Had a couple pours of 1792FP SP last night. I go from liking it one night to not liking it the next night. I think I should bunker a few. 

8dc3da28c247afc2a7c0de05ce343a08.jpg

82f7642554cdfb6d1fd8e7dce5dff35e.jpg

In Owensboro earlier at J's Liquors where they have a great tasting area. Tried their 4R OESK pick and was impressed, tried the 1920 after and again wasn't impressed then tried the 4R Elliott's Select. The OESK store pick was the hands down winner so I picked up a few bottles.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

All things considered, I ended my work week with a pretty decent day. I got home and decided to do some spermentin'.  :P I did a non scientific blend of new label/bottle Weller SR, OWA and Weller 12. A splash of each provided a very fitting start to a three day weekend. :D

Cheers! Joe

2 hours ago, Hop said:

8dc3da28c247afc2a7c0de05ce343a08.jpg

82f7642554cdfb6d1fd8e7dce5dff35e.jpg

In Owensboro earlier at J's Liquors where they have a great tasting area. Tried their 4R OESK pick and was impressed, tried the 1920 after and again wasn't impressed then tried the 4R Elliott's Select. The OESK store pick was the hands down winner so I picked up a few bottles.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I LOVE that the shelves are pretty closely organized by distillery and mashbill. Very much caters to my OCD. 

19 hours ago, kevinbrink said:

I haven't had much opportunity to spend time with my younger brother lately so we decided to go big

IMG_20170831_233530574.jpg

Nice selection...on a PL-12D?  How is the Amrut?

For me, part of enjoying quality whiskey,  is drinking it in vintage barware. Tonight, I'm treating myself to some SB HHSS #2. One of my iridescent brandy snifters is the vessel of choice. Cheers!

20170901_193202.jpg

11 minutes ago, raymoall said:

Nice selection...on a PL-12D?  How is the Amrut?

Yup true, the Amrut is great I like the Spectrum more than the regular or CS Peated despite the fact that I love peat bombs.

I couldn't make up my mind.. started with W12 and will end with M10.   got a 6mo and going Mellow Corn Blend in the barrel. cheers to the long weekend! 

IMG_9886.JPG

Worked outside until it started raining.  So, I had to find something to do inside.

I finally finished off the Old Crow 750 I bought for the VBT then rinsed my mouth out with the last ounce or so of a store pick KC then had a series of small pours from a 4R Single Barrel Va. ABC Pvt. Selection (@ $45 and 100 proof) all spread over seven hours (including Nats @ Brewers right now so I'm not done).  This SiB PS is really floral and sweet (but not Canadian sweet) compared to regular 4R SiBs.  The regulars are sold by the Va ABC for $42.  I do believe the SP is worth the extra $3.

3 hours ago, Phil T said:

For me, part of enjoying quality whiskey,  is drinking it in vintage barware. Tonight, I'm treating myself to some SB HHSS #2. One of my iridescent brandy snifters is the vessel of choice. Cheers!

20170901_193202.jpg

Love this.

Now I need some vintage barware. 

It hit 99 degrees here in SF today and I was looking forward to some bourbon over ice all day. WT products always seem to do well with some ice and this store selection of RR is no exception. I hope the cult doesn't shun me...
9277a9ca0e0ff284cf8b70797c1decb7.jpg

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.