What Bourbon Are You Enjoying (Summer 2017)

CardsandBourbon
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Having a glass of ER10. Have always enjoyed this one. Been catching up on my Scotch news and bottlings. As bad as we think we have it in the Bourbon world, Scotch/World Whisky is a whole nother thing when it comes to hard to find and expensive bottlings. Kinda put things in perspective for me. Lord help us if things ever get that crazy in Bourbon. Cheers

On ‎8‎/‎27‎/‎2017 at 4:03 PM, Mako254 said:

A shade under 8 years but still delicious. 

IMG_2925.JPG

Eight?!?!!? What happened to 10?  HH just gets younger and younger.

22 hours ago, MOwhisky4me said:

While I agree that the 1897 BiB would have made it a fairer fight, the reason I included the 1920 in the SxSxS was because it struck me immediately on tasting the new label OF100 that it reminded me of the flavors I get with the OF1920. I also consider the 1920 one of my top 5 bourbons and so I was personally interested to see how the OF100 @ $25 a fifth held up head to head against the $60 1920 offering.

I agree with you to try different things together.  I enjoy throwing disparate drinks into the taste mix.  Sometimes one finds out why they think the $25 bottle really is great.

9 hours ago, kcgumbohead said:

You say that as if it would be unusual to travel 100mi for a prized 4Rprivate selection B)

I've never done it, but I'll never say never.

Tonight it was
Old Fitz Prime from a couple different bottles to compare
ETL
HMK10BIB

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Still have a bit of this bottle left. To me, it's one of the best Rye's out there, definitely for the price, but I wish it was cheaper.

Colonel E.H. Taylor Jr. Straight Rye BIB (2015) (100 Proof) 

kvwggBp.jpg

I like this one, definitely will buy other's. Nice sweetness, vanilla, at this proof.

Elijah Craig (NAS) Barrel Proof 1789 (New Bottle/Label) (Batch 13) (127 Proof)

zhodXtI.jpg

CxPqHPD.jpg

Edited by MTNBourbon

31 minutes ago, hn4bourbon said:

Having a sizeable pour but last pour out of a bottle of staff jr. 

Quite a sizable pour, I'm guessing.  :lol:

Some eagle rare while roasting a chicken for dinner and some rock hill farms after the baby and girlfriend went off to bed.

8 hours ago, MTNBourbon said:

I like this one, definitely will buy other's. Nice sweetness, vanilla, at this proof.

Elijah Craig (NAS) Barrel Proof 1789 (New Bottle/Label) (Batch 13) (127 Proof)

zhodXtI.jpg

CxPqHPD.jpg

Don't short sell this one!!!!  It's still 12 yr age stated!!!   :)  

1 hour ago, smokinjoe said:

Yeah, just noticed the statement on the side.

1 hour ago, smokinjoe said:

Just in time! I nearly spazzed out!!!

A little 4R OBSO this afternoon and praying we don't get to much more rain. Hope you Texas boys come out of this storm ok. 

IMG_2083.thumb.JPG.8f2c3b79cae8b54cd1e8c54b42f63653.JPG

I am about to do a fantasy football draft. My team name is Heaven Hill's Demon Hunters. I am gonna have a taste of each of these Heaven Hill Bourbons during the draft.

a491b3dfd21e783d55a0314a91c9b3ea.jpg

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

I am about to do a fantasy football draft. My team name is Heaven Hill's Demon Hunters. I am gonna have a taste of each of these Heaven Hill Bourbons during the draft.

a491b3dfd21e783d55a0314a91c9b3ea.jpg

I had a pour of Larceny too, but it tasted a little off tonight. Here is the team that I drafted.
5a146104192c3412853de49d5d59d766.jpg

6 hours ago, LCWoody said:

A little 4R OBSO this afternoon and praying we don't get to much more rain. Hope you Texas boys come out of this storm ok. 

IMG_2083.thumb.JPG.8f2c3b79cae8b54cd1e8c54b42f63653.JPG

That was a good series from Spec's!

3 hours ago, OldFitzWithTheGoldLabel said:

I had a pour of Larceny too, but it tasted a little off tonight. Here is the team that I drafted.
5a146104192c3412853de49d5d59d766.jpg

I was going to warn you about drafting while drinking but that's a pretty good team.

Enjoying some post-Harvey HMK 10 BIB tonight. It's hitting all the right notes while the water recedes.

Finished doing the PA for our local girls soccer team and had a pour of MM 46 PS.  At 110 proof it has just enough heat with some huge flavor as a result of the 5 french mocha staves.

Some Stagg Jr. for the wife and some 1792FP-PS for me. I tried them sbs and she made the better choice. The 125 proof FP drinks waaay hotter than the 130 proof SJR. The SJR has that toasted brown sugar sweetness, too.

20170830_212235-1008x756.jpg

Edited by Clueby

Night cap. Been a little while since I've had some of this. Most likely won't find a bottle around.

Cheers!
9QbkVZ7.jpg

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.