What Bourbon Did You Pass Up Today (Summer 2017)

CardsandBourbon
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

First time seeing etl and had to pass...99.99 was just too much for me.  Asked the Ls worker if he would take any less for it, but no deals to be made.

Passed on a sample of Pappy 25 today at $200. Really not interested in that release.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

18 hours ago, HoustonNit said:

Passed on these at the Dublin airport today.

cb2fe2be7e1bf8469374391b1aac0123.jpg

Also passed on more at €100 at the Celtic whiskey shop.

Yeah 35 euros is pretty steep - and 50ml less, too!

I was flying to France so would've had to pay the €50 price.

Still never seen so many EC12.

Just now, HoustonNit said:

I was flying to France so would've had to pay the €50 price.

Still never seen so many EC12.

Looks like they'll be there a long while to look at :)

Passed up everything today. They've had BOP3 for over a month now. Was tempted to pick up another CEHT but I've got a couple bunkered.
20170831_181942-756x1008.thumb.jpg.bccc0d2ce7f2ee1f1f9dfe94ad641e2a.jpg

Wow, so Bourbon Cream and Clyde May are on the allocated lists now?

On 8/31/2017 at 7:25 PM, Clueby said:

Passed up everything today. They've had BOP3 for over a month now. Was tempted to pick up another CEHT but I've got a couple bunkered.

20170831_181942-756x1008.jpg

That's very kind of them to have a roll of toilet paper right there so when you lay eyes on this stuff and poop yourself the TP is conveniently there for you.  :D

5 hours ago, The Black Tot said:

Is it that much of a premium (~$42) for something that's no longer available?

3 hours ago, BigRich said:

3 hours ago, DCFan said:

That's very kind of them to have a roll of toilet paper right there so when you lay eyes on this stuff and poop yourself the TP is conveniently there for you.  :D

Bourbon Cream has been allocated like that for a couple years around here. Try to find it during the holidays when you really want it and it's  non-existent.

Lol..i think that is a roll of paper towels. The wine chiller is right behind there.

29 minutes ago, Clueby said:

Bourbon Cream has been allocated like that for a couple years around here. Try to find it during the holidays when you really want it and it's  non-existent.

The Va ABC website has set up a placeholder for Ezra Brooks Bourbon Cream with the designation of "coming soon".  Might have to see if I can snag a bottle especially since it'll only be $13.99. It might be one of those one time shipments and you'd better be at the store when they open if you want to get a bottle.

3 hours ago, DCFan said:

Well done sir.

4 hours ago, DCFan said:

I wouldn't pay it. Particularly having the added hassle of carrying 'em through duty free.

They have no idea that the age stated stuff should have a premium. That's just the normal price for bourbon. I don't think the BT was priced much less.

6 hours ago, DCFan said:

7 hours ago, BigRich said:

LOL!

I think several of the items they put on that shelf are turds that they are trying to trick unsuspecting people into buying.

It is total whine, so I wouldn't put anything past them.

"Honey, look.  I got you some rare allocated whiskey!  Clyde Mayes septic strength, WP troughstock, and JD red rocket"

Interestingly, I noticed that the I.W. Harper 15yr. is all gone (replaced by Jack).  Cheapest I've ever seen it anywhere @ $68.

Sadly, Clueby is right.  Bourbon cream can be hard to find around here if its between shipments (which seem to be quarterly).

Edited by 0895

While out and about this morning, I stopped at a couple of places. I was mainly looking for the new ET BIB, and/or new Old Forester BIB. At one place, I happened to spot a bottle of RHF. I haven't seen it around here in a while. I almost pulled the trigger, but the $59.99 price tag was just too much. I remember a few years ago when I could get ps RHF for $39.99. :mellow:

Cheers! Joe

Oh, I almost forgot. The first place I stopped at had a shelf full of KC 25th Anniversary for $114.99. When I say shelf full, I mean a whole s**t ton. Passed on that too.

3 hours ago, DCFan said:

The Va ABC website has set up a placeholder for Ezra Brooks Bourbon Cream with the designation of "coming soon".  Might have to see if I can snag a bottle especially since it'll only be $13.99. It might be one of those one time shipments and you'd better be at the store when they open if you want to get a bottle.

Well I think it's $19.99, but VA ABC usually has the Mary Hite Bowman Caramel Cream (from Fredericksburg's A Smith Bowman distillery). It's very good. 

WSR 750ml for $29.99

ER10 for $39.99

BT for $29.99

Blanton's for $64.99

(all price marked)

1792 Sweet Wheat for $59.99 (no price tag, had to scan it at the register to find out).

It took awhile, but the 1792 variations are now getting jacked up like the rest of the sazerac/BT products.

I bought a bottle of water instead. :)

21 hours ago, fishnbowljoe said:

While out and about this morning, I stopped at a couple of places. I was mainly looking for the new ET BIB, and/or new Old Forester BIB. At one place, I happened to spot a bottle of RHF. I haven't seen it around here in a while. I almost pulled the trigger, but the $59.99 price tag was just too much. I remember a few years ago when I could get ps RHF for $39.99. :mellow:

Cheers! Joe

Oh, I almost forgot. The first place I stopped at had a shelf full of KC 25th Anniversary for $114.99. When I say shelf full, I mean a whole s**t ton. Passed on that too.

I can't even find it for $59.99 when I cross the river into Kentucky anymore. It's always over $60 when I see it there and over $70 in my part of Illinois. I would have to jump on it at that price. 

1 minute ago, Limegoldconvertible68 said:

I can't even find it for $59.99 when I cross the river into Kentucky anymore. It's always over $60 when I see it there and over $70 in my part of Illinois. I would have to jump on it at that price. 

I opted for something much more reasonable. ;)

Cheers! Joe

Saw a few I've never seen in person at a LS (Friar Tuck's in Springfield IL) this weekend.  ETL ($80), CEHT BP ($130), ORVW10 ($300), PVWFR12 ($600) were in the glass case.  Too rich for my blood...  Did get a Old Fitz BiB @ $20 though.

EDIT:  Oh, and how could I forget the Thomas Handy Rye ($600)

Edited by gurgalunas

Passed on a lot of things but most notable was JJBowman at $89.99 and $69.99 in two stores in SC.  Not sure what's happening with that but glad it's still $49.99 in NC

Passed on EHTSmB at $37.99. I'm moving at the end of next month and already have too many bottles to move as it is. Putting myself on a buying freeze unless something I absolutely can't pass pops up.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.