What Bourbon Did You Pass Up Today (Summer 2017)

CardsandBourbon
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Went to check out a new place near work. They had Stagg Jr for $120 sitting next to OWA for $28. I think they were a bit confused. Didn't make a purchase.

I was messing around in KC last weekend and looking for some 4R Private Select.  No stores had that, but there was plenty of Stagg Jr. to be found @ $49 per bottle.  Good Price, but I didn't buy any as ECBP is my choice instead. 

1 hour ago, kemosabe said:

I was messing around in KC last weekend and looking for some 4R Private Select.  No stores had that, but there was plenty of Stagg Jr. to be found @ $49 per bottle.  Good Price, but I didn't buy any as ECBP is my choice instead. 

Ahh, heck.  Give me a heads up if in KC and I'll point you to what I know.  The Gomer's up north has 4R OBSV on the shelf, was there today for a visit.  There are 6 or so Gomer's in town, but several different owners, so not sure if they all share PS buys.

Passed on Blanton's today for 74.99. Getting pretty short on supply here, but low to mid 60's is as high as I'll go there. Now, I'd go mid 70's for some SFTB.

22 hours ago, LongGone said:

Passed on Blanton's today for 74.99. Getting pretty short on supply here, but low to mid 60's is as high as I'll go there. Now, I'd go mid 70's for some SFTB.

Just as an fyi,

SFTB is about $90-$100 US per bottle from Europe before shipping.

Passed on Yippee Ki Yay at Beach Liquors in Bethany Beach Del at $89.99. They also had Jack Daniels Sinatra Select for $200.

Passed on the BT Binny's select they just got in. It sounds like they got a lot of it in. Other than the tasting notes in the email they sent out, has anyone picked one up to try yet?

1 hour ago, JSpartan said:

Passed on the BT Binny's select they just got in. It sounds like they got a lot of it in. Other than the tasting notes in the email they sent out, has anyone picked one up to try yet?

The email claimed it to be a marriage of 25 barrels. I guess they're big enough that they could have bought the whole batch of 25 barrels. 

2 hours ago, nate1892 said:

Passed on a Michters 10 and Angels Envy Cask Strength.  

What's the going rate for AE CS these days, if I may ask?

1 hour ago, Kane said:

What's the going rate for AE CS these days, if I may ask?

It was listed at $199

1 hour ago, nate1892 said:

It was listed at $199

Yep, that is probably in fairly close proximity to the "MSRP". I love it but it has gotten spendy unfortunately.

Rebel Yell 10 at $67. This was at a low-key local store that I frequent, they always have reasonable prices too -- they had OWA for $27 today. Now I haven't see an RY10 in a long time, Is that price tag considered normal these days? What has the world come to...

19 hours ago, JSpartan said:

I picked up a bottle.  It is good.  Not sure if it is as good as their pick last year, but it is tasty

Rebel Yell 10 at $67. This was at a low-key local store that I frequent, they always have reasonable prices too -- they had OWA for $27 today. Now I haven't see an RY10 in a long time, Is that price tag considered normal these days? What has the world come to...

Unfortunately that is actually cheaper than the normal retail price in Tennessee for batch #2. Batch #1 was $49, but the batch #2 price was increased to $79. I know some states still have pricing that is closer to the first batch, but not around here.

Angel's Envy CS, I don't understand the pricing with that one. Standard AE is what, $40 or so? CS is $200? Just insane.

On 8/11/2017 at 1:08 AM, JoeTerp said:

The email claimed it to be a marriage of 25 barrels. I guess they're big enough that they could have bought the whole batch of 25 barrels. 

I was disappointed when I got the email that it was a small batch vs a SB. I have 2 different BT SB pix right now, so I may skip this. Wish they would have done a bunch of SB instead, like they just did with the KCSBs - those are great & only $40!!!

Passed on several today some Orphan Barrel at decent prices and others at hugely inflated ones, WSR at $49 per. 750,

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I passed on MM Cask Strength (111.6 or 112.3 proof) at $35 for a 750ml bottle. I already have some Stagg Jr (126 proof) that I'm still investigating.

10 minutes ago, Postal Grunt said:

I passed on MM Cask Strength (111.6 or 112.3 proof) at $35 for a 750ml bottle. I already have some Stagg Jr (126 proof) that I'm still investigating.

That's a great price. I wouldn't have passed that up. Makers mark CS isn't the most complex bourbon but when I want something sweet it is my go to.

CEHTBP & ECBP. Both were overpriced in my opinion   I had been looking for the CEHT, was happy when I found in on the shelf, then let down when I was told it was $25 more than the last batch. 

ECBP was also higher than is typical. 

Oh well, there is always a store around the next corner :-)

On 8/8/2017 at 11:26 AM, DCFan said:

Just went into Outlet Liquors in Rehoboth Beach Del where I passed on a baby Saz for $49.99 (since it's readily available at home for $30). :D  I saw a lot of stuff I don't normally see such as Penn bourbons and passed on. Unfortunately I didn't see any ETL, Wellers, RHF, or EC12 (only the NAS).

Good price on the KC SB but not so good price on the ER 10. 

IMG_0018.JPG

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.