What bourbon did you purchase today? Summer 2017 bragfest!

DonutsNBourbon
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

14 hours ago, BigSkyDrams said:

I also grabbed a WT rare breed and Henry McKenna 10Yr BIB tonight. Only WT I've had before is the 101, which I don't mind. Is the Rare Breed pretty tasty?

Love the HM10. Rare Breed right there with it. I like the 112.8 that is being replaced. Been stocking up. 

IMG_3068.JPG

Shopping day today. :mellow: It just so happened that a store my wife wanted to go to was just a couple of doors down from a liquor store I sometimes go to. Imagine the luck of that. :huh: We parked the car, and my wife headed over to her store, and of course I made my way over to the liquor store. I actually just stopped in to say hi to the manager and see if they had anything new. They did. :) The PS KCSB they did finally came in. As is the case with some folks here, I just couldn't walk out empty handed. One came home with me. ^_^ 

Cheers! Joe

1 hour ago, Mako254 said:

Love the HM10. Rare Breed right there with it. I like the 112.8 that is being replaced. Been stocking up. 

IMG_3068.JPG

I think that's the one I got. Quite good (or so I recall... had a few nice pours of rye beforehand so my mental faculties may have been a bit shot:D). Guess I'll have to try again tonight to confirm!

12 hours ago, BigRich said:

Griff, I don't know where the hell you find all this RHF? I've been coming up dry for a couple of years now.

Hmm....maybe it's because you keep finding all the RHF...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Local store owner hooked me up. Saw a bottle at Happy Times in Decatur for $89.  

Local store owner hooked me up. Saw a bottle at Happy Times in Decatur for $89.  

Yeah, I see the dumbass pricing at a a number of places. I like RHF but not $75-$90.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stood in line this morning and scored a bottle of RHF.  Son and I walked around the store and ended up finding a Hancocks President's Reserve Single Barrel PS.  All in all a pretty good day.

I picked up a store select bottle of Knob Creek 120 proof, which is outstanding, and a store select bottle of Elijah Craig with an 11 year age statement. Looking forward to sipping the EC during the Pats game today. 

On 9/15/2017 at 10:54 PM, silverc said:

Picked up the EHTBP from the VA ABC Lottery today and when I got home I had some other goodies waiting for me.... The Beam Signature Craft Set (Whole Rolled Oat, Triticale, Six Row Barley, High Rye, Brown Rice, and Soft Red Wheat) and a Tariquet Folle Blanche 12 year Armagnac. The Beam 375ml bottles were only $20 each, a lot better value than the regular retail of around $50.

IMG_0843.JPG

IMG_0854.JPG

I'm pretty sure that's below cost on those JBs.  My local guy refuses to mark them down that low because it would be too big of a loss.  They've been sitting for a long time taking up shelf space.  I'd love to try all of them, but I'm not buying at anything close to MSRP

I was in Portland yesterday and picked up one each of two different RRSB store picks at Rose City Liquor.  The gal at the cash register was going to offer samples but it turned out the open bottles were empty.  I've heard good things about each, so it wasn't a hard decision to get them.

russell's-reserve-sb-small.jpg

I'm pretty sure that's below cost on those JBs.  My local guy refuses to mark them down that low because it would be too big of a loss.  They've been sitting for a long time taking up shelf space.  I'd love to try all of them, but I'm not buying at anything close to MSRP

Same with me. I know a store that has rows of each of them, and I don't think he's sold a single one for almost a year, but he keeps the $49.99 price on them. Maybe pricing will catch up 10 years from now and he will sell some, but I bet he'll sit on them until then.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

20 minutes ago, lcpfratn said:

Same with me. I know a store that has rows of each of them, and I don't think he's sold a single one for almost a year, but he keeps the $49.99 price on them. Maybe pricing will catch up 10 years from now and he will sell some, but I bet he'll sit on them until then.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

There's an online store selling all 6 of the harvest collection for $100 or the individual bottles for $20 (+ shipping).

My cousin from Lexington was in town this weekend... love his visits!

IMG_2015.JPG

That ET bib sure is a pretty bottle. Figured a 1L for $25 is an easy decision...

Edited by JTaylor

On 9/15/2017 at 8:00 PM, Stump1998 said:

The old lady called and said to pick her up some Crown Vanilla for the weekend. Not going to lie, I waited until the store was empty and made a run for the counter. Don't think anybody seen me. I got the ER for my troubles. lol

So here's what ya do:

You buy a bottle of CR Northern Harvest, and you pour a measured amount into a glass.

Now add a few drops of vanilla extract, until it starts to taste sufficiently vanilla. Once you have your ratio, do the whole bottle.

Pour this into your next empty CR Vanilla bottle.

It will still be CR Vanilla, but she'll get used to drinking all flavoring whisky with no GNS in it. Plus, you'll feel good about buying a quality product instead of supporting the dark side of flavored whisky.

You can always dial the vanilla back in stages over the next few bottles...

11 minutes ago, The Black Tot said:

So here's what ya do:

You buy a bottle of CR Northern Harvest, and you pour a measured amount into a glass.

Now add a few drops of vanilla extract, until it starts to taste sufficiently vanilla. Once you have your ratio, do the whole bottle.

Pour this into your next empty CR Vanilla bottle.

It will still be CR Vanilla, but she'll get used to drinking all flavoring whisky with no GNS in it. Plus, you'll feel good about buying a quality product instead of supporting the dark side of flavored whisky.

You can always dial the vanilla back in stages over the next few bottles...

#winningformula 

1 hour ago, JTaylor said:

My cousin from Lexington was in town this weekend... love his visits!

IMG_2015.JPG

That ET bib sure is a pretty bottle. Figured a 1L for $25 is an easy decision...

How's the AAA 10 star?

Still on my list of BT products to try...

8 hours ago, 0895 said:

How's the AAA 10 star?

Still on my list of BT products to try...

It has taken the place of MM for my mixer of choice. Used to LOVE a MM and Sprite (Well, still do...), but the AAA is excellent and @ $25/1.75 it is hard to beat!

On the way to Bardstown for 3 days starting Tuesday.  Looking to restock my BIB's.  I want to do the Beam distillery tour this time around and maybe pick up a special bottle at Four Roses gift shop.

My flight landed a few minutes early, enabling me to make a late Sunday night stop in New Orleans-- adding the store pick 1792 single barrel and Kentucky Spirit to the bottles I brought back on the plane. I've been picking up the 375mL Rare Breed wherever I find it, it's such a cool little bottle and I don't like the looks of the new bottle (or label) at all.

IMG_7622.thumb.jpg.624fd352d6798e390e3858b94cff42f9.jpg

IMG_7623.thumb.jpg.53c5dd0e3b9600e173b4642680e70f7e.jpg

34 minutes ago, Marekv8 said:

My flight landed a few minutes early, enabling me to make a late Sunday night stop in New Orleans-- adding the store pick 1792 single barrel and Kentucky Spirit to the bottles I brought back on the plane. I've been picking up the 375mL Rare Breed wherever I find it, it's such a cool little bottle and I don't like the looks of the new bottle (or label) at all.

IMG_7622.thumb.jpg.624fd352d6798e390e3858b94cff42f9.jpg

IMG_7623.thumb.jpg.53c5dd0e3b9600e173b4642680e70f7e.jpg

Never seen IWH12 before.

3 hours ago, Tennessee Dave said:

On the way to Bardstown for 3 days starting Tuesday.  Looking to restock my BIB's.  I want to do the Beam distillery tour this time around and maybe pick up a special bottle at Four Roses gift shop.

You'll really like the Beam Tour.  We were at the 4R gift shop (Cox's Creek) on Labor Day and they didn't have any special bottles.  If you get the time to hit MM it's a really good tour.  Let me know if you're looking for anything else.  E'town is just 30 minutes from Bardstown.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.