What bourbon did you purchase today? Summer 2017 bragfest!

DonutsNBourbon
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Wow.  That is a beautiful bottle!

Agree, was surprised I stumbled upon it in a small seller in a very small city. Was hoping to find some export only WT 8 or 12 yr but this will do.

Watch out for the WT8yr if you do find it. There are good ones and bad ones. I bought a crapload of the bad ones :)

...I mean, it's better than not drinking whiskey, and they were cheap...but still. Uninspiring whiskey can be a false economy.

12 hours ago, Kane said:

Reading this thread I sometimes think that I live in a parallel dimension or something. In my almost-daily hunt for spirits all these years, I've encountered precisely 1 bottle of ECBP available for purchase, and bought it at a $20 mark up. In essence, I've found it much easier to purchase a Pappy or BTAC in comparison :)

I saw 4 ECBP on the shelf last week at 64.99. I picked up one (bringing my total to 3). HH doesnt seem to be as popular in my area where regular ol BT is alotment. 

I tried both of these store picks but I'd already had three beers and was chewing gum so the tastes were worthless. I bought one of each and will have to taste at home and drive the 30 miles back to this store if they are winners. Owner said the 1792 has been a hit. 

IMG_3184.JPG

3 hours ago, Jkersh said:

1792 Sweet Wheat - $36

Angels Envy Rye - $48

Elmer T Lee - $35

Wow nice price on that AE Rye, not everyone's thing, but I like it!

Watch out for the WT8yr if you do find it. There are good ones and bad ones. I bought a crapload of the bad ones [emoji4]

...I mean, it's better than not drinking whiskey, and they were cheap...but still. Uninspiring whiskey can be a false economy.

Really ok, anyway to discern between the two?

I'm probably done looking for the trip. It good to know for future trips.

On 8/29/2017 at 10:26 PM, lcpfratn said:

Picked up this jewel today...and got Jimmy and Eddie to sign the bottle since they were in the store today!
d249822183d74406e09df3b87a6961e5.jpg

That's awesome, but I'd never want to open it!

On 01/09/2017 at 2:20 PM, HoustonNit said:

Picked this up in a small shop today in France.

30423ce548d2caedbb63e78af4403e1c.jpg

8c1b70552a3632e2bf65236f553b0817.jpg

Nice find, welcome to Europe, in which part of France are you ? 

If you're lucky, you will find some Wild Turkey 8yo, the 12 yo will be much more difficult. 

Edited by Masset1982

Nice find, welcome to Europe, in which part of France are you ? 
If you're lucky, you will find some Wild Turkey 8yo, the 12 yo will be much more difficult. 

Hi Mass, northwest of Paris by about an hour, close to the Picardie/Haute Normandie border if that helps any.

41 minutes ago, HoustonNit said:

Hi Mass, northwest of Paris by about an hour, close to the Picardie/Haute Normandie border if that helps any.

Nice, how long are you staying ?

I am very proud to own this bottle. 

However, I cannot take credit for the purchase.

My super generous Brother gave it to me for my birthday. 

What an awesome Brother. He found 1bottle, gave it to me!

We will be sharing this bourbon & the experience together very soon. 

IMG_1681.JPG

1 hour ago, Wedelstaedt said:

I am very proud to own this bottle. 

However, I cannot take credit for the purchase.

My super generous Brother gave it to me for my birthday. 

What an awesome Brother. He found 1bottle, gave it to me!

We will be sharing this bourbon & the experience together very soon. 

IMG_1681.JPG

Nice brother.

I passed on a RHF yesterday, but did bring home one lonesome bottle. ;) Every once in a while, a Weller whore gets lucky. :D

Cheers! Joe

new.jpeg

A local LS just got in a barrel selection or Eagle Rare 10 so I grabbed a couple for myself and one for a fella at work. Another local LS is supposed to be getting a barrel selection of Blanton's soon so a couple of bottles of that should do me for a while on BT products.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Picked up another 1792SBPS Saturday. These are really good imo. Some Full Proof is supposedly gonna land shortly. Looking foward to that. Also, not Bourbon but I found a dusty Famous Grouse 18 on Saturday too. That went home with me quick. Discontinued product with great juice inside. Hadnt seen one in years. 

1504559239170294384530.jpg

5 hours ago, Insanityabounds said:

Picked up another 1792SBPS Saturday. These are really good imo. Some Full Proof is supposedly gonna land shortly. Looking foward to that. Also, not Bourbon but I found a dusty Famous Grouse 18 on Saturday too. That went home with me quick. Discontinued product with great juice inside. Hadnt seen one in years. 

1504559239170294384530.jpg

I saw a FG 18 yesterday and almost bit on it, I was kind of wondering how I would feel about it this day since I've been drinking a lot more scotch than in the past 5 or so years.

14 hours ago, kevinbrink said:

I saw a FG 18 yesterday and almost bit on it, I was kind of wondering how I would feel about it this day since I've been drinking a lot more scotch than in the past 5 or so years.

If they still have it and it is near you I would grab it. Seriously good stuff and value. Imported by Remy Cointreau before Edrington cut them out in 2014. Its got loads Macallan and Highland Park 18's from before the quality took a major hit on thier age stated expressions. Its also not going to be bottled again any time soon far as I can tell. Wish I could get a 30!! 

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.