What bourbon did you purchase today? Summer 2017 bragfest!

DonutsNBourbon
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

15 minutes ago, CardsandBourbon said:

A case of ETL landed at one or our local stores.  I bought 1, my son bought 1 & a friend bought 1.  They now have 1/2 of a case.

Image result for elmer t lee

Elmer has entered the building!  Great pick ups!

Picked up an OWA single barrel selection from one of the locals.  It was a lone remaining bottle that I was fortunate to get by asking if he had any.  It must have been hidden somewhere.  I don't remember this store having a single barrel.

On 6/25/2017 at 7:44 PM, Kness said:

Picked those babies up in Elizabeth, NJ on my way to Atlantic City. Originally got two KCs, but one didn't survive the trip. 

El.jpg

KCSB and Makers PS are really solid pours.  WT KS is unopened in the bunker.  Please post your thoughts when you get them open!

5 minutes ago, El Vino said:

KCSB and Makers PS are really solid pours.  WT KS is unopened in the bunker.  Please post your thoughts when you get them open!

Yeah, I would be happy to pick up all four of those bottles.

I shop in Bayway regularly.  Whiskey manager there is a really good guy and very well known in the industry.  He usually gets great private selections.  When I tasted that particular FR PS it didn't blow me away.  I have an itch to open that WT KS though, just need to clear some room on the bar.

Edited by El Vino

Yungins?!?

You kidding me, that's a pretty recent vintage. Needs a dial to be considered old. Them were real phones!

From a middle aged yungin who grew up with a dial phone......good memories.....

B

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How about a dial phone, in a built in cubby, in the hall of the house, that was a party line where three families shared the same line????

How about a dial phone, in a built in cubby, in the hall of the house, that was a party line where three families shared the same line????

Sorry to stay on topic my brother in KY picked up a few bottles of the 1792 225th release for me

1 hour ago, Hop said:

Sorry to stay on topic my brother in KY picked up a few bottles of the 1792 225th release for me

I'm heading to Louisville tomorrow? Is it pretty easy to find the 225th release still? I'd love to pick one up while there, but I won't have much time to run around the city looking. 

Any recommendations near the Anchorage / Keeneland area of Louisville?

I'm not sure about Louisville. These came from Bowling Green.

In Louisville there is Westport Whiskey and Wine. Also around Bowman Field the old airport there are several stores that have been there a while and had good selections when I was in the area last year

Came in Indy today picked these up got OF for $35 FRPS $49 and RRSiB for $ 45 before tax all were 10 bucks off haha

IMG_2394.JPG

IMG_2395.JPG

2 hours ago, DaytonDawg said:

Came in Indy today picked these up got OF for $35 FRPS $49 and RRSiB for $ 45 before tax all were 10 bucks off haha

IMG_2394.JPG

IMG_2395.JPG

Hey, bring that back!  In Indiana, we only export bulk whiskey intended for NDPs.  All others are import only.  Leather and Lace is Petty and Nicks approved!

On June 27, 2017 at 9:46 PM, KyleCBreese said:

I saw Four Roses released a 16 year OBSK today. Did anyone happen to attend the bottling line opening event and grab a bottle?

Got extremely lucky in calling the Gift Shop today and purchased my limit on this bottle. I heard others were not as lucky even 10 minutes after me. Thankfully, a extremely generous SBer is going to help make sure it finds a way to NC for us to enjoy. You just have to love how the bourbon community comes together to help each other.

14 hours ago, DaytonDawg said:

IMG_2394.JPG

IMG_2395.JPG

Very Nice!

Picked up a store pick of KCSB that was 12 yrs old while in Michigan.  Got to try a sample in the store, and with a stuffy head couldn't really pick out very much - but believe in rewarding that type of offer :)  Plus the gents who were also trying without stuffy heads seemed pretty impressed.

5 hours ago, GaryT said:

Picked up a store pick of KCSB that was 12 yrs old while in Michigan.  Got to try a sample in the store, and with a stuffy head couldn't really pick out very much - but believe in rewarding that type of offer :)  Plus the gents who were also trying without stuffy heads seemed pretty impressed.

HEY!!!! Who are calling a 'gent'????   :angry:

I will say (and not just because I participated in the selection), this is indeed a honey barrel of KC 120.    I'm gonna crack open the bottle I picked up when we were there and give it good going over tomorrow.     I'll post about it in the 'what bottle did you open' thread.

Picked up a SAOS 7 yr and a CEHT SB for the long weekend. Hope you all have a good one.

All the guys in the what did you pass up thread convinced me to get another RY10 at $45. Did stumble upon some more ridiculously rated Firestone Stickee Monkee while there so that was a win.

78e93dbd33cbe22b185eb55e3c6520bd.jpg

31 minutes ago, LongGone said:

Picked up a SAOS 7 yr and a CEHT SB for the long weekend. Hope you all have a good one.

Wish I had a long weekend. Have to work Monday, then have Tuesday off. At least the rest of the week will feel short.

Picked up these today, which are both new for me, to usher in the holiday weekend.  Cheers to all!

OF 1920 and MMCS - 2.jpg

Managed to grab another 2 bottles of ECBP B517 this evening on the way home from work. I left 3 on the shelf for the next person since I have now gotten 9 of them. The last 2 where for a fellow SBer, but I might pick up one more bottle for myself if I find more. You know, have to have a nice round number.

This is a week old.

I ran into a cluster of W12 while leaving out of Oklahoma City. I bought the EH Barrel Proof at the same. I drove a few blocks down the road to see if the other stores got a W12 shipment in as well.....and sure enough they did.  The 2nd store also had a bottle of EH-4 Grain for $89 that I had to pass on since I just bought the BP. Oh well, was a very good haul. I FINALLY ran into W12 in the wild!!!

Weller Home .JPG

W12 hasn't made it to MO that I'm aware of. If/when it does I'm pretty sure it won't be in that quantity.  There are more bottles in that picture than I've ever seen TOTAL in the wild.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.