What bourbon did you purchase today? Summer 2017 bragfest!

DonutsNBourbon
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

39 minutes ago, Golferpimp1 said:

Finally found one of these. Had a shelf full of all sizes but I had my better half with me and am limited in space so I just snagged a 1L. e6c47f53d2933ac2596172667314db2e.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Nice score... I found a bunch in a small town and was pleasantly surprised. You could call it a dusty. 

On ‎7‎/‎6‎/‎2017 at 10:08 PM, Hop said:

Picked up two cases of 1792FP Store Picks from a couple of stores in TN while making my way through today.

Left plenty for others to pick up as well.

Good thing you added that last line, otherwise you might have been lynched around here.

Good thing you added that last line, otherwise you might have been lynched around here.

Don't let them fool you Kep. I've the seen the bunkers of some of those lynchers and they had their shelf clearing days too. ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just picked up a bottle of David Nicholson 1843 at the Va ABC for the discontinued price of $19.59 which is $10.40 under their regular price.

13 hours ago, JSpartan said:

I saw this and immediately checked with my guy, and luckily he had one left in the back. First time finding one in the wild. I also picked up some Doom for my brother. Can't wait to crack this open and finally try it.

IMG_0062.JPG

Glad my post helped. 

New local collaboration release.

Rye whiskey aged in a peanut butter chocolate milk stout beer barrel.

Might be gross, but most of still 630's stuff is pretty decent.

I'll gamble for $25.

IMAG2177.jpg

After having a few pours from the bottle of Barrell Bourbon batch 011 that I bought last week, I had to go back and get another bottle. It's a little pricey, but it is very good. You can check out some of the blogger reviews that do a better job than I can of discussing it's attributes. If you see one in the wild, I highly recommend buying it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Too many comments on $20 OGD114 and oddly haven't seen the BIB around so I picked up a bottle. Also another EC with the 12 on the back and Doom and Boulevard barrel aged beers.

2eb78cb7a2120c62e72b815598ad6b12.jpg

Just got back from a work trip to Denmark and France. Was able to grab some Blanton's export-only versions that I have been trying to find for a while.... Was hoping to go to Maison du Whisky in Paris but didn't have time so I had to "settle" for these instead. :)

They were not cheap though....

IMG_7715.JPG

Edited by silverc

Just stopped by the LS after the Rays finished off their 3rd win out of 4 games against Boston this weekend (sorry, GeeTen).  Thought I'd try my first bottle of Michter's to see where I fall in the discussion about this bourbon.

Michter's.jpg

Stagg jr batch 3, never tried any before batch 4 but I love all the one's Ive tried so I'll pay blind.

Just got back from a work trip to Denmark and France. Was able to grab some Blanton's export-only versions that I have been trying to find for a while.... Was hoping to go to Maison du Whisky in Paris but didn't have time so I had to "settle" for these instead. [emoji4]

IMG_7715.thumb.JPG.2119020b8fe211f3c8442cc9a440abd8.JPG

Did you find any of those in Denmark? I travel there every other year or so to visit my wife's family, so I'm planning on looking for these next summer.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

9 hours ago, Swamp55 said:

Just stopped by the LS after the Rays finished off their 3rd win out of 4 games against Boston this weekend (sorry, GeeTen).  Thought I'd try my first bottle of Michter's to see where I fall in the discussion about this bourbon.

No worries, Swamp55 - I had to console myself with this buy for our Whiskey Den group.  And this was only part of the purchase!

7815.jpeg

Just wish I had enough money and was lucky enough to get to purchase these bottles for myself.  But it's always better to share good whisk(e)y with friends, no?   ;)

BTW, most were L&K barrel picks (and we got the barrel, too) and part of the money spent went to support our local veterans' groups.  Made up for the Sox' bats going cold in the A/C of the Dome, eh?  :P

Edited by GeeTen
Spelling and added pic

20 hours ago, silverc said:

Just got back from a work trip to Denmark and France. Was able to grab some Blanton's export-only versions that I have been trying to find for a while.... Was hoping to go to Maison du Whisky in Paris but didn't have time so I had to "settle" for these instead. :)

IMG_7715.JPG

Very Nice!

17 hours ago, GeeTen said:

No worries, Swamp55 - I had to console myself with this buy for our Whiskey Den group.  And this was only part of the purchase!

7815.jpeg

Just wish I had enough money and was lucky enough to get to purchase these bottles for myself.  But it's always better to share good whisk(e)y with friends, no?   ;)

BTW, most were L&K barrel picks (and we got the barrel, too) and part of the money spent went to support our local veterans' groups.  Made up for the Sox' bats going cold in the A/C of the Dome, eh?  :P

a bunch of those look like the picks made by a group i belong to (all except the pappy and ec23) - your whiskey den group is in for some real treats with those bottles

Of all things, I picked up an Abraham Bowman #14 LE Wheat Bourbon. I've talked before about Washington State gets everything last, but this is taking it to an entirely new level. I don't even look for these AB LE's because I've never seen a single one out here. I walked into to my favorite local tonight and they asked me if I was interested in one at $75.99. Yes please.

Also grabbed a Mellow Corn. First time I've seen it here in WA as well and I have it on good authority that this one is also tasty right out of the refrigerator on a hot day. 

1 hour ago, flahute said:

Of all things, I picked up an Abraham Bowman #14 LE Wheat Bourbon. I've talked before about Washington State gets everything last, but this is taking it to an entirely new level. I don't even look for these AB LE's because I've never seen a single one out here. I walked into to my favorite local tonight and they asked me if I was interested in one at $75.99. Yes please.

Also grabbed a Mellow Corn. First time I've seen it here in WA as well and I have it on good authority that this one is also tasty right out of the refrigerator on a hot day. 

You're really not kidding there.  That Abraham Bowman went on lottery in Virginia over a year ago (6/30/2016) and they have had two more releases in the Abraham Bowman line since then.

8 hours ago, flahute said:

It also is GREAT in a Bloody Mary in place of vodka, Steve. Really gives that cocktail some body and texture while taking some of the acidic twang off of the tomato.  Throw in a  couple/3 pieces of bacon, and whoa Nellie!!!!!!  :D

1 hour ago, smokinjoe said:

It also is GREAT in a Bloody Mary in place of vodka, Steve. Really gives that cocktail some body and texture while taking some of the acidic twang off of the tomato.  Throw in a  couple/3 pieces of bacon, and whoa Nellie!!!!!!  :D

Well Duh Joe, everything is better with bacon.

I have had the Weller before, the others not. I am getting to be a big fan of Old Bardstown especially since Willet started making it. The regular low end one is pretty good. I am not sure if they made this estate bottled but looking forward to trying it. We can't seem to get the BIB here. Hope the drum is good too.

image.jpg

Grabbed 3 EHT Four Grains at $70, 2 Weller 12s at $29 and 2 Blade + Bows at $60 last weekend. This week I traded an ORVW for the beauty pictured here - biggest score ever.

fa04d506427fcd8da2d3806997170b19.jpg

37 minutes ago, cdcdguy said:

I have had the Weller before, the others not. I am getting to be a big fan of Old Bardstown especially since Willet started making it. The regular low end one is pretty good. I am not sure if they made this estate bottled but looking forward to trying it. We can't seem to get the BIB here. Hope the drum is good too.

image.jpg

The Old Bardstown in your photo is the old label that was not distilled by Willett. 

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.