What bourbon did you purchase today? Summer 2017 bragfest!

DonutsNBourbon
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I was getting my WV fix the last couple of days and a cabin neighbor told me about a liquor store nearby (in Morgan County) that had  surprising array of top shelf and interesting finds, so I swung by on the way out and sure 'nough it was open on July 4!  So I liberated a couple of bottles - one a Redbreast 12 year old and this one, very excited to crack it open.   It's so great to be free of the tyranny of the Va ABC and Montgomery Liquor Control on this great day!     
chrome.exe
20170704_163022.thumb.jpg.c7e2275d907e6d4274740aaeb1621c2b.jpg

Whoa who is Ashton and what did they do with Sarah......

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

17 minutes ago, Golferpimp1 said:

And what's the proof on that guy. 

Beat me to it.

37 minutes ago, HoustonNit said:

Beat me to it.

Sarah and James must have had the day off!  

Yeah I get the Diageo criticisms but good bourbon is good bourbon. I've always seen Barterhouse right at $75 around here so I didn't think $70 was that big of a bargain. I guess I feel the same way when I see pics of W12 for $30.
20170703_214555-756x1008.thumb.jpg.f42b830f2f724be5541e79060229f43b.jpg

$70 whisky for me.

$7 wine for the wife.

That's fair I guess...

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

17 hours ago, marshbound said:

I was getting my WV fix the last couple of days and a cabin neighbor told me about a liquor store nearby (in Morgan County) that had  surprising array of top shelf and interesting finds, so I swung by on the way out and sure 'nough it was open on July 4!  So I liberated a couple of bottles - one a Redbreast 12 year old and this one, very excited to crack it open.   It's so great to be free of the tyranny of the Va ABC and Montgomery Liquor Control on this great day!     

chrome.exe

20170704_163022.jpg

That is the first SA bottle I have seen not bottled by James or Sarah, who is this Ashton character?????

11 hours ago, b1gcountry said:

$70 whisky for me.

$7 wine for the wife.

That's fair I guess...

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

She drinks the whiskey too! Ha

Just got back from Kentucky with these. I already have a few bottles of WSR, but I couldn't pass up a 1.75L for $27.99 considering I pay that much for a 750ml usually. 

IMG_0061.JPG

Edited by JSpartan

2 hours ago, JSpartan said:

Just got back from Kentucky with these. I already have a few bottles of WSR, but I couldn't pass up a 1.75L for $27.99 considering I pay that much for a 750ml usually. 

IMG_0061.JPG

Nice haul.  As long as you leave a bottle or two for us natives we're OK with it.

OGD 114 finally hit the home town. Picked up one to drink and couple more for the bunker. Then I find a case and a half on the shelves at another store. I guess another one for the bunker?

Hope we get the W12 and ETL soon. For some reason they (distributer) decided to sit on it till after the 4th.

Got an unexpected call from Spec's today, that they had a bottle of ETL on hold for me. They've actually come through as of late. I also got a bottle of W12 from them not long ago. It's amazing what all of sudden pops up on the retail side when a little competition hits town.

5c936cd0ea5bf35f5cecdc48dfc8702a.jpg

Also found a Calvados barrel finished beer I saw in the beer thread that I wanted to try.

On 6/27/2017 at 3:08 PM, NDN98 said:

Just bought this one and will be my first time trying it out.

IMG_5867.JPG

So. Good.

On 7/4/2017 at 6:51 PM, mbroo5880i said:

Sarah and James must have had the day off!  

I will say that Ashton is bringing the heat - 119.4 for this barrel.

On 7/2/2017 at 9:39 PM, flahute said:

One should always be over the fence and running with ECBP.

I tried it, did a SBS with ECNAS store pick.  It is OK, more flavor, but also more heat.  I have tried EC12 before, it has not been a favorite.  This ECBP has the same flavor profile, more intense rye flavor, more heat.  It will take me a while to get through this bottle.  

18 minutes ago, Kepler said:

Came across this handle last weekend while out of town.

WIN_20170706_210940.JPG

very nice find

Came across this handle last weekend while out of town.

WIN_20170706_210940.thumb.JPG.7e30366eef18991ea3d28df182c70413.JPG

Wow you did good. I've seen similar handles of OC but only the 8.

My unicorn is finding a random bottle of the Proprietor's Reserve. Probably more likely to stumble upon PVW15 but it could happen.

Picked up two cases of 1792FP Store Picks from a couple of stores in TN while making my way through today. One from B&B in Kingsport and another from M.C.s outside Knoxville. Got to taste both and liked them. Like the B&B more but they were both very good. Left plenty for others to pick up as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Picked up another ECBP (A-117), just cuz... well... Why NOT!

1792 SB.

never tried it so im looking forward to trying it out

I was getting jealous of all the Weller 12 everyone was posting. Can't believe I found a bottle myself. To make it an all wheater day I added a DN1843. It's the first one of those I've bought since the infamous BIB fiasco. 

IMG_0092.JPG

went to 4 places supposed to get in Weller 12, nada for third week in a row. Bought a Stagg jr, 4 Roses single barrell, EC small batch

5 hours ago, Limegoldconvertible68 said:

I was getting jealous of all the Weller 12 everyone was posting. Can't believe I found a bottle myself. To make it an all wheater day I added a DN1843. It's the first one of those I've bought since the infamous BIB fiasco. 

IMG_0092.JPG

I saw this and immediately checked with my guy, and luckily he had one left in the back. First time finding one in the wild. I also picked up some Doom for my brother. Can't wait to crack this open and finally try it.

IMG_0062.JPG

32 minutes ago, JSpartan said:

I saw this and immediately checked with my guy, and luckily he had one left in the back. First time finding one in the wild. I also picked up some Doom for my brother. Can't wait to crack this open and finally try it.

IMG_0062.JPG

That is a good bourbon/beer combo right there!

Finally found one of these. Had a shelf full of all sizes but I had my better half with me and am limited in space so I just snagged a 1L. e6c47f53d2933ac2596172667314db2e.jpg

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.