What bourbon did you purchase today? Summer 2017 bragfest!

DonutsNBourbon
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

32 minutes ago, KrispinD said:

Grabbed 3 EHT Four Grains at $70, 2 Weller 12s at $29 and 2 Blade + Bows at $60 last weekend. This week I traded an ORVW for the beauty pictured here - biggest score ever.

fa04d506427fcd8da2d3806997170b19.jpg

Interesting... I might have done the reverse!

Picked up a couple of these beautiful Blanton's SFTB that K&L had on their website the other day. I wasn't able to find it the last time I was in Europe, so I'm excited to finally try it.
c84e38982f7c335ac7c11c22c51640ec.jpg

22 minutes ago, Kpiz said:

Picked up a couple of these beautiful Blanton's SFTB that K&L had on their website the other day. I wasn't able to find it the last time I was in Europe, so I'm excited to finally try it.

Is it a 700 or 750 bottle?

1 hour ago, flahute said:

The Old Bardstown in your photo is the old label that was not distilled by Willett. 

That's is what I suspected. Thanks for the info.!

7 minutes ago, Clueby said:

Is it a 700 or 750 bottle?

It's a 750ml bottle. I always thought the export version was in a 700ml bottle, but maybe it's a 750? Perhaps someone here can confirm.

47 minutes ago, Kpiz said:

It's a 750ml bottle. I always thought the export version was in a 700ml bottle, but maybe it's a 750? Perhaps someone here can confirm.

I got one as well. It is 750ml.

3 hours ago, cdcdguy said:

I have had the Weller before, the others not. I am getting to be a big fan of Old Bardstown especially since Willet started making it. The regular low end one is pretty good. I am not sure if they made this estate bottled but looking forward to trying it. We can't seem to get the BIB here. Hope the drum is good too.

image.jpg

OWA is one of my go to pours.  Haven't had the OB, but I think you'll really like the Johnny Drum.

2 hours ago, Kpiz said:

I assume all Blanton's products, not just "Blanton's Single Barrel" are single barrel.  However, unlike the regular Blanton's, none of the other products have labeling as such nor does their website indicate they are single barrel.  Does anyone know? Of course, I have never seen any of the other three bottles so maybe there is something on the labeling or packaging that I don't see in the pictures.  I would be happy to further investigate if someone wants to send me a bottle.  :D

Any idea how K+L was able to obtain a 750 ml version for sale in the U.S.? 

Interesting... I might have done the reverse!

Well keep an eye out for a PH Wheat and I'll look for another ORVW. :)

9 minutes ago, mbroo5880i said:

I assume all Blanton's products, not just "Blanton's Single Barrel" are single barrel.  However, unlike the regular Blanton's, none of the other products have labeling as such nor does their website indicate they are single barrel.  Does anyone know? Of course, I have never seen any of the other three bottles so maybe there is something on the labeling or packaging that I don't see in the pictures.  I would be happy to further investigate if someone wants to send me a bottle.  :D

Any idea how K+L was able to obtain a 750 ml version for sale in the U.S.? 

On the left-hand side of the picture I posted, within the white part of the label, it says "single barrel" vertically next to where it says "Blanton's". The print is just really small. I'm not entirely sure about the Green or Gold label, though.

I'm not sure how K&L got their hands on this for the domestic market. Their blog post on the subject was fairly cryptic.

I'm going to ask @silverc since it looks like he just brought some of this back from Europe. Do you know if your bottles of Blanton's SFTB are 700ml or 750ml?

1 minute ago, Kpiz said:

On the left-hand side of the picture I posted, within the white part of the label, it says "single barrel" vertically next to where it says "Blanton's". The print is just really small. I'm not entirely sure about the Green or Gold label, though.

I'm not sure how K&L got their hands on this for the domestic market. Their blog post on the subject was fairly cryptic.

I'm going to ask @silverc since it looks like he just brought some of this back from Europe. Do you know if your bottles of Blanton's SFTB are 700ml or 750ml?

I purchased some from Master of Malt not too long ago and they are in 700 ml bottles

Just now, JoeTerp said:

I purchased some from Master of Malt not too long ago and they are in 700 ml bottles

Well there we go. Thank you much. How this ended up in 750ml bottles and available at K&L, I have neither an idea nor a guess.

2 minutes ago, Kpiz said:

Well there we go. Thank you much. How this ended up in 750ml bottles and available at K&L, I have neither an idea nor a guess.

Sometimes it is best not to question and just enjoy! :)

1 hour ago, mbroo5880i said:

In the photo, on the label, it states "From Barrel No. 587".  That would imply the single barrel status you were curious about.

4 hours ago, CardsandBourbon said:

OWA is one of my go to pours.  Haven't had the OB, but I think you'll really like the Johnny Drum.

I will probably bunker the OWA, doubt I can get another. It is really nice and this was a barbell pick from my local store.

3 hours ago, Swamp55 said:

In the photo, on the label, it states "From Barrel No. 587".  That would imply the single barrel status you were curious about.

Right you are!  It sounds like it also has it in small print on the label.  When I was younger, my attention span tended to not see the fine print.  As I get older, my eye sight tends to not see the fine print. :mellow:

It also is GREAT in a Bloody Mary in place of vodka, Steve. Really gives that cocktail some body and texture while taking some of the acidic twang off of the tomato.  Throw in a  couple/3 pieces of bacon, and whoa Nellie!!!!!!  [emoji3]

This is perfect looking for a vodka alternative for Bloody Mary's as well as a way to use my Mellow Corn. Thank you.

9 hours ago, KrispinD said:

Grabbed 3 EHT Four Grains at $70, 2 Weller 12s at $29 and 2 Blade + Bows at $60 last weekend. This week I traded an ORVW for the beauty pictured here - biggest score ever.

fa04d506427fcd8da2d3806997170b19.jpg

You definitely came out on top of that trade.

After work I had some errands to run. On the way home I figured I'd stop at a store that I don't visit too often. It was my lucky day. I bought two ETL's and a Batch #7 Stagg Jr. :o They were on sale, which meant they were actually right about retail. ;) 

Cheers! Joe

new.jpeg

I made a mistake in my post. The Stagg Jr is actually Batch #8., 129.5 proof.  And it's pretty good. :P

Cheers! Joe

Spent 9 days in the northeast (NJ-NY-CT), visiting wife's fam, what a dearth the bourbon selection is up there. Settled on a bottle WT101 for $35 for the hotel room. (Seemed expensive until I had a pour of KC for $17 later on at a restaurant.) I did pass on an older ECBP and Stagg Jr mainly because I assumed the worst on the price. Back in TX now, tho. Taking the week off to recover from the "vacation" (planes, trains, and automobiles, plus miles of walking, with a 2 year old, for a week and a half, I think I'm more worn down than before I left...)

1 hour ago, fishnbowljoe said:

After work I had some errands to run. On the way home I figured I'd stop at a store that I don't visit too often. It was my lucky day. I bought two ETL's and a Batch #7 Stagg Jr. :o They were on sale, which meant they were actually right about retail. ;) 

Cheers! Joe

new.jpeg

That would be a nice trip to the liquor store!

21 minutes ago, dcbt said:

Spent 9 days in the northeast (NJ-NY-CT), visiting wife's fam, what a dearth the bourbon selection is up there. Settled on a bottle WT101 for $35 for the hotel room. (Seemed expensive until I had a pour of KC for $17 later on at a restaurant.) I did pass on an older ECBP and Stagg Jr mainly because I assumed the worst on the price. Back in TX now, tho. Taking the week off to recover from the "vacation" (planes, trains, and automobiles, plus miles of walking, with a 2 year old, for a week and a half, I think I'm more worn down than before I left...)

I live in NJ and work in NYC, you should have started a thread I would have lead you to an oasis of good selection low price. They are hard to find but they exist even here.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.