What bourbon did you purchase today? Summer 2017 bragfest!

DonutsNBourbon
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Found these while out of town. Bought three and left one. 

IMG_0011.JPG

Edited by Radsman13

1 hour ago, Radsman13 said:

IMG_0011.JPG

Very smart purchases!!! You will love them. Cheers and Congrats.

11 hours ago, Radsman13 said:

IMG_0011.JPG

Very Nice! Enjoy!

Yesterday was a great day. First off my wife and I finished a retaining wall in the garden that we've been laboring over for months. Then I made a stop at the corner store to get some snacks and found they have stock of Stagg Jr, which I haven't seen in probably 5 months. I picked up two at $52 each.

19720298_10104443478690050_2129328192_o.jpg

Bought a bottle of IW Harper 15yr yesterday in Alabama priced at $75. I've never tried it, but may give it a go tonight before I leave town in a few days in case I want to go back and get another bottle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've been on the fence about buying a bottle, but after all of the comments, I decided to pick up a ECBP B517, $59.99.  Plan to open it on the 4th. 

ECBP_B517.jpg

2 hours ago, kwshannon said:

I've been on the fence about buying a bottle, but after all of the comments, I decided to pick up a ECBP B517, $59.99.  Plan to open it on the 4th. 

ECBP_B517.jpg

One should always be over the fence and running with ECBP.

On 6/28/2017 at 9:50 PM, El Vino said:

I shop in Bayway regularly.  Whiskey manager there is a really good guy and very well known in the industry.  He usually gets great private selections.  When I tasted that particular FR PS it didn't blow me away.  I have an itch to open that WT KS though, just need to clear some room on the bar.

The Woodford Double Oak Single Barrel they have right now is something, on first pour I had a hard time wrapping my head around it, really great especially considering the proof.

Edited by kevinbrink
and I'm not a Woodford guy

Not much to brag about really, but pickings were kind of slim in Broken Bow, OK today.

IMG_6044.jpg

Picked up a Barterhouse for $70. Bottle #28474. They sure found a lot of those "lost" barrels!  The store had Blanton's for $57 also.

20170703_161610-756x1008.jpg

Edited by Clueby

11 minutes ago, DeepCover said:

@Clueby

That's a nice price on the Barterhouse (cheaper than I see Forged Oak).

My last BH was $75 and last FO was $65. I don't think I'd pay more than that for BH.  I like it..but not THAT much. I don't think I'd purchase FO again. Not my thing.

1 hour ago, Clueby said:

Picked up a Barterhouse for $70. Bottle #28474. They sure found a lot of those "lost" barrels!  The store had Blanton's for $57 also.

The Va ABC has 242 bottles that will go in a lottery on the 12th for $76.

Edited by DCFan

Nothing.  I purchased nothing. I have a shit ton in my basement. That is my bragfest. :)

49 minutes ago, Clueby said:

My last BH was $75 and last FO was $65. I don't think I'd pay more than that for BH.  I like it..but not THAT much. I don't think I'd purchase FO again. Not my thing.

Those are some cheap orphans (as orphans go). I haven't seen Barterhouse less than $85.

Yeah I think I paid about $85 and $89 for each bottle of Barterhouse I've purchased, and I would gladly buy more at that price if I could find them here. There were about 10 bottles at Binny's in chicago a few weekends back and I should have grabbed more.

On 6/28/2017 at 4:27 PM, Clueby said:

I haven't seen B517 yet either. I picked up another KC120 store pick today. I got a bottle from this barrel a few weeks ago and really enjoyed it. I also found a WSR hidden away in my trunk that I guess I forgot about. Does that count? 

As Joe just posted, it counts, but I can tell you from experience, forgetfulness is . . .

Gee, I forgot what it is.  It's why I check my trunk at least once a month (and there's no smiley face with that - I do because more than once . . .).

Great price; I'm envious.  We don't get those bargains back here.

5 hours ago, Clueby said:

I've been as critical of Diageo and the Orphans as pretty much anyone, but wow......a 20 year old bourbon in today's market for $70.......that's amazing.

10 minutes ago, flahute said:

I've been as critical of Diageo and the Orphans as pretty much anyone, but wow......a 20 year old bourbon in today's market for $70.......that's amazing.

Yeah I get the Diageo criticisms but good bourbon is good bourbon. I've always seen Barterhouse right at $75 around here so I didn't think $70 was that big of a bargain. I guess I feel the same way when I see pics of W12 for $30.

20170703_214555-756x1008.jpg

On my most recent trip to a LS, I left with ECNAS Private Barrel Selection, HMcK BiB, and a 1L of WTR101. Hey, I'm just a well prepared patriot waiting for a quiet afternoon by the grill tomorrow.

21 minutes ago, Postal Grunt said:

On my most recent trip to a LS, I left with ECNAS Private Barrel Selection, HMcK BiB, and a 1L of WTR101. Hey, I'm just a well prepared patriot waiting for a quiet afternoon by the grill tomorrow.

Good work. May your July 4th grilling be tasty and fruitful.

Picked up a WT Masters Keep yesterday traveling back home.

After a couple days and many stores, it was the only thing that interested me.

For me it's a odd time, more whiskey than ever, but less and less that I actually want to by.

One step closer to bourbon zen I guess....

B

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On 7/1/2017 at 9:40 PM, mbroo5880i said:

If you like it, you better grab a backup.  I learned that long ago with stellar SAOS bottles.  I heeded that approach a few times and happy I did.  I didn't heed it others and now wonder what I was thinking.  Well, I know what I was thinking.  I was either looking to pick up the latest hot thing or was allocating my bourbon money for future purchases.  I still wish I would have pick up an extra those times I didn't.  Besides, it appears Sarah bottled this especially for you!

I was getting my WV fix the last couple of days and a cabin neighbor told me about a liquor store nearby (in Morgan County) that had  surprising array of top shelf and interesting finds, so I swung by on the way out and sure 'nough it was open on July 4!  So I liberated a couple of bottles - one a Redbreast 12 year old and this one, very excited to crack it open.   It's so great to be free of the tyranny of the Va ABC and Montgomery Liquor Control on this great day!     

chrome.exe

20170704_163022.jpg

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.