What bourbon did you purchase today? Summer 2017 bragfest!

DonutsNBourbon
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

15 minutes ago, FredBear said:

This is a week old.

I ran into a cluster of W12 while leaving out of Oklahoma City. I bought the EH Barrel Proof at the same. I drove a few blocks down the road to see if the other stores got a W12 shipment in as well.....and sure enough they did.  The 2nd store also had a bottle of EH-4 Grain for $89 that I had to pass on since I just bought the BP. Oh well, was a very good haul. I FINALLY ran into W12 in the wild!!!

great pickups

A little pre-work hunting yesterday in Fla.  Chatted up a store employee and talked them out of their last Weller 12.  He said "crazy bourbon people" had been bugging them 100 times a day for W12. So, they keep it in the back and act like you just asked them for the 5th time to date their wife when you ask about it.    Bourbon craze in full effect!

46d87c3d9a5eab85508f12d5df978f3e.jpg

When it rains...

Man. Nice. Really want to get some of that HH.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I found someone in a Facebook group willing to do C+S for it. Unfortunately even that doubles the price of it as it sold for $9.29 at one place and 10.99 at another if you can believe that.

I think it's awesome that someone gets several bottles of Blanton's Gold and EC18 and all anyone talks about is the bottom shelf HH6.

I think it's awesome that someone gets several bottles of Blanton's Gold and EC18 and all anyone talks about is the bottom shelf HH6.

I've tried the BG and EC18 before and loved them (of course) but since the boxes showed up I am most excited to crack open an HH. Just something about the old-school BiB-ness of it.

Too funny. As soon as I hit send, I realized how silly it sounded.

22 hours ago, GaryT said:

Picked up a store pick of KCSB that was 12 yrs old while in Michigan.  Got to try a sample in the store, and with a stuffy head couldn't really pick out very much - but believe in rewarding that type of offer :)  Plus the gents who were also trying without stuffy heads seemed pretty impressed.

I made the trek into Detroit(almost) and grabbed a couple of those myself, along with their ER and BT picks. Here's hoping Rich' s glowing reviews hold true! :D

Too funny. As soon as I hit send, I realized how silly it sounded.

I don't think it's silly I feel exactly the same way.

I don't think it's silly I feel exactly the same way.

Yup. Everyone wants what they can't get.

I rarely brag but bottled in bond was nice enough to pick me up a W12. I've never seen one on the shelf and would never buy secondary.  The nice thing about this "hobby" is the willingness of others to look out for fellow enthusiasts.  

Not bourbon but if your into beer and happen to be in Rochester MN for a checkup at the Mayo Clinic,  do yourself a favor and stop at Forager.  They are brewing world class beers.

IMG_20170701_095923.jpg

Purchased a bottle of Eagle Rare the days I want something simple and easy to drink compared to the heavy hitters I currently have open.

6 hours ago, JT3NSB said:

A little pre-work hunting yesterday in Fla.  Chatted up a store employee and talked them out of their last Weller 12.  He said "crazy bourbon people" had been bugging them 100 times a day for W12. So, they keep it in the back and act like you just asked them for the 5th time to date their wife when you ask about it.    Bourbon craze in full effect!

I was in Florida last week and probably stopped at 30 liquor stores and every single one of them swore that there was no Weller 12 distribution in the state yet. The ABC guys even checked their computer distribution list. Was this in the new bottle or the old bottle? 

17 hours ago, Clueby said:

W12 hasn't made it to MO that I'm aware of. If/when it does I'm pretty sure it won't be in that quantity.  There are more bottles in that picture than I've ever seen TOTAL in the wild.

Was talking to my favorite LS proprietor yesterday here in JC, MO and he said he got word from the distributor that he may be getting W12 this coming week. Distribution for our area shops is out of St Louis. Don't know what that means for it hitting shops in other areas of the state but thought I'd pass it along.

Found a local stash of SAOS SBCS barrell #3822 which is some world class stuff! So picked up a bottle and now I'm kinda thinking I should probably go back by and grab a backup!

WP_20170701_002.jpg

23 hours ago, Swamp55 said:

Picked up these today, which are both new for me, to usher in the holiday weekend.  Cheers to all!

OF 1920 and MMCS - 2.jpg

I am really enjoying the OF1920 I picked up a couple of weeks ago.

10 hours ago, TheBrownHound said:

Barring a road trip this might be the closest thing we get to Heaven Hill.  Never had either one but I'd be that this was the better of the 2.

https://www.abc.virginia.gov/products/bourbon/henry-mckenna-single-barrel-bourbon#/product?productSize=0

6 hours ago, Clueby said:

I was in Florida last week and probably stopped at 30 liquor stores and every single one of them swore that there was no Weller 12 distribution in the state yet. The ABC guys even checked their computer distribution list. Was this in the new bottle or the old bottle? 

I learned today that ABC stores got the exclusive distribution for Weller 12 in Florida for this release.  Store manager claimed each store gets two bottles every two weeks.  Not sure, but i hit many stores the last few days in daytona and orlando and only talked one manager out of one bottle.  he was grumpy about it too.   seemed they all got hit hard with the same question.... "got any Weller 12 hiding"?  

Barring a road trip this might be the closest thing we get to Heaven Hill.  Never had either one but I'd be that this was the better of the 2.

https://www.abc.virginia.gov/products/bourbon/henry-mckenna-single-barrel-bourbon#/product?productSize=0

Hadn't seen that one yet. I'll try and grab one. Thx.

Hit many stores in the Daytona and Orlando area the last two days.  Pretty stoked with the haul... 

IMG_8825.JPG

IMG_8826.JPG

Edited by JT3NSB

10 minutes ago, JT3NSB said:

Hit many stores in the Daytona and Orlando area the last two days.  Pretty stoked with the haul... 

IMG_8825.JPG

IMG_8826.JPG

I saw all the rest of those in FLA. Mostly in the SWFLA part towards Port Charlotte. Never any W12 though and asked at all the ABCs I passed by..probably 8 to 10 stores. They all had the same line..."nope..we haven't gotten any in a couple years".  Oh well. Still hoping I find some when it hits Missouri. I was surprised at the amount of ETL I saw in FLA.

I saw all the rest of those in FLA. Mostly in the SWFLA part towards Port Charlotte. Never any W12 though and asked at all the ABCs I passed by..probably 8 to 10 stores. They all had the same line..."nope..we haven't gotten any in a couple years".  Oh well. Still hoping I find some when it hits Missouri. I was surprised at the amount of ETL I saw in FLA.

Going to ft lauderdale in 3 weeks. Hoping to find ETL while down there.

4 minutes ago, TheBrownHound said:

Going to ft lauderdale in 3 weeks. Hoping to find ETL while down there.

make sure to ask for it.  it may be in the back

8 hours ago, Radioyada said:

Purchased a bottle of Eagle Rare the days I want something simple and easy to drink compared to the heavy hitters I currently have open.

Eagle Rare is always a favorite. I have had some bottles that were amazing and some that were just very good but I have never had a bottle I didn't enjoy!  

4 hours ago, MOwhisky4me said:

Was talking to my favorite LS proprietor yesterday here in JC, MO and he said he got word from the distributor that he may be getting W12 this coming week. Distribution for our area shops is out of St Louis. Don't know what that means for it hitting shops in other areas of the state but thought I'd pass it along.

Found a local stash of SAOS SBCS barrell #3822 which is some world class stuff! So picked up a bottle and now I'm kinda thinking I should probably go back by and grab a backup!

WP_20170701_002.jpg

If you like it, you better grab a backup.  I learned that long ago with stellar SAOS bottles.  I heeded that approach a few times and happy I did.  I didn't heed it others and now wonder what I was thinking.  Well, I know what I was thinking.  I was either looking to pick up the latest hot thing or was allocating my bourbon money for future purchases.  I still wish I would have pick up an extra those times I didn't.  Besides, it appears Sarah bottled this especially for you!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.