What Bottle Did You Open Today? (Summer 2017)

OldFitzWithTheGoldLabel
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I just opened these two to include in the 25 bourbons my wife can pick from for a blind tasting for a buddy and me today.
18209b0a9260318ea5d21dc156524210.jpg

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

5 hours ago, OldFitzWithTheGoldLabel said:

I just opened these two to include in the 25 bourbons my wife can pick from for a blind tasting for a buddy and me today.
18209b0a9260318ea5d21dc156524210.jpg

OGD 114 should be pretty easy to pick out of a lineup.

Good stuff!

OGD 114 should be pretty easy to pick out of a lineup.
Good stuff!

Yeah, but I just puked after the blind tasting. Maybe it was the pizza and Spumoni afterwards.

2 hours ago, OldFitzWithTheGoldLabel said:

Yeah, but I just puked after the blind tasting. Maybe it was the pizza and Spumoni afterwards.

yeah, that doesn't sound like a good combo with bourbon...

we've all been there.  :)

Here were my results, left to right, with Maker's 46 being the best.
48bcfab68febdcc80e8e37a6bdb66730.jpg

On ‎7‎/‎22‎/‎2017 at 11:16 AM, smokinjoe said:

GBS Meeting tonight.  Which bottle should I open?  :D

IMG_3704.JPG

So I see you went with a light lineup on Saturday. Probably because I couldn't be there... B)

Just opened another ETL this past weekend for a wedding. Wanted to contribute something good for family night. Also brought an open W12 family size. The Weller was such a hit we never got around to ETL. Brother-In-Law gifted back the ETL as we headed out of town. He didn't know what he was missing. :)  Thanks Mac.

Ok y'all just made me open this, what with all your talk about it recently!  :) 

Had to dig for this one deep in the bunker, but it was worth it. This is an older bottle so the cork broke when I opened it, but no worries as I have plenty of spare corks and found a fit.

This stuff is great, so underrated.

WIN_20170729_001749.JPG

Edited by Kepler

3 hours ago, Kepler said:

This is an older bottle so the cork broke when I opened it, but no worries as I have plenty of spare corks and found a fit.

That's a great idea, keep some spares on hand.

Opened up a 24y tonight. If you could make cotton candy taste like bourbon, this would be it...

IMG_1966.thumb.JPG.021039ef9aceeb8707333399acc32a92.JPG

Just opened my Rebel Yell 10, and had my first sip.  I may have to slip a backup bottle into the stash.

2 hours ago, Radioyada said:

Just opened my Rebel Yell 10, and had my first sip.  I may have to slip a backup bottle into the stash.

I am nearing the end of my first bottle from 2016, and it is really nice.  I think it improved throughout the bottle, and really improves with 10-15 minutes of air time in the glass.

2 hours ago, LCWoody said:

Opened up a 24y tonight. If you could make cotton candy taste like bourbon, this would be it...

I missed out on this release!  Glad you got one, and it sounds like you're enjoying it.  Cheers!

Seriously great bottle. A hefty priced bar pour convinced me to shell out the coin for a bottle.

It does not disappoint.

B

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Screw cap KCSB

Back in '12 or '13 I found a honey barrel, private selection KCSB in the area that hit all the right notes for me.  Thankfully, I had the foresight to save a few of them.  The Beam mood struck tonight, so I dug one out, and had a nice one finger pour, 'neat'.

It was just as I remembered...candy in a bottle.  A chewy, long finish with a nice bit of heat and American chestnut on the finish.   

Not technically a bourbon, but cracked opened Barrell Whiskey batch 004. This is the Rum/Rye cask finished whiskey. It's quite nice, warming but not hot, even at 120 proof, and has a nice subtle sweetness and complexity, and a good long finish. I may pick up another one of these if I can find it, since it's a nice sipper at $60. I've certainly spent $60 on far worse.

Wise words! 

Cheers!

Will.

IMG_8764.JPG

Edited by Masset1982

6 hours ago, Masset1982 said:

Wise words! 

Cheers!

Will.

LMAO! Nice Will. If only.......................^_^

Cheers! Joe

Picked up a bottle of Baker's earlier today. Opened it tonight for a couple of enjoyable pours. 

7 hours ago, fishnbowljoe said:

LMAO! Nice Will. If only.......................^_^

Cheers! Joe

That's a nice quote for a nice bottle.

Cheers! 

Will

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.