What Bottle Did You Open Today? (Summer 2017)

OldFitzWithTheGoldLabel
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

1 hour ago, 0895 said:

That looks like a fun little tasting.

I completely agree with you on the green and the BiB.

Never tried the gold.

You aren't missing much.

Very cool,

cf604d71b20570c6b25ffcefc9cf2d98.jpg

I guess I'm surprised the BIB was thinner, maybe the green label has more age? Will certainly pick up any BIB or green label I see.

Cheers!

Finally decided to open the Blanton's that has been staring at me everytime I reach into the cabinet.   Still one of the few bottles that makes me smile every time I reach for it. 

IMG_3842.JPG

Elliot's Select. Seems like a special occasion type of thing to open. The occasion? Great sunday with the wife and kid, zoo, playroom decorating, grocery shopping. I hope everyone opens up that "special bottle" soon or has concrete dates set on when you are going to open it. Don't hold onto it for an occasion that isn't good enough. Opening this bottle is the best tastiest decision I made today. Bourbon is made to be drank/enjoyed. (rant over)

3 hours ago, bourbon4all said:

Elliot's Select. Seems like a special occasion type of thing to open. The occasion? Great sunday with the wife and kid, zoo, playroom decorating, grocery shopping. I hope everyone opens up that "special bottle" soon or has concrete dates set on when you are going to open it. Don't hold onto it for an occasion that isn't good enough. Opening this bottle is the best tastiest decision I made today. Bourbon is made to be drank/enjoyed. (rant over)

Superb advice!  Cheers!

Opened the Willett 80th anniversary bib. WOW... TONS of Anise... like TONS... really sweet... It is different, that is for sure... I think I'll have this bottle around for a while... I'll give it a couple days and give it another try, but tasted a couple others last night and nothing else tasted "off" so I think this one's just really a bottle of black licorice.

Also opened a WTRB 112.8. Now that one was pretty tasty!

Edited by JTaylor

9 hours ago, bourbon4all said:

Well how did it taste?  I've got a bottle waiting for my special occasion.

1 hour ago, kemosabe said:

Well how did it taste?  I've got a bottle waiting for my special occasion.

Well it tasted special:D. Top five that I've ever had

Just cracked open a McKenna.  I haven't drank this stuff for @ a year.  It's even better than I remember.  Very flavorful with a nice long thick finish.

Just opened a Willett Pot Still Reserve. I decided to crack this bottle because it has been several years since I've tasted the Pot Still Reserve, but also, it has a big base that takes up a lot of precious space on my storage shelves. First impression is that it is...ok. Not really any off-notes but nothing really stands out either.

13 hours ago, NDN98 said:

Been a month or so without having any Weller product open, so rectified the situation.

IMG_6598.JPG

I still havent been able to find one of these in our area.  Always on the look out though.

On 9/20/2017 at 1:23 PM, chappy6107 said:

I still havent been able to find one of these in our area.  Always on the look out though.

If you need a bottle hit me up I will send you a bottle of WSR....that's all I can get if you can't. 

Edited by GTD

13 minutes ago, GTD said:

If you need a bottle hit me up I will send you a bottle of WSR....that's all I can get if you can't. 

Thank you very much for the offer!  I do have the WSR, I was referring to the W12 is what I can not find.  This one always seems to never show up on orders at my LS

Opened this barrel up. I'm really liking these RRSiB. Really good but not sure if I like it more than my last bottle.

d08fcaf063197dcc5edce8990af2dbcc.jpg

I opened a ps ER tonight when I got home from work. 

Cheers! Joe

Nice, this is next on my list to open. Need to kill at least one bottle first. Didn't care all that much for my last ER PS hoping this next one is better. Seem to be having more luck recently with BT ps.

7 minutes ago, HoustonNit said:

Nice, this is next on my list to open. Need to kill at least one bottle first. Didn't care all that much for my last ER PS hoping this next one is better. Seem to be having more luck recently with BT ps.

I've been very fortunate to have enjoyed a number of ps ER's over the last eight or ten years. Most were pretty darned good. As far as the two opposite ends of the spectrum goes, one sucked, and two were excellent. This one ranks right up there with the two that were excellent.

Cheers! Joe

I've been very fortunate to have enjoyed a number of ps ER's over the last eight or ten years. Most were pretty darned good. As far as the two opposite ends of the spectrum goes, one sucked, and two were excellent. This one ranks right up there with the two that were excellent.

Cheers! Joe

Awesome save me a pour!

Not today but recently and all the previous posts about ER PS made me remember it.

I just finished a bottle of ER PS from B&B that was fantastic. I couldn't stay away from it after the first night.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On 7/22/2017 at 12:44 PM, smokinjoe said:

There's only really one answer, isn't there?  :D

IMG_3706.JPG

I know I am late to the party but....WOW. I salute you good sir.

I now know why people go nuts over the Fitz BiB. Totally different animal than the Weller but very nice and if I had access it would be on my shelf at all times. I think prefer the Weller but still really nice.

Am the only that think the wheaters have more in common with other whiskeys from the same distillery vs. other wheaters? For instance find more similarities between Eagle Rare and Weller than I do this Old Fitz and Weller.

a0f854fa7539695158d35af514390692.jpg

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.