What Bottle Did You Open Today? (Summer 2017)

OldFitzWithTheGoldLabel
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

2 minutes ago, HoustonNit said:

I don't think I could pick these two out blind. Maybe the last barrel of RY but not this one.

68319e17b043d9529aac48d97720540c.jpg

I'm pretty confident I could identify them blind.  They are VERY different to me. Weller is like a red hot followed by a caramel and the OF is like spearmint bubble gum to me.

• I like it 1

I'm pretty confident I could identify them blind.  They are VERY different to me. Weller is like a red hot followed by a caramel and the OF is like spearmint bubble gum to me.

Too quick with the reply! Put the wrong pic, it's my current bottle of RY10 not Weller. I've corrected the pics.

1 minute ago, HoustonNit said:

Too quick with the reply! Put the wrong pic, it's my current bottle of RY10 not Weller. I've corrected the pics.

I'm pretty sure I could pick those out too. The one bottle of RY10 I had I HATED. There was no sweetness, just alcohol and a bitter finish (and I'm usually a fan of high oak). I did try another Sb'rs bottle of RY10 recently and while marginally better than the one I had it firmly convinceed me to never buy another bottle. On the other hand, I've never had an OWA I didn't like and some PS bottles of it have been among the best bourbon I've ever had.

I guess a red hot is a good way to describe Weller particularly the Antique. I'd say like a cinnamon cherry coke?

Not sure if I get spearmint on the Old Fitz. Definitely similar to other Heaven Hill products.

11 minutes ago, Kepler said:

Opened an older ER10 Single Barrel yesterday to enjoy a college football Saturday with buddies.

WIN_20170924_184650.JPG

One of the best value bourbons out there.  I really like it.

2 hours ago, HoustonNit said:

Cool little pick ups beard.

Thanks HN. I know its one of your go to's. 

Edited by Government Beard

Thanks HN. I know its one of your go to's. 

It reminds me that it needs to be one of my regular go to pours. Great stuff.

I opened up what may be my last bottle of HHSS (SB.com Pick... Don't ask which one, cuz I don't recall which it is). 

MAAAAAAAAN!   THIS IS SOME Of THE BEST BOURBON I've ever tasted.   :wub:   Not always a fan of 'finished' Bourbons; but, this stuff is DONE RIGHT!  :P

I need to explore deeply into my closet(s) and see if there are any more; but, I truly am afraid there ain't. 

Ahhh well, I'll stretch this one out for a good while with small, but well-savored pours.    Jeeeeeeez!   What a finish this stuff has!

Edited by Richnimrod
  • I like it 1

Opened this one tonight.  Unique taste, but not in a bad way.  
IMG_6638.thumb.JPG.332db57a8e7370d4b34575bc769723ce.JPG

Picked up one of those this summer and still haven't opened it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Catching up with an old friend. I generally prefer BTs mash bill 2 stuff but bonded colonel is strong. Especially when it is procured for less than $40. 

IMG_3226.JPG

On 25/09/2017 at 1:45 AM, Government Beard said:

Baby Turkey. Delicious. Huzzah.

DSC_3258.thumb.jpg.ba90cb5039509ef6dedff29f6f4a61ef.jpg

Well, that’s a cute one. Enjoy ! 

• I like it 1

Cracked open a couple of bottles recently, a CEHT SmB and a 1792 SB.  Both of them are delicious.

I just opened this 8yr Beverage Warehouse BT single barrel I picked up last week.   Holy Cow, this is a good one.

IMG_1626.JPG

IMG_4958.JPG

Opened up an HH6BiB this afternoon. Finally finished off enough bottles to make room on the bar.  Never had it before due to its limited distribution, but I see the appeal, esp considering the price point!

On 9/30/2017 at 12:20 AM, JSpartan said:

Opened this guy tonight. I've had it a few months, but finally made room on the bar.

IMG_0071.JPG

I know that drill!  And that's next up on my list to open as well.

I just opened a 1.75L of Old Fitz BIB that came from a store with some older inventory.  I decanted most of it into 4 375ml ER bottles I saved specifically for that purpose.  I've been tasting the remainder.  This stuff is really in my wheelhouse.  Some batches of OF BIB have been quite good in my opinion.    

Finished an 86p,

Opened a 100p.

Mixed a bit of the two together just for fun.

Both are good,  I probably prefer the 86p.

The heat in the 100 mutes the flavors a bit.

IMAG2411_1.jpg

Ace Sprits in Minneapolis selected a single barrel of Knob Creek 25th Anniversary, and I had to get a bottle.  Really great depth of flavor with this bottling, caramel, vanilla, and orange peel.  It does well with a splash of water.
IMG_1093.thumb.JPG.e6d935c67e355d3100e40bc511ba32e6.JPG

What was the price?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.