What Bourbon(s) Did You Purchase Today? Fall 2017 Edition.

OldFitzWithTheGoldLabel
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Kinda had to overpay for these but damn if I can find any E recipe barrels around here. 

IMG_3245.JPG

5 minutes ago, Mako254 said:

Kinda had to overpay for these but damn if I can find any E recipe barrels around here. 

IMG_3245.JPG

mmmm.... OESV

usually has a nice custard creamy thing going on.

OESO should be an interesting pour as well.  Should have a nice fresh berry flavor.

OESK and OESQ elude me. 

OBSV will be available from beast masters and I need another OBSK because mine is about out. 

I'm getting there. 

On the road today.  Plucked a baby Saz and a couple of A. Bowman SmB's from a NC ABC store.  Hit up MC's in Knoxville for a couple of his PS bottles (KCSB and WTRR110).  Another stop yielded a ECBP, a PS BT, and a couple of OWA's. 

Combined with last weeks Weller haul out of Georgia, I may be good for another week (or two)!  :lol:

• I like it 1

Back from my trip to kentucky. The four roses singles left something to be desired (out at both locations) but pretty good otherwise. I didnt plan on buying at wild turkey but Jimmy was there so i got one to sign. Mostly store selections. The four on the right are for a fellow bourbon nerd and two or three others are for friends. Couldn't find bib fitzgerald. 

150700546521511008655.jpg

17 hours ago, bourbon4all said:

Back from my trip to kentucky. The four roses singles left something to be desired (out at both locations) but pretty good otherwise. I didnt plan on buying at wild turkey but Jimmy was there so i got one to sign. Mostly store selections. The four on the right are for a fellow bourbon nerd and two or three others are for friends. Couldn't find bib fitzgerald. 

Nice haul!

Are any of those OKI the single barrels from the gift shop?

What is that bottle on the far left next to the Russel's Reserve?

18 hours ago, bourbon4all said:

Holy Moly!  That's a lot of booze.  I'd like to try that Heaven Hill.

18 hours ago, bourbon4all said:

What are the bottles to the left of High West?

2 minutes ago, DCFan said:

What are the bottles to the left of High West?

Those are O.K.I, looks like the 10 year bourbon which is barrel proof and sourced from MGP.

2 minutes ago, EarthQuake said:

Those are O.K.I, looks like the 10 year bourbon which is barrel proof and sourced from MGP.

MGP!?! I'm making a cross with my 2 index fingers. :D

The OKI are mgp sourced they are done in three barrel batches. It's my replacement for when I drink all my smooth ambler. The bottle on the far left is still 630 rye finished in wine barrels. 

34 minutes ago, EarthQuake said:

Is it barrel proof? Mine are 97 proof I believe, which I have lower smooth ambler barrel proofs than that but I wasn't sure. I know it's not filtered... Website states and has Lot's of nice yummy bits floating around

1 hour ago, silverc said:

Nice haul!

Are any of those OKI the single barrels from the gift shop?

What is that bottle on the far left next to the Russel's Reserve?

Where is their gift shop located? Is it in Kentucky?

On a recent trip to Florida, picked up a few:

2x Michters Rye barrel strength

2x Michter's Rye barrel strength, toasted finish

2x 1792 Full Strength, both store picks from different stores

On the way back home through Louisiana:

2x Stagg Jr., batch 4

2x Stagg Jr., batch 6

2x RY10Yr

1x OGD114

It was a great 10 day business trip and the whisky was a great perk!

1 hour ago, Niner Outlaw said:

On a recent trip to Florida, picked up a few:

2x Michters Rye barrel strength

2x Michter's Rye barrel strength, toasted finish

2x 1792 Full Strength, both store picks from different stores

On the way back home through Louisiana:

2x Stagg Jr., batch 4

2x Stagg Jr., batch 6

2x RY10Yr

1x OGD114

It was a great 10 day business trip and the whisky was a great perk!

That's quite the haul.  I'm jealous.

Picked another W12. Same place I've picked up three bottles in the past two months. Every time I go in they have one bottle on the shelf, I always ask if they have more and they say no. I think they might have finally dried out.

b1bfb6c09aeb6b78079ab869b76ab09d.jpg

• I like it 2

29 minutes ago, HoustonNit said:

Picked another W12. Same place I've picked up three bottles in the past two months. Every time I go in they have one bottle on the shelf, I always ask if they have more and they say no. I think they might have finally dried out.

I missed out on it this weekend when it hit DFW, but luckily I still have a few bottles left from when it hit our area in June.  I have gone through 3 bottles in the last 2 months.  One of the best bangs for your buck out there, in my opinion.

Edited by NDN98

150700546521511008655.thumb.jpg.386e069ae693519185790ae8e3471efa.jpg

Wow deal me in at this table!

33 minutes ago, CardsandBourbon said:

That's quite the haul.  I'm jealous.

I'm jealous of all this Weller 12 everyone is finding!. My local places up here in east Texas haven't gotten any. 

9 minutes ago, Niner Outlaw said:

I'm jealous of all this Weller 12 everyone is finding!. My local places up here in east Texas haven't gotten any. 

Same I have seen plenty of OWA over the years in NJ but never once a Weller 12, I just assume we don't get it.

I missed out on it this weekend when it hit DFW, but luckily I still have a few bottles left from when it hit our area in June.  I have gone through 3 bottles in the last 2 months.  One of the best bangs for your buck out there, in my opinion.

Always stinks when you're out of town when it hits. This place has raised pricing from $30 to $38 but still a good deal for 12 yr wheater in this market.

I just received the two bottles of KCSB (Ace Spirits selection) I ordered about a week ago. I’m saving one bottle for a friend, but may have to open the other!

1 hour ago, HoustonNit said:

A store near me does this also.  One bottle out at MSRP and that's it.  No more for you.  The bottle may not be replaced for a day or two to frustrate the persistent flipper/hoarder.  I like this strategy.  Seems fair 

On October 1, 2017 at 1:50 AM, fishnbowljoe said:

Thanks a lot guys. :huh: If there's anything I hate more than a smart ass, it's two of 'em. ;) Here's my total haul for the month. :)  Any better? ^_^

FWIW, I've been waiting for a while now for one store that I know to receive their ps Weller SR. I heard through the grapevine it ain't coming in till November, so I decided to bite the bullet today. :rolleyes:

Also, and FWIW, the ER, BT, KCSB and one OWA are private selections. 

Cheers! Joe

Sept.jpeg

I kinda have to fess up here folks. :mellow: Even though I'm the self proclaimed "Weller whore" of SB, I have to admit that all of these bottles weren't destined for me and my bunker. A phone call was made, and an email was sent. One of the RHF's already has a new home, and a couple of the Weller's will also be in new surroundings soon. I'm a firm believer in share and share alike, especially when it comes to good friends/fellow members and family/fellow members. Others have been good to me, and I try to respond in kind. I wasn't really trying to mislead y'all. I just got caught up in all the hoopla. 

That being said, I'm still glad I bought what I did. I emptied bottles of OWA, Weller SR and Weller 12 today when I did my latest "Weller Blend".  Empty a few, buy a few more. What can I say? :lol: And that's the way it is. :P

Cheers! Joe

• I like it 1

A store near me does this also.  One bottle out at MSRP and that's it.  No more for you.  The bottle may not be replaced for a day or two to frustrate the persistent flipper/hoarder.  I like this strategy.  Seems fair 

I actually like this way of doing business gives more a chance of getting a bottle.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.