What Bourbon(s) Did You Purchase Today? Fall 2017 Edition.

OldFitzWithTheGoldLabel
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Picked up another Michter's 10 SB for a fair price. I couldn't say no either. [emoji6]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

2 minutes ago, lcpfratn said:

Picked up another Michter's 10 SB for a fair price. I couldn't say no either. emoji6.png

If it's not too terribly rude of me to ask, what is a fair price?

I've been wanting to try this. How is it?

Cheers!

I have passed on this at $120 and most recently $100.  No idea if those are fair prices or not, but I would rather spend the c-note elsewhere.  

• I like it 1

Not puchased, but thanks to BourbonFanatic these two beauties landed at my doorstep today! One of them will be seen in the what bourbon are you enjoying thread later tonight.

9E3DF47F-3563-484A-B6E7-74E63CEDFC3C.jpeg

• I like it 4

1 hour ago, Clueby said:

From Oklahoma...R&H.

Don't you mean "cain't"?

Darn autocorrect!   :blink:

• I like it 1

6 minutes ago, Bob_Loblaw said:

Not puchased, but thanks to BourbonFanatic these two beauties landed at my doorstep today! One of them will be seen in the what bourbon are you enjoying thread later tonight.

9E3DF47F-3563-484A-B6E7-74E63CEDFC3C.jpeg

Glad they found you alright. I'm loving my OWA and Blanton's!

Cheers!

• I like it 2

If it's not too terribly rude of me to ask, what is a fair price?

I've been wanting to try this. How is it?

Cheers!

Suggested Retail on it is $120, but most of the LE stuff in TN is usually always a bit higher because the majority of stores get hit with partial case and single bottle surcharges by the distributors even though they couldn't buy a whole case if they wanted to. I found my first bottle for $127, but bought a bunch of other stuff at the same time, so I got a 10% discount off of that. The bottle today was in the $130 range. I've turned it down at $149, $169 and $229, but I probably would have considered a bottle at $149 if I didn't already have a bottle when I was offered it at $149. I haven't opened one yet...too much buying this time of year, and can't get to them as fast as I buy them. I'm not one to get in a rush to open a new bottle, although the pressure to do so around here is intense sometimes. [emoji6] Cheers!

• I like it 1

On 11/4/2017 at 8:06 PM, smokinjoe said:

That is one heck of a day, sir!

It was indeed.  We have found ourselves going a little more frequently to Bardstown to enjoy the dining on 3rd street and of course the other attractions.  On this occasion my wife attended a service at the Sisters of Nazareth Community just outside of Bardstown.  I spent the free time doing what I outlined previously.  Then we met up and enjoyed the rest of the day.  The Nazareth Community is a beautiful place to visit if you have not been there.  We were impressed and hope to visit again.

Finally got my hands around a W12 today. Maybe a little luck will come my way in the next few days and I can pocket another jug. 

• I like it 2

As I have posted before I am a Registered nurse and work on a cardiac ICU. Part of my job is orienting new nurses to our unit. Recently I worked with an outstanding new RN and she really took to the job. She mentioned that she likes rum drinks so upon completion of orientation I have her Fred Minnicks 'Rum Curious'. She in turn gifted me the below bottle after reading several bourbon blogs. 

I cant wait to try it. 

IMG_3598.JPG

• I like it 3

1 minute ago, Mako254 said:

As I have posted before I am a Registered nurse and work on a cardiac ICU. Part of my job is orienting new nurses to our unit. Recently I worked with an outstanding new RN and she really took to the job. She mentioned that she likes rum drinks so upon completion of orientation I have her Fred Minnicks 'Rum Curious'. She in turn gifted me the below bottle after reading several bourbon blogs. 

I cant wait to try it. 

IMG_3598.JPG

Now that is how you make friends at work!

This will adorn my shelf for a week or 2. I'll stick it in its rightful place next to the Gifted Horse for now.

image.jpeg

This will adorn my shelf for a week or 2. I'll stick it in its rightful place next to the Gifted Horse for now.

image.thumb.jpeg.d68d44f0a79ada5b761aefa119d65e1a.jpeg

Never heard of this Orphaned Barrel.

2 minutes ago, HoustonNit said:

Never heard of this Orphaned Barrel.

It was very recently orphaned, with little fanfare. But I don't fux with Canadian Whisky or rye, so it will be resold to a buddy of mine. 

On 11/5/2017 at 8:33 PM, Radioyada said:

I received a call from my local bottle adoption agency about these two needing a place to stay. So I brought them home with me. 

46FE524D-D440-48CB-81EF-86AC2974C401.jpeg

I hear they are trouble makers.  Be very careful!  In the end, I believe both will be exemplary old men under your tutelage. 

10 minutes ago, DeepCover said:

It was very recently orphaned, with little fanfare. But I don't fux with Canadian Whisky or rye, so it will be resold to a buddy of mine. 

I dunno.  If it came out of the Alberta Distillery and is 25 years old, it might be a good one to sample.  Of course, your buddy might be willing to share.  :)

1 hour ago, Mako254 said:

I cant wait to try it. 

IMG_3598.JPG

WT(F)(H)(?) Add your own end letter/word.  Nice gift!

• I like it 1

27 minutes ago, mbroo5880i said:

I dunno.  If it came out of the Alberta Distillery and is 25 years old, it might be a good one to sample.  Of course, your buddy might be willing to share.  :)

If it gets cracked open, I'll get a taste. I'm not sure it gets cracked open anytime soon.

I just scored a bottle of Four Roses Limited Edition, 2017. This has been a very happy hunting season for me. 

• I like it 1

Stopped by one of my local stores today at lunch.  Joked with the manager that there was supposed to be a bottle of GTS sitting on the counter.  He said he didn't get any but he had something that I would probably like.  Said he got a couple of extra bottles of EC 18.  I had already got one but couldn't pass up the opportunity to pick up another one.

• I like it 3

Finally got a rare WLW this year which is the first one I have seen (at retail-ish) in several years. Managed to get 4 of 5 BTAC this year which is also unusual. ER17 is the outlier but I haven't seen that in a while either. 

• I like it 2

4 hours ago, graftonbc1 said:

I just scored a bottle of Four Roses Limited Edition, 2017. This has been a very happy hunting season for me. 

On Rte. 9 just west of I-495???  :ph34r:

• I like it 1

Picked up my first EC18 and a couple of W12 750ml. Bourbon hunting season has definitely started.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• I like it 1

1 minute ago, lcpfratn said:

Picked up my first EC18 and a couple of W12 750ml. Bourbon hunting season has definitely started.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looking forward to how the EC18 goes for you. Enjoy your spoils!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.