What Bourbon(s) Did You Purchase Today? Fall 2017 Edition.

OldFitzWithTheGoldLabel
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

42 minutes ago, chappy6107 said:

Thanks to @NDN98 I was able to pick up a 4R SB PS.  This one is very tasty.  And it goes down as my first store pick for 4R

IMAG1850.jpg

Glad you liked it.  It was my first time finding the OESF recipe and I liked the flavor a lot.

5 minutes ago, mwmac said:

Just picked up a bottle of RHF.  Looking forward to sampling this one...

I envy you so much! I saw my first RHF in the wild today and it was very overpriced, IMO. If it's not terribly rude of me to ask, how much did you find that for?

Cheers! Jordan

Just now, Bourbon Fanatic said:

I envy you so much! I saw my first RHF in the wild today and it was very overpriced, IMO. If it's not terribly rude of me to ask, how much did you find that for?

Cheers! Jordan

State controlled retail price...$54.95.

1 minute ago, mwmac said:

State controlled retail price...$54.95.

!!!!!!! I saw it for $130 today! Holy cow!

Is there any way you can get a bottle for me? (Kind of kidding) 

• I like it 1

2 hours ago, HoustonNit said:

What no Sazerac? I kid awesome pick up.

Beat me to it.  Haha.  Sweet Score JT.  Glad your local is looking out for its regulars!  

Oh, and I added an 4RPS OBSF.  I already have one of this recipe, but couldn't pass it up given how much scarcer these bottles seems to have become.  Think I am still missing 3 or 4 recipes.

4 hours ago, JTaylor said:

When it rains...

9EFB782B-747C-44A3-B344-6D9997109AD5.jpeg

That is a monsoon of great bourbon!!! Well done! I'm sure it put a smile on your face while putting a dent in the wallet. Congrats on the fantastic score!!

Just stopped into my favorite liquor store 

and got a Buffalo Trace SiB store pick!

Never had a store pick before and thought it was fitting to get a store pick from my favorite LS.

IMG_1339.thumb.JPG.aeeba0a326b325c408e5127ac99bc759.JPG

Cheers!

• I like it 1

Grabbed a bottle of 1792 full proof. I’m a fan of VOB so looking forward to a few more years and of course the higher proof.

3 hours ago, Bourbon Fanatic said:

Just stopped into my favorite liquor store 

and got a Buffalo Trace SiB store pick!

Never had a store pick before and thought it was fitting to get a store pick from my favorite LS.

IMG_1339.thumb.JPG.aeeba0a326b325c408e5127ac99bc759.JPG

Cheers!

I've picked up several different BT store pix lately & really enjoy them. I've only had one that I didn't care for, & fortunately it was one a buddy bought. The others have all been very tasty single barrels lo-proofers, & I find it better than the normal expression. And the price is right.

I've been somewhat lucky the last few days. Picked up a couple of Parker's Heritage that I didn't think I'd find. I had to pay a premium above retail, but still less than $200. I also found a bunch of ECBP batch C917 for myself and another SB'r, Michter's 10 yr Single Barrel at retail, Michter's toasted barrel Rye for a small premium and W12 at retail. A good couple of days, but hard on my wallet! [emoji3]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• I like it 3

1 hour ago, lcpfratn said:

I've been somewhat lucky the last few days. Picked up a couple of Parker's Heritage that I didn't think I'd find. I had to pay a premium above retail, but still less than $200. I also found a bunch of ECBP batch C917 for myself and another SB'r, Michter's 10 yr Single Barrel at retail, Michter's toasted barrel Rye for a small premium and W12 at retail. A good couple of days, but hard on my wallet! emoji3.png

What do you think of the Michter's 10yr and Michter's Toasted? Yesterday I was offered both for $120 and $80 respectively, but I haven't tried any of the Michter's line yet (they were getting some shade when I did a quick search here).

What do you think of the Michter's 10yr and Michter's Toasted? Yesterday I was offered both for $120 and $80 respectively, but I haven't tried any of the Michter's line yet (they were getting some shade when I did a quick search here).

Haven't tried either one, but $120 is less than retail on the Michter's 10 and $80 is right around retail on the toasted Rye so I'd be a buyer at those prices if you have any interest at all.

• I like it 1

Not a bourbon, but I grabbed a PS that my local LS did with HW.  The bottle is Double Rye, but aged an additional 8 months in MWND barrels, which themselves are former Port barrels.  

This comes right on time, as the wife and kids are leaving for a long weekend.  I plan to bowhunt the daylight hours, eat like a king (I love cooking hearty meals), sip some whiskey, and maybe enjoy a barrel-aged cigar.  

2 hours ago, gurgalunas said:

The bottle is Double Rye, but aged an additional 8 months in MWND barrels, which themselves are former Port barrels.  

That's really meta.

Meanwhile I still fail to find MWND at all, or Bourye at a decent price...

A rare post in this thread for me these days as I have scaled waaay back on purchases. I picked up a Stagg jr. I had a sample of batch 1 when it came out and was so put off by it I put it at. The top of my bourbons to avoid list ( the other being 4R OBSQ). I have heard that late4 batches are much improved and I like standard BT so a barrel proof version is very intriguing. Fingers crossed that this batch 8 is a winner. There is a LS pick of 4R OBSF  and a favorite RRsb for similar pricing that I passed on when I sought this out, figured I should mix it up a bit.

16 hours ago, Kane said:

Meanwhile I still fail to find MWND at all, or Bourye at a decent price...

All you have to do is ask . . . . . :ph34r:

On 10/30/2017 at 6:26 PM, JTaylor said:

When it rains...

9EFB782B-747C-44A3-B344-6D9997109AD5.jpeg

And today I picked up an AS FC... LOL no wonder my wife thinks I have a problem!

Picked up a couple of ECBP C917s.  First ECBP in the new bottle I've bought (and the first since batch #3).  Looking forward to cracking one this weekend!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.