What Bourbon(s) Did You Purchase Today? Fall 2017 Edition.

OldFitzWithTheGoldLabel
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Not a purchase, but made a trade & brought home a Blantons SFTB. I typically pass on Blantons only because I feel its a bit expensive for what it is, but have always wanted to try SFTB. I gave up a 1.75 W12 for it. Cant wait to open it up!

And charged you MSRP?

Slight premium it seems ghetto shops sell this for $38 while other stores seem to charge $30-$35. Gougers try to get $40-$80. I'd probably buy at $40 but not more. This is Texas and W12 is somewhat well distributed.

Just ordered form a local-ish store with nice PS options. Got 2 KC SiB at 13 years and 2 ER10 at 11yr7months. Im not a four roses fanatic but I keep wanting to buy an 11yr7mo OBSF  but need to try it before spending 75 on it.

HH6BIB x2 of which one I gave away to my brother who uses it to make “cough syrup” consisting of bourbon, honey, lemon juice for he and my father

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, HoustonNit said:

^Did Binny's pick that barrel? If so you should be in for a treat.

Indeed! Excited to try it. It will be the first barrel pick I try from them, which ones have you enjoyed?

Indeed! Excited to try it. It will be the first barrel pick I try from them, which ones have you enjoyed?

Nothing from Binny's directly but had several cask strength SB of MGP from SAOS. Some are good and some are great. If Binny's was able to pick from several barrels this should be really good.

This reminds I need to get another SAOS SB.

Not today but my last purchase was Saturday while in KY and it was a pair of HH6BIB

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On 10/29/2017 at 4:49 PM, Bob_Loblaw said:

Picked up a spare Blanton’s. One of my favorites!

I generally like at least 3 spare Blantons myself. Nice pick up. 

Hirsch Small Batch Reserve 7yr for $9.74.  There is no way I would pay the $30-$40 original price for it, but, $10 is an easy decision.   

• I like it 1

Dropped by my primary shop hoping to catch my guy and BS a little, see if they had anything and if not make a relationship maintenance purchase of Larceny. My guy wasn't in but I snagged a Rebel Yell 10 year for $54. I have been hoping to snag one. Glad I found one. 

And I still ended up w/ HH wheated juice. 

IMG_3510.JPG

• I like it 1

38 minutes ago, JTaylor said:

When it rains...

9EFB782B-747C-44A3-B344-6D9997109AD5.jpeg

Very nice, please enjoy. I would love to hear the details on how you scored those fine bourbons?

5 minutes ago, Dango said:

Very nice, please enjoy. I would love to hear the details on how you scored those fine bourbons?

A few years of bunker building, buying wine for Mrs JT, talking, purchasing the occasional less than stellar product. Basically a lot of mileage, a LOT of purchases, a sample here and there. I honestly wasn't expecting this... was hoping for a GTS and maybe a THH... I was floored when I was emailed these were waiting for me!

21 minutes ago, JTaylor said:

A few years of bunker building, buying wine for Mrs JT, talking, purchasing the occasional less than stellar product. Basically a lot of mileage, a LOT of purchases, a sample here and there. I honestly wasn't expecting this... was hoping for a GTS and maybe a THH... I was floored when I was emailed these were waiting for me!

As they say......sounds like you certainly earned it. 

1 hour ago, JTaylor said:

very nice score!  sounds like a relationship to keep.

Thanks to @NDN98 I was able to pick up a 4R SB PS.  This one is very tasty.  And it goes down as my first store pick for 4R

IMAG1850.jpg

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.