What Bourbon(s) Did You Purchase Today? Fall 2017 Edition.

OldFitzWithTheGoldLabel
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

48 minutes ago, GeeTen said:

Bought a couple of bottles of ECBP yesterday - Batch #3 (133.8 pf) and Batch #5 (134.8pf) for $120 OTD.  Oh, boy . . . . . . . . . :P

Do you own a DeLorean?

• I like it 2

Picked this up yesterday, some SAOS SB CS at 59.8%, Sara.

Also some closeout WP 10 restaurant pick at 113.7%. Sorry Rye, if it sucks it should make good old fashions.

f5e7619c7cf86a04a76392c63b85e67c.jpg

3f2d183b2e789155fb3df9b54c18d937.jpg

99e56b562198b32a6ee08615ef3901f2.jpg

• I like it 2

Well, was in Bardstown today with a little time on my hands, so I visited the Heaven Hill Bourbon Heritage Center and purchased a bottle of the Elijah Craig Barrel Proof Small Batch.  Then drove over to Cox's Creek to the Four Rose's Bottling/Warehouse facility and picked up a couple of barrel strength OBSV's that were 10yrs 8mos old.  Visited Toddys but he had nothing that I was interested in.  Breakfast at Mammy's Kitchen and then later lunch at Bullit's Winery and Bistro (great pizza).  Then wife and I called it a day and headed home.

• I like it 2

I have been trying to find a bottle of Old Charter 101 for quite awhile. I was very pleased to find a bottle near Indianapolis.
d065090c471e2ecbc97bb147d4ace78e.jpg

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

8 minutes ago, Kyjd75 said:

Well, was in Bardstown today with a little time on my hands, so I visited the Heaven Hill Bourbon Heritage Center and purchased a bottle of the Elijah Craig Barrel Proof Small Batch.  Then drove over to Cox's Creek to the Four Rose's Bottling/Warehouse facility and picked up a couple of barrel strength OBSV's that were 10yrs 8mos old.  Visited Toddys but he had nothing that I was interested in.  Breakfast at Mammy's Kitchen and then later lunch at Bullit's Winery and Bistro (great pizza).  Then wife and I called it a day and headed home.

That is one heck of a day, sir!

In southeastern Kentucky today and picked up a bottle of HHBIB6yr, a Johnny Drum and Little Book. Can't find the first two in west TN, and the price on Little Book was much better than I've seen at home. The HHBIB6 is also sporting a new green label, so I almost overlooked it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

43 minutes ago, OldFitzWithTheGoldLabel said:

I have been trying to find a bottle of Old Charter 101 for quite awhile. I was very pleased to find a bottle near Indianapolis.
d065090c471e2ecbc97bb147d4ace78e.jpg

There is a LS near me that has a shelf full of these, and its one of the next ones on my list to try out. I haven't heard much about it (I think it may be discontinued). Let me know how it is.

There is a LS near me that has a shelf full of these, and its one of the next ones on my list to try out. I haven't heard much about it (I think it may be discontinued). Let me know how it is.
I love Old Charter, but can't track down the age stated any more (I think Hop has bought all the dusty cases remaining east of the Mississippi). Buffalo Trace told me via email that they only ship Old Charter 101 to Louisiana. There was some dust on these bottles. I bought one for Fifeman too.

3 hours ago, HoustonNit said:

Also some closeout WP 10 restaurant pick at 113.7%. Sorry Rye, if it sucks it should make good old fashions.

WP store picks are generally very good, fyi.  :)

Also, nice work on the SAOS.

Edited by 0895

11 hours ago, Clueby said:

Do you own a DeLorean?

With a Flux Capacitor?  Why yes, yes I do!   I'll post pics when I get home tomorrow (of the bourbon - the DeLorean stays under wraps!).  :P

• I like it 1

WP store picks are generally very good, fyi.  [emoji4]
Also, nice work on the SAOS.

Cool I really look forward to opening.

19 minutes ago, lcpfratn said:

In southeastern Kentucky today and picked up a bottle of HHBIB6yr, a Johnny Drum and Little Book. Can't find the first two in west TN, and the price on Little Book was much better than I've seen at home. The HHBIB6 is also sporting a new green label, so I almost overlooked it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You didn't grab a HH 90 proof did ya (still good). If its a new label do you have a picture so I know what to look for next time I'm in KY. I always look for the white label.

Edited by Jfletchgu

With a Flux Capacitor?  Why yes, yes I do!   I'll post pics when I get home tomorrow (of the bourbon - the DeLorean stays under wraps!).  [emoji14]  

I also have a flux capacitor specifically for going back to buy bourbon. Question I need tips on a local for a restock of plutonium. My local the Bulgarian Mafia has run dry.

55 minutes ago, OldFitzWithTheGoldLabel said:

10 minutes ago, Jfletchgu said:

They are still shipping C101 to Illinois, but it comes in 750ml plastic "travelers" now instead of these pretty glass vessels with the engraved barley.  Go back and grab an extra while you can.  C101 is slightly young, but a potent caramel bomb.

1 minute ago, HoustonNit said:

I also have flux capacitor specifically for going back to buy bourbon. Question I need tips on a local for a restock of plutonium. My local has run dry.

Upgrade to Mr. Fusion already.   Jeez, get with the times... :P

Edited by 0895

Upgrade to Mr. Fusion already.   Jeez, get with the times... [emoji14]

Duh I keep going back in time for more ND OGD but need to make a future trip for Mr. Fusion and and a sports almanac to place bets and cover 2017 bourbon pricing.

• I like it 1

21 minutes ago, OldFitzWithTheGoldLabel said:

I love Old Charter, but can't track down the age stated any more (I think Hop has bought all the dusty cases remaining east of the Mississippi). Buffalo Trace told me via email that they only ship Old Charter 101 to Louisiana. There was some dust on these bottles. I bought one for Fifeman too.

I can still occasionally find C101 in Illinois. It's young tasting and a little rough around the edges but has a lot of sweetness. I use it to mix with Stagg Jr. to bring the proof down a bit but keeps the general burnt brown sugar/caramel profile. Only an inch or so in my last (glass) bottle.

You didn't grab a HH 90 proof did ya (still good). If its a new label do you have a picture so I know what to look for next time I'm in KY. I always look for the white label.

I don't think I grabbed a HH 90 proof, but now I'm wondering. Sorry no pic at the moment, but I'll check the trunk in the morning and see if I screwed up.

Edited after Google search didn't reveal a new BIB label.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

52 minutes ago, Jfletchgu said:

Do u mind sending a pm. Would love to snag one of these if anywhere within my range in TN. Thanks

Completed my annual egg nog re-stocking for the holiday season. Got some EW nog, Penn Dutch, and Benchmark. While i was at it, picked up two Bourbon Creams, which I hadn't seen locally before. This should carry us through the season. 

What an awesome day.  My Spartans had a 3 hour rain delay, so I decided to head out and do some hunting.  Not only did I score these beauties, but the Spartans took out another top 10 team when the game finally resumed.

bourbon.jpg

• I like it 2

5 hours ago, HoustonNit said:

f5e7619c7cf86a04a76392c63b85e67c.jpg

We started getting some Smooth Ambler, but it's the American Whiskey. Is it worth getting? I still have not gotten to my Smooth Ambler bottles I bought a few months back.

• I like it 1

I had an awesome day with the fiancée hunting around at like 6 different liquor stores. Here are the fruits of our labor!

IMG_1365.thumb.JPG.b6f439ff948883f3089ebc902842b9f6.JPG

Excited for every single one of those bottles (some more than others)

Cheers! Jordan

• I like it 1

5 minutes ago, Bourbon Fanatic said:

I had an awesome day with the fiancée hunting around at like 6 different liquor stores. Here are the fruits of our labor!

IMG_1365.thumb.JPG.b6f439ff948883f3089ebc902842b9f6.JPG

Excited for every single one of those bottles (some more than others)

Cheers! Jordan

Awesome finds! Where did you come across the OGD114?

2 minutes ago, Bnrhodes3 said:

Awesome finds! Where did you come across the OGD114?

Sun stop liquor - Rural/Apache. They had them for $26, I think. Which is a few bucks too high, but I haven't been able to find any, so I bought em. I left about 8 on the shelf for you B).

Have you ever had OGD114?

Cheers!

• I like it 1

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.