What Bourbon(s) Did You Purchase Today? Fall 2017 Edition.

OldFitzWithTheGoldLabel
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

6 minutes ago, Bourbon Fanatic said:

Sun stop liquor - Rural/Apache. They had them for $26, I think. Which is a few bucks too high, but I haven't been able to find any, so I bought em. I left about 8 on the shelf for you B).

Have you ever had OGD114?

Cheers!

I am setting up at a market off of Mill and University tomorrow morning, so I'm going to have to stop in and grab one on the way back!

I picked up a bottle of OGD BIB not that long ago and I enjoy it, but haven't had the 114 yet. I asked the store manager I got the OGD BIB from and he mentioned he hasn't had OGD114 in a while (I've not seen it yet).

• I like it 2

9 hours ago, Patrick_OKC said:

Completed my annual egg nog re-stocking for the holiday season. Got some EW nog, Penn Dutch, and Benchmark. While i was at it, picked up two Bourbon Creams, which I hadn't seen locally before. This should carry us through the season. 

PA Dutch just hit Saint Louis. Grabbed two bottles tried it out and went back to the store the next day for 6 more bottles. That stuff is great. Plan on funneling it into a milk jug for a Christmas party and calling it my own special recipe.  HA

Edited by Gorzo

13 minutes ago, Gorzo said:

PA Dutch just hit Saint Louis. Grabbed two bottles tried it out and went back to the store the next day for 6 more bottles. That stuff is great. Plan on funneling it into a milk jug for a Christmas party and calling it my own special recipe.  HA

Since you're the second person to go on about this nog I just googled it and found it's not the regular stuff found in the dairy aisle. :) And the ABC lists it on their website as "coming soon" for the low, low price of $9.99.

11 hours ago, Zero Cool said:

What an awesome day.  My Spartans had a 3 hour rain delay, so I decided to head out and do some hunting.  Not only did I score these beauties, but the Spartans took out another top 10 team when the game finally resumed.

bourbon.jpg

Quite the score for a rain delay hunt... Did you have a manager holding these for you or were they sitting on the shelf? Nice score

• I like it 1

1 hour ago, bourbon4all said:

Quite the score for a rain delay hunt... Did you have a manager holding these for you or were they sitting on the shelf? Nice score

The 4R SmB LE and PH 11 were in the back, and the timing worked out.  It was a couple stores, but the Managers at both tend to keep it on the down-low and reward regulars who come it at the right time.  The others were on the shelf.

• I like it 1

4 hours ago, Gorzo said:

Now that's the spirit!  Pun intended 

3 hours ago, DCFan said:

Since you're the second person to go on about this nog I just googled it and found it's not the regular stuff found in the dairy aisle. :) And the ABC lists it on their website as "coming soon" for the low, low price of $9.99.

The wife and I have enjoyed Pennsylvania Dutch brand for years, and that was the only brand we bought for a long time. Then we added a few other brands, and after doing a few SBS we switched to EW as our first choice. EW has a shelf life of 18 months unopened, vs. 6 months for Pennsylvania Dutch. In either case 30 days opened. Both are good!

• I like it 3

13 hours ago, Zero Cool said:

What an awesome day.  My Spartans had a 3 hour rain delay, so I decided to head out and do some hunting.  Not only did I score these beauties, but the Spartans took out another top 10 team when the game finally resumed.

bourbon.jpg

Awesome haul right there. Cheers.

18 hours ago, HoustonNit said:

Picked this up yesterday, some SAOS SB CS at 59.8%, Sara.

Also some closeout WP 10 restaurant pick at 113.7%. Sorry Rye, if it sucks it should make good old fashions.

f5e7619c7cf86a04a76392c63b85e67c.jpg

3f2d183b2e789155fb3df9b54c18d937.jpg

99e56b562198b32a6ee08615ef3901f2.jpg

Can't go wrong picking up those two, they are generally very good. Enjoy! 

16 hours ago, Kyjd75 said:

Well, was in Bardstown today with a little time on my hands, so I visited the Heaven Hill Bourbon Heritage Center and purchased a bottle of the Elijah Craig Barrel Proof Small Batch.  Then drove over to Cox's Creek to the Four Rose's Bottling/Warehouse facility and picked up a couple of barrel strength OBSV's that were 10yrs 8mos old.  Visited Toddys but he had nothing that I was interested in.  Breakfast at Mammy's Kitchen and then later lunch at Bullit's Winery and Bistro (great pizza).  Then wife and I called it a day and headed home.

And here I was sitting at home with nothing to do.  Well actually I was marinating a pork tenderloin in a spiced bourbon sauce.  And boy was it good.

Can't go wrong picking up those two, they are generally very good. Enjoy! 

Cool I respect your opinion, didn't think you where a rye guy.

3 minutes ago, HoustonNit said:

Cool I respect your opinion, didn't think you where a rye guy.

I've got a few ryes in my cabinet, a WP 10 store picks which i'm enjoying very much, some Pikesville and a Michter's barrel strength 2016. I'd choose a bourbon over a rye any day,  but something a rye hitting the spot just right. i'm gonna try to get my hands on some THH, went through some samples of the 2015 and 2016, those were amazing. 

You didn't grab a HH 90 proof did ya (still good). If its a new label do you have a picture so I know what to look for next time I'm in KY. I always look for the white label.

You guessed correctly. I did end up grabbing a 90 proof 6yr HH by mistake. I know how it happened too. I was looking for it in the store and I found regular white label HH in the back of an aisle and asked the owner up front if he had the 6yr bottled in bond. He says it's in the green bottles to the right. I see the six year and asked if they changed the label and he said that he thought they had. As I was reaching down to look at the bottle, the owner suggested that I check out the Johnny Drum several shelves above since he didn't think that was available too many places outside of KY. Then I also saw Little Book to the right of it...and needless to say I got distracted and never even looked at the HH 6yr bottle again. Oh well, it was cheap and I'm sure I'll like it. I don't think he even had the HH BIB in the store.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I received a call from my local bottle adoption agency about these two needing a place to stay. So I brought them home with me. 

46FE524D-D440-48CB-81EF-86AC2974C401.jpeg

• I like it 4

17 minutes ago, Radioyada said:

I received a call from my local bottle adoption agency about these two needing a place to stay. So I brought them home with me. 

You mean nobody wanted those sweet babies?  Nice pickup

2 hours ago, lcpfratn said:

You guessed correctly. I did end up grabbing a 90 proof 6yr HH by mistake. I know how it happened too. I was looking for it in the store and I found regular white label HH in the back of an aisle and asked the owner up front if he had the 6yr bottled in bond. He says it's in the green bottles to the right. I see the six year and asked if they changed the label and he said that he thought they had. As I was reaching down to look at the bottle, the owner suggested that I check out the Johnny Drum several shelves above since he didn't think that was available too many places outside of KY. Then I also saw Little Book to the right of it...and needless to say I got distracted and never even looked at the HH 6yr bottle again. Oh well, it was cheap and I'm sure I'll like it. I don't think he even had the HH BIB in the store.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It borders on blasphemy around here but I kinda prefer the 90 to the BIB.

It borders on blasphemy around here but I kinda prefer the 90 to the BIB.

I opened it this evening when we got home from our travels, and for the money it's pretty good stuff. It's not as good as Elijah Craig, EWSB or HMKBIB, but it's around 1/3 the price of those fine bourbons. I'm pretty sure I tried the HH6 BIB at the Sampler in April and was not that impressed, but I think it was the evening when nothing was sitting well due to indigestion, so I wanted to give it another shot. I'll hopefully get another chance to snag a bottle of HH6 BIB next month. In the mean time, I'm not unhappy with my mistaken purchase, and I may ultimately come to the same conclusion you have.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

3 hours ago, Radioyada said:

46FE524D-D440-48CB-81EF-86AC2974C401.jpeg

Nice!

13 hours ago, Marekv8 said:

A few more Single Oaks for comparative tasting…

IMG_7839.thumb.jpg.e34f575d924cc28ee84ad883e5d4076b.jpg

Never seen those before. What size are those bottles?

22 minutes ago, MTNBourbon said:

Never seen those before. What size are those bottles?

They're 375mL (I believe the same bottle as the ER10 375mL). Retailers must have hung onto them, as I come across dusty backroom bottles from time to time.

22 minutes ago, Marekv8 said:

They're 375mL (I believe the same bottle as the ER10 375mL). Retailers must have hung onto them, as I come across dusty backroom bottles from time to time.

Thanks.

PH11 and FR LE 2017 'cause I'm weak, weak I tell you.  "I'm just a girl who can't say no!" (extra points for the first one to identify that Broadway show and who wrote it!).   :lol:

• I like it 1

1 hour ago, GeeTen said:

PH11 and FR LE 2017 'cause I'm weak, weak I tell you.  "I'm just a girl who can't say no!" (extra points for the first one to identify that Broadway show and who wrote it!).   :lol:

From Oklahoma...R&H.

Don't you mean "cain't"?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.