What Bourbon Are You Enjoying? (Fall 2017)

CardsandBourbon
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

5 hours ago, HoustonNit said:

Burn that scuzzy shirt.

Why? I only have five (5) - coulda' had 8.  Good bourbon works great at celebrations and parades, ya' know?  :lol:

Congrats on the Astros' World Series victory and parade - you musta' had some fine bourbon to celebrate then, no?  ;)

Edited by GeeTen
  • I like it 1

I hate to admit it but that BT bourbon cream is insanely good...

Don't hate it, embrace it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11 hours ago, Harry in WashDC said:

On the way back, stopped by the car trunk and grabbed a 750 of VOB BIB with "100" on the neck label in case the power goes out. 

I thought of you the other day when we used my wife's car to get our Christmas tree.  We popped her trunk open and low-and-behold what was in there?  Shoes!  Men:Bourbon :: Women:Shoes

• I like it 3

Why? I only have five (5) - coulda' had 8.  Good bourbon works great at celebrations and parades, ya' know?  :lol:

Congrats on the Astros' World Series victory and parade - you musta' had some fine bourbon to celebrate then, no?  [emoji6]

I wonder if the NFL is like college football where if you're caught cheating they take back your championships?

I kid I guess you're from the New England area so your stuck being a Pats fan.

1 hour ago, dcbt said:

I thought of you the other day when we used my wife's car to get our Christmas tree.  We popped her trunk open and low-and-behold what was in there?  Shoes!  Men:Bourbon :: Women:Shoes

Yeah I opened the wife's trunk the other day...3 new dresses!

48 minutes ago, HoustonNit said:

I wonder if the NFL is like college football where if you're caught cheating they take back your championships?

I kid I guess you're from the New England area so your stuck being a Pats fan.

Two points to clarfy here: first there was no cheating, period end of story, second when you’ve  suffered the dark decades of the pre Kraft era the only thing to get stuck on is savoring each and every season. Back on topic, a nice 4R smb/sb mingle whilst the snow falls.

Edited by kcgumbohead
  • I like it 1

9F7B7A09-1940-462B-806D-FFF0EB94D4EC.thumb.jpeg.315aceeb01f6b88853352fced53fb2db.jpegIt’s getting cold here, this is perfect for warming up. 

Cheers! 

Will.

• I like it 3

37acdea0a1e810641149da231410a512.jpg

Cold and damp in Houston last night, good time for a little side-by-side!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Forgive me Father for I have sinned. Yes, I had a taste of the forbidden fruit - scotch (and I liked it).  This snow had me thinking outside the box and I had a taste of Laphroaig for the first time.  OMG, this stuff is amazing! That peat taste is unlike anything I've ever tasted.  But it's out of my system and I'm back, until the next time.:D

• I like it 4

11 minutes ago, DCFan said:

Forgive me Father for I have sinned. Yes, I had a taste of the forbidden fruit - scotch (and I liked it).  This snow had me thinking outside the box and I had a taste of Laphroaig for the first time.  OMG, this stuff is amazing! That peat taste is unlike anything I've ever tasted.  But it's out of my system and I'm back, until the next time.:D

Go get some Ardbeg next!

• I like it 5

40 minutes ago, Clueby said:

Go get some Ardbeg next!

I agree with this. If you like peat, Ardbeg uigeadail is hard to beat, for sure!

Cheers!

• I like it 2

Revisiting a 9yr 120.1 proof SAOS SB I opened several months back. At that point I thought it very hot and without much depth.

Now I feel it’s still hot but has smoothed out with time or at least I have.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dagummit.  7" of snow is preventing me from getting together for a GBS meetup.  So, in the spirit of when getting lemons you make lemonade, I made a fire in the outside fireplace, and am taking the snow to keep my bourbon cool.  Ain't as good as hangin' with the fellas, but I must make do...

IMG_4407.JPG

Edited by smokinjoe
Whoopsie! Meant GBS...I am always up to missing a GNS Meeting.. :D
  • I like it 4

2 hours ago, DCFan said:

Go find a cask strength laphroaig... One of the few scotches I always keep on hand.

• I like it 2

Went back and forth trying to decide what bottle to take to a family party and narrowed it down to ER10, Henry Mckenna 10 and Evan Williams Single Barrel. I haven't had HMK10 or EWSiB so I went with ER10 since it's very good, but not so good I would cringe if it was mixed, well priced and not impossible to find in my area...oh and a flask of Blanton's which IS nearly impossible to find here for those who can appreciate it.

20171209_183756.jpg

After a day assembling a new grill, I’m running the gamut tonight. OF1920, then GW4G and now an OBSK. All are excellent. 

A deja vu moment tasting moment, like I've had a pour of this in the past. But, given the randomness of the blend-- that would seem to be impossible. I'll try to match it up with a close contender next weekend, starting with some previous Barrell releases.

IMG_7974.thumb.jpg.03710ffa9cf7d36d35a2bc0b61749a10.jpg

To chime in on the Islay debate Laphroaig, Ardbeg, Lagavulin in that order. Kilchoman is no slouch either despite their comparative youth.

Neglected Caol Ila, which I might slot in at 2 or 3 depending on the day. 

Edited by kevinbrink

12 minutes ago, kevinbrink said:

To chime in on the Islay debate Laphroaig, Ardbeg, Lagavulin in that order. Kilchoman is no slouch either despite their comparative youth.

But what about the more eccentric folks, Bunnahabhain and Bruichladdich? No clunkers in Islay!

Anyways, enjoying an OESQ tonight. Has a very strange sour taste this one.

Edited by Kane
  • I like it 1

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.