What Bourbon Are You Enjoying? (Fall 2017)

CardsandBourbon
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

18 hours ago, HoustonNit said:

I wonder if the NFL is like college football where if you're caught cheating they take back your championships?

We have a saying in Competitive Shooting - "If you're not cheatin', you're not winnin'!"   :lol:

On 12/8/2017 at 10:31 PM, HoustonNit said:

Burn that scuzzy shirt.

Well, I got jumped by 3 Falcon fans during the Officials' meeting yesterday at the Georgia Tech pool.  I'm still a little fuzzy as to what happened to the t-shirt.  Or maybe it was the effects of the meeting of the Georgia Bourbon Society (participant numbers greatly reduce by 8" of snow in the Atlanta area Friday!) hosted by tanstaafl2:

GBS.jpg

Do you have any idea how hard it is to find a snow brush/scraper in Atlanta????  The car rental places certainly don't have any . . . . . . .   :wacko:

Edited by GeeTen
  • I like it 4

7 hours ago, kevinbrink said:

To chime in on the Islay debate Laphroaig, Ardbeg, Lagavulin in that order. Kilchoman is no slouch either despite their comparative youth.

I just knew we'd hear from you on this one. :D

Well, I got jumped by 3 Falcon fans during the Officials' meeting yesterday at the Georgia Tech pool.  I'm still a little fuzzy as to what happened to the t-shirt.  Or maybe it was the effects of the meeting of the Georgia Bourbon Society (participant numbers greatly reduce by 8" of snow in the Atlanta area Friday!) hosted by tanstaafl2:

GBS.thumb.jpg.e4e4f571adc0c9da13be6730b521d37d.jpg

Do you have any idea how hard it is to find a snow brush/scraper in Atlanta????  The car rental places certainly don't have any . . . . . . .   :wacko:

It's a shame Bruce didn't have much to offer on the table at the GBS meeting! [emoji6][emoji12][emoji56]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  • I like it 1

Quite the lineup.

8 hours ago, Kane said:

But what about the more eccentric folks, Bunnahabhain and Bruichladdich? No clunkers in Islay!

Anyways, enjoying an OESQ tonight. Has a very strange sour taste this one.

I like both but find that I reach for them the least, probably Bruichladdich more than Bunnahabhain.

4 hours ago, GeeTen said:

We have a saying in Competitive Shooting - "If you're not cheatin', you're not winnin'!"   :lol:

There was a college basketball coach in these parts who used to be friends with one of my buddies.  In private circles he would say, "If you ain't cheatin', you ain't  tryin'!"

Damn sorry I missed that fellas but my part of Cobb was still a mess from the snow. I'm glad y'all had a good time and gave GeeTen a GBS welcome.

One question....Mike, WTF happened to your hair?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • I like it 1

4 hours ago, GeeTen said:

GBS.jpg

Very nice line-up!

7 hours ago, GeeTen said:

GBS.jpg

We had a great time and thanks to our special guest, Frank/Geeten, for contributing a 2017 FRSmBLE to the lineup! I addition I appreciate those who bravely faced the elements last night. Truly unfortunate that Snowmaggedon 2017 kept others from attending but certainly understandable. It does however once again confirm my faith in the veracity of my personal philosophy, TANSTAAFL's Corollary to Murphy's Law.

The whiskey lineup has now been safely stored away in the basement bunker/liquor store. Now, if you will excuse me, I think I will go have another appetizer... :huh:

• I like it 2

19 hours ago, jshleffar said:

Go find a cask strength laphroaig... One of the few scotches I always keep on hand.

Excellent advice!

23 hours ago, DCFan said:

Forgive me Father for I have sinned. Yes, I had a taste of the forbidden fruit - scotch (and I liked it).  This snow had me thinking outside the box and I had a taste of Laphroaig for the first time.  OMG, this stuff is amazing! That peat taste is unlike anything I've ever tasted.  But it's out of my system and I'm back, until the next time.:D

I love Laphroaig because I find it very sweet under all that peat. Perhaps from the MM barrels they age it in? But I also love the young earthy yet sweet taste of Kilchomin. And 'Laddie is quite a flavorful bruiser at 100 proof.

• I like it 1

Revisiting lot B @ a local tasting bar today just because I wanted it, and sometimes you get what you want.  LoL

It's a good palate day, btw.

IMAG2875.jpg

• I like it 1

48 minutes ago, 0895 said:

Revisiting lot B @ a local tasting bar today just because I wanted it, and sometimes you get what you want.  LoL

It's a good palate day, btw.

IMAG2875.jpg

Lotsa cool stuff in the background, too! What's this do they only have LEs?

A couple days late, but figured it was fitting. I’m not much for KC but this is a damn good store pick. They said it was 13 yrs.
f88ace597dbc07d84749560069002f91.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, Kane said:

Lotsa cool stuff in the background, too! What's this do they only have LEs?

No, they have a bunch of stuff, but top shelf is top shelf, LoL.

The other stuff sits much lower.

:)

Was at a bar and ordered ORVW that they had at $10, quite reasonable from what I've seen.

Must be my Buffalonian accent, got this instead.

50f114c585212e0d20d29ba84475b146.jpg

It's actually not bad at all. Reminded me of some of my recent EC barrel picks, but the higher 104 proof added some flavor, and had some WT spice. I don't think it's worth the $40-$50 price for a 375, but would buy if discounted.

13 hours ago, lcpfratn said:

It's a shame Bruce didn't have much to offer on the table at the GBS meeting! emoji6.pngemoji12.pngemoji56.png

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'd like to join the GBS. Where do I apply? I'm in Roswell.

Enjoying some ORVW with bread pudding topped with hard sauce (bourbon, brown sugar and butter). 

34F28946-A9E2-42AC-9646-3FCA9A5B7009.thumb.jpeg.d24360f1eceda260f62f17efc64dac14.jpeg
BA9CD268-7028-46EB-AB8A-BA5958CBCC6B.thumb.jpeg.466ad15bff4eea03433b32300adbca4c.jpeg

Looks like a great combo.

SB HHSS #2 to celebrate the Packers winning (barely) and keeping their slim playoff hopes alive.

Aw hell, who am I kidding? I just wanted a big pour of this wonderful whiskey :) 

• I like it 1

Brought out a pour of (the always spectacular) Pappy to celebrate booking my trip to Europe in March. 

IMG_0388.thumb.JPG.7a00fd7a31310b859951a72234d0fd32.JPG

Huzzah

• I like it 2

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.