What Bourbon Are You Enjoying? (Fall 2017)

CardsandBourbon
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I got from work this evening and had a few things to take care of. After all was said and done, I ended up having yet another impromptu sbs of Blanton's and RHF. I sure wish that both of these were just a tad more affordable. :mellow:

Biba! Joe

sbs.jpeg

• I like it 2

19 minutes ago, fishnbowljoe said:

I got from work this evening and had a few things to take care of. After all was said and done, I ended up having yet another impromptu sbs of Blanton's and RHF. I sure wish that both of these were just a tad more affordable. :mellow:

Biba! Joe

sbs.jpeg

Which do you prefer?

I saw this and it prompted me to want to do a SBS of my Blanton's and RHF when I get home.

Cheers!

5 minutes ago, Bourbon Fanatic said:

Which do you prefer?

I saw this and it prompted me to want to do a SBS of my Blanton's and RHF when I get home.

Cheers!

I did the same sbs a few days ago. As I posted then, there ain't no winner in this one. Both are great.

Biba! Joe

• I like it 2

I've been jumping all over the place tonight.  Started with a Private Selection FRSB, OBSQ 11 1/2 years old, 109.2 proof.  Found this strangely thin and hot.  Not bad by any means but not the whiskey that inspired me to buy four or five bottles.  So I switched over to the cheesy gold foil WT 12 that I found absolutely unbeatable around Thanksgiving.  Again, very good but too much oak, too much oak.  Inspired by Joe's post I reached for the open Blanton's.  Not SFTB, not Gold, just old, boring, fancy-bottle Blanton's.  Ahhh, just right.  Nice that it's readily available in MA for 50 a bottle out the door.

Leaning into Christmas.

Cheers.

-Mike 

• I like it 1

On the back end of a cold so the taste buds are a little off.  I opted for something with a little oomph so I could enjoy the flavor.  Nice pour of 1792 Full Proof store selection.  I proofed it down to around 102.  Watching the Colts-Broncos game.  Might have a little bit more...for medicinal purposes.

4R OESF at 115.2  proof, 11yr 2m old. This eventually develops into custard & fudge, but the first alcohol impact is strong. I need to aerate this bottle more.

CEHT small batch, it's the next bottle Im aiming to empty. Tonight it's coming off as one of the best whiskey's I've ever had, so with my pallet working well tonight Im going to go after some stuff I don't like very much next.

cracked open a ECBP b517.  just couldnt let it sit unopened any longer.

1st pour is really good.  if like most bourbons to me, it gets better after a little air time then Im in for a treat.

• I like it 1

14 minutes ago, chappy6107 said:

cracked open a ECBP b517.  just couldnt let it sit unopened any longer.

1st pour is really good.  if like most bourbons to me, it gets better after a little air time then Im in for a treat.

Have another couple pours then let it sit for a month or so. Fantastic bourbon. 

49er,

more research is required!

//mako

Edited by Mako254
Spelling.
  • I like it 2

Well this is up there among my favorite open bottles at the moment (which are plentiful) old KBD was fantastic....

IMG_20171214_223757396.jpg

@fishnbowljoe inspired me to do a SBS of my Blanton's and RHF.

He's got a point - both are freakin amazing!

I think I have to politely disagree with him on one aspect though... I think RHF takes the cake on this one - that's just my humble opinion.

Don't get me wrong, Blanton's is delicious but RHF agrees with my palate ever so slightly more.

IMG_1490.thumb.JPG.fdb769c4ec7e95b35a3016c287efb8f8.JPG

Cheers!

• I like it 1

3 minutes ago, kevinbrink said:

Old Turkey ain't no slouch neither...

IMG_20171214_230922500.jpg

Did you really finish your last pour in 4 minutes?! I'm not even mad!

6B199241-9D53-47D3-B8C8-487CE9668B80-3320-000003088409EF0B.png.62c6c6adc6af50187f45b1de3066eefc.png

I've always wanted to try the Austin Nichols, but I've never been able to secure a bottle/pour for myself. Guess I'll keep looking.

Cheers!

1 minute ago, Bourbon Fanatic said:

Did you really finish your last pour in 4 minutes?! I'm not even mad!

6B199241-9D53-47D3-B8C8-487CE9668B80-3320-000003088409EF0B.png.62c6c6adc6af50187f45b1de3066eefc.png

I've always wanted to try the Austin Nichols, but I've never been able to secure a bottle/pour for myself. Guess I'll keep looking.

Cheers!

Nope, posted the first one just before I poured pour #2 though full disclosure pour number two is gone now.... if it makes you feel better I think the current stuff is better than the last year or two of the old Austin Nichols label (2010ish).

• I like it 2

1 minute ago, kevinbrink said:

Nope, posted the first one just before I poured pour #2 though full disclosure pour number two is gone now.... if it makes you feel better I think the current stuff is better than the last year or two of the old Austin Nichols label (2010ish).

That is good to know, maybe I should save my hunting for other hard to finds and just keep buying "plain 'ol" WT101.

Cheers to you, sir!

• I like it 1

5 hours ago, fishnbowljoe said:

Biba! Joe

sbs.jpeg

RHF for me. I get this huge sweet cherries/candied cherries on the nose. And the (rumored) extra time in the rick house shows. 

• I like it 1

49 minutes ago, kevinbrink said:

Old Turkey ain't no slouch neither...

IMG_20171214_230922500.jpg

Wish it was easier to get aholt of. 

• I like it 1

I went over to FacePlant’s place this evening for a little dinner and “refreshments”. This was quite an enjoyable spread! Thanks for a wonderful evening.
3bfdbd22b44601a14ce25bd97c91f475.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• I like it 11

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.