What Bourbon Are You Enjoying? (Fall 2017)

CardsandBourbon
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I was in China for work from Thursday until this morning. I was counting on being shut out for bourbon drinking but I was pleasantly surprised to discover that my client had some BT and WTRB on hand and the latter was enjoyed very much.

• I like it 1

On 12/8/2017 at 5:24 PM, HoustonNit said:

Some RY10SB great example of HH wheater. No idea why HH doesn't do there own older product. VSOF don't count.

64ee83df6f0a9c8bbc62de9f5b8b9b41.jpg

Not enough stock.

• I like it 1

Not enough stock.

I got lucky ran into a bunch of these $45 at Total Wine. Also got a bottle from someone that didn't care for it.

Still more than VSOF.
  • I like it 1

1 hour ago, flahute said:

Not enough stock.

Weird because every single LS I go to in SC and GA has larceny in handles liters and fifths stacked up. Larceny in a cask strength/ single barrel offering would be a regular buy for me. 

1 minute ago, Mako254 said:

Weird because every single LS I go to in SC and GA has larceny in handles liters and fifths stacked up. Larceny in a cask strength/ single barrel offering would be a regular buy for me. 

And yet, Larceny is not distributed in every state yet because they don't have enough. You may think that they could not be stacked up as much where you shop in order to spread it around but HH prefers to establish a presence in each market with continuous supply before expanding to new ones. 

Also keep in mind that there's a lot of younger whiskey in Larceny than the 10yr old in the RY. They have a VERY long way to go to get enough 10yr old wheated to distribute nationally if they wanted to.

• I like it 1

IMG_0898.thumb.JPG.460c38c716f592a8ea75bc2495b510f8.JPG

International package received recently AND I finally have time to play. Never had a SBS of these 3 before. It's remarkable just how the taste profile holds through all three strengths. For tonight the gold is a BIG step forward with SFTB being a very pleasant bump.

You guy's and gals stop by for a little Holiday Cheer. Best wishes for a warm and blessed season.

• I like it 6

While not a big beam fan, this is one I always seem to enjoy.

I was really happy to find this in the bourbon advent calendar today.

Yum!

IMAG2882.jpg

Had some HW DR store pick at a bar and HWMW. At home had some OWA, Blanton's and FC 6yr.

Fighting Cock is winning tonight.

• I like it 3

2 hours ago, FacePlant said:

International package received recently AND I finally have time to play. Never had a SBS of these 3 before. It's remarkable just how the taste profile holds through all three strengths. For tonight the gold is a BIG step forward with SFTB being a very pleasant bump.

You guy's and gals stop by for a little Holiday Cheer. Best wishes for a warm and blessed season.

That looks so amazing! If you’re ever around upstate SC I’ll share my WSR, ER10 & EC with you, :D

Edited by CUfan99

3 hours ago, 0895 said:

Yum!

IMAG2882.jpg

Baker's isn't given enough love; it's something I never buy a bottle of for whatever reason but I always really enjoy it every time I have a pour at a bar. I should really get around to actually owning a bottle one of these days. 

Tonight, I started off with a recently opened 2017 EC18 that's slowly growing on me, followed up by 1oz pours of ECBP B517, OF1920 and OF1897. Not a bad night on the whole. 

Edited by NYCBourbon
  • I like it 2

10 hours ago, FacePlant said:

^^^^^ - For The WIN!   :D

17 hours ago, CUfan99 said:

That looks so amazing! If you’re ever around upstate SC I’ll share my WSR, ER10 & EC with you, :D

15 hours ago, NYCBourbon said:

Baker's isn't given enough love; it's something I never buy a bottle of for whatever reason but I always really enjoy it every time I have a pour at a bar. I should really get around to actually owning a bottle one of these days. 

Tonight, I started off with a recently opened 2017 EC18 that's slowly growing on me, followed up by 1oz pours of ECBP B517, OF1920 and OF1897. Not a bad night on the whole. 

If you ever see an older Baker's that has the gold ring around the wax, my experience has been that they are even better than the current stuff. 

• I like it 2

Another wee dram of Blanton's Gold tonite - really hitting the sweet spot before bed (I'm OLD!).   :lol:

Still trying to recover from Saturday nite's GBS meeting!   ;)

Edited by GeeTen
  • I like it 1

Plain old MM as it's the only bourbon at the hotel bar. Tasting mighty nice by the lobby fireplace on this frigid night in DC tho.

Edited by dcbt

Signed up for a lotto this weekend, my wife got the call and came home from work with a bottle of ETL. Cranked it open and it's rather nice. I can see the family resemblance to Blanton's for sure, though I may like the ETL a little more. More research is needed.

started with a dollop of ER10 SB, followed by some CEHT BP, and then I finally opened a PHC Barrel Finished that I bought 5 years ago. I had been on a BT jag the last few weeks until opening the PHC

It had been a while, so I opened an OGD 114 that had been stashed when we were worried about its' demise.  There is a lot of flavor here.  This stands shoulder to shoulder with the other barrel proofers I've tried.  Hard to believe for the $.

I’m having a pour of RR 10yr. This is one of my absolute go to pours that is a flavor bomb for 90 Proof. It just never disappoints. 

Finishing off a flask I filled yesterday for a Christmas party. Evan Williams Single Barrel. Quite nice for the price. I'll definitely replace the bottle. 

On 12/11/2017 at 9:36 PM, 0895 said:

Yum!

IMAG2882.jpg

Me and you both!

• I like it 1

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.