What Beer Are You Drinking Fall/Winter 2017-'18

smokinjoe
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Got to try Heady Topper and Sip of Sunshine watching the game on Saturday night.  The Heady Topper was truly amazing.  Definitely looking forward to trying some more.

11 hours ago, Government Beard said:

Best Barrel Aged beer I've had this year IMG_0618.thumb.JPG.82242a1b1a5cbbf60d284786e0b14533.JPG

It is really good!  They did a nice job with that.  

• I like it 1

13 hours ago, Government Beard said:

Best Barrel Aged beer I've had this year

The BA Ten Fidy is amazing.  I'll be honest--I've been out of the beer game for awhile, focusing not surprisingly on whiskey.  I decided recently to start dabbling again, and on top of the standard IPA-type of stuff which I knew, I discovered this whole barrel aged beer "thing", obviously heavy into the stouts.  What a revelation these BA stouts are, and the BA Ten Fidy is just awesome.  It is strong, and heavy, and can kick you in the butt, but man is it good.  I've been enjoying many different BA options as well, like BCBS, Central Waters, Long Trail Unearthed, Boulevard, High West VAS, etc.  But I've stockpiled enough of the BA Ten Fidy to drink several this year, and bunker a few for aging.  Cheers.

Edited by jeffrey r
  • I like it 1

8 hours ago, jeffrey r said:

The BA Ten Fidy is amazing.  I'll be honest--I've been out of the beer game for awhile, focusing not surprisingly on whiskey.  I decided recently to start dabbling again, and on top of the standard IPA-type of stuff which I knew, I discovered this whole barrel aged beer "thing", obviously heavy into the stouts.  What a revelation these BA stouts are, and the BA Ten Fidy is just awesome.  It is strong, and heavy, and can kick you in the butt, but man is it good.  I've been enjoying many different BA options as well, like BCBS, Central Waters, Long Trail Unearthed, Boulevard, High West VAS, etc.  But I've stockpiled enough of the BA Ten Fidy to drink several this year, and bunker a few for aging.  Cheers.

Very nice. I have one left in the bunker but I am going to try to stash away a few more.

It's ridiculously good. It slightly pains me to say that being from San Diego which is one of the top destinations in the country for beer. The Ten Fidy is head and shoulders better then all of the BA releases this year.

I'm starting a few minutes early after a long day that started at 6 this morning at the office dealing with multiple problems, and then gradually got worse...

This 18th Street Brewery Hunter Coconut: Double Milk Stout with Coconut.  This isn't helping things.  Too damn sweet.  Not much coconut (not that I care, but would like something to offset the cloying sweetness).  I am just not a fan of these types of beers.  Honestly, I'd rather waste the calories on ice cream if I'm hankerin' for something cold, thick, creamy, sweet, and...sweet.  

IMG_4475.JPG

1 minute ago, smokinjoe said:

I'm starting a few minutes early after a long day that started at 6 this morning at the office dealing with multiple problems, and then gradually got worse...

This 18th Street Brewery Hunter Coconut: Double Milk Stout with Coconut.  This isn't helping things.  Too damn sweet.  Not much coconut (not that I care, but would like something to offset the cloying sweetness).  I am just not a fan of these types of beers.  Honestly, I'd rather waste the calories on ice cream if I'm hankerin' for something cold, thick, creamy, sweet, and...sweet.  

IMG_4475.JPG

Maybe you should just plop some ice cream in it. Sounds like it can only get better

29 minutes ago, HoustonNit said:

One of my favorites. Just picked up some Bravo from them.

Never seen that one around here.

Cheers!

4 minutes ago, Kpiz said:

Are Trilium and Tree House available in CO?

No, only in MA. I trade.

No, only in MA. I trade.

I had a coworker make a trip to Boston. She did a tour of the Trillium brewery. Had I known before hand I would of asked her to bring me some back. Especially considering she doesn’t even drink.

14 minutes ago, HoustonNit said:

I had a coworker make a trip to Boston. She did a tour of the Trillium brewery. Had I known before hand I would of asked her to bring me some back. Especially considering she doesn’t even drink.

Maybe if there is a next time.:) Tree House is really much better, when you can drink them side by side there really is no comparison.

Started the night with this mystery brew. I bought the 375ml bottle at a big beer tasting for SF Beer Week a few years ago and at some point the label came off. It’s tart, fruity, vinegary, and pretty good. Wish I knew what it is!

2a97a4284ea328ae2f9ec70fde072e1a.jpg

Taking a breather before another couple hours of work left to go.  A mighty tasty Short’s Huma Lupa Licious IPA.

03F5A25B-8C18-4966-8E9A-2022D3750FD1.jpeg

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.