What Beer Are You Drinking Fall/Winter 2017-'18

smokinjoe
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

19 hours ago, HoustonNit said:

Reminds me I need to open the standard release of this which I have, this week.

Giving this another try. I still think it’s over hyped but better than the first time I tried it. Can taste the bourbon and taste like a great stout.

761f577a9a9d172877fe31c3f4a619b0.jpg

Its a good beer but I agree with the over-hyped. This year's release seems particularly boozy tasting.  I still prefer KBS (although it is ridiculously hyped as well).

I get a lot of alcohol on these upon opening. Drinking them slowly, the alcohol dissipates a little bit but overall really "meh".

IMG_0523.thumb.JPG.832473337ac883227db15002838b1c20.JPG

• I like it 1

36 minutes ago, Government Beard said:

I get a lot of alcohol on these upon opening. Drinking them slowly, the alcohol dissipates a little bit but overall really "meh".

That's a real bummer as I loved the High Westified from last year so much I picked up two 6 packs of these.  

1 hour ago, JoeTerp said:

That's a real bummer as I loved the High Westified from last year so much I picked up two 6 packs of these.  

Me too, 2 six packs. I like Ballast Points Victory at Sea aged in High West barrels better for this years release

• I like it 1

Me too, 2 six packs. I like Ballast Points Victory at Sea aged in High West barrels better for this years release

I bought a four pack of the BP VAS HW. Heck I think I’ll take this over Goose Bourbon County. I’m not much of a Lagunitas fan so...

• I like it 1

20 hours ago, Government Beard said:

I haven't seen the HW VAS around here yet.  Either I missed it or it hasn't hit yet.  I would definitely pick up a 4 pack if I saw it around.

• I like it 1

21 hours ago, HoustonNit said:

I bought a four pack of the BP VAS HW. Heck I think I’ll take this over Goose Bourbon County. I’m not much of a Lagunitas fan so...

For me, as it stands right now I think it would be KBS, BP VAS HW, GBC, and then the Lagunitas Willett things. Yeah I agree not a big fan.

1 hour ago, JoeTerp said:

I haven't seen the HW VAS around here yet.  Either I missed it or it hasn't hit yet.  I would definitely pick up a 4 pack if I saw it around.

happy hunting. Tried anything else from this years releases?

Now having:IMG_0531.thumb.JPG.9ef09657835c68adfd851b8be3a00e7f.JPG

On 12/21/2017 at 8:35 PM, HoustonNit said:

Nice change from the barrel aged stuff. I get the coconut on the nose but can't really taste it. Still very good.

Should have a sink and dishwasher installed tomorrow and will be able to pull out the glassware.

41c07d5968afd37c1635e86c1a99c704.jpg

Count me in the group that really likes this one. I do get some slight coconut on the taste.

I have pretty much only seen the HW VAS at Total Wine. Seemingly not a very wide release. I picked up a couple of 4-packs, and I am impressed. Good stuff.

Last evening, had a Bourbon County Stout. Gotta say, hype aside, it was delicious. Very rich and chocolaty, lots of nice bourbon notes. Definitely up there with the best of the best I have had recently, like the HW VAS and BA Ten Fidy.

072e48118c77b993334296db42421290.jpg
  • I like it 1

14 hours ago, Government Beard said:

happy hunting. Tried anything else from this years releases?

Really only the BCBS, and some of the Hardywood stuff (Bourbon Barrel Gingerbread Stout, Christmas Morning, Kentucky Christmas Morning).  The Kentucky Christmas Morning has been my favorite of the bunch so far.

• I like it 2

Kind of liking this one. 

Collab of Stone and Abnormal Beer Co - Imperial Stout brewed with chocolate, vanilla, strawberry, and coffee hence the Neopolitian name

huzzah

IMG_0535.thumb.JPG.8780205004fb0cb2d754bfd2544edfb4.JPG

Edited by Government Beard

0c335c5e1ccd9fd26d2acfbae0c4c1be.jpg
One of my favorite TX IPAs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Have you had Yllow Rose from Lone Pint?

Had the Willettized Coffee Stout and the High West Victory at Sea a few days ago.  Enjoyed both of them and look forward to having a few more.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.