What Beer Are You Drinking Fall/Winter 2017-'18

smokinjoe
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

In order to free up some bar fridge space for Hugl Gruner Veltliner for Christmas Eve dinner, I pulled out a Sierra Nevada Oktoberfest that was taking up space.  It matched just fine with the onion quiche and avocado salad we had for dinner tonight.

Never fear.  There WILL be bourbon for the family on Christmas Eve, along with some Compass Box for the scotch folks and a Writer's Tears for the "anything lighter?" couple.

We're gonna get to the bottom of this tonight. Going to do and sbs of these two and see what the outcome of the two will be

IMG_0492.thumb.JPG.8edf56651abf7a059fc976eab0cfe1dd.JPG

4231b4e01d0edee49ebdf9ead0c4016b.jpg

Interesting how Ballast Point uses HW as they are both owned by the same company. Which reminds me, need to work on my resume at Constellation was hiring in my field.
  • I like it 1

0b8441cd986020c713f39cea623befc6.jpg
Not a fan of this one. Only two more to go....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'll take them! I know I'm the weirdo here for my DKML like among other things. I feel the malt really allows the bourbon barrel finish to shine through and the malt seems to at the same time keep the beer like consistency. Plus it's the only bourbon barrel Founders that you can pour some for the homies.

Never too much...

IMG_0494.thumb.JPG.438d314d39b93b2814d5e9ffcf4a7041.JPG

And and the winner is.....?

Just based on the fact that it's Ballast Point and I love there stuff will go with BP.

1 hour ago, Golferpimp1 said:

0b8441cd986020c713f39cea623befc6.jpg
Not a fan of this one. Only two more to go....

I'm down to 2 as well. My least favorite of the BA series. Keep passing it by for other stuff.

Nice change from the barrel aged stuff. I get the coconut on the nose but can't really taste it. Still very good.

Should have a sink and dishwasher installed tomorrow and will be able to pull out the glassware.

41c07d5968afd37c1635e86c1a99c704.jpg

• I like it 1

I debated going with a dram of Bourbon, but I decided to switch it up a bit and visit one of the sisters. 

A6DB9042-ED70-41E6-9010-51679F36D24D.jpeg

Just got my dishwasher, sink and oven installed. Quickly pulled some glassware I could find and am enjoying this. Not sure what Bavarian IPA is but it's good. Clown Shoes, silly name good beer.

cea01460ac2975b8a4ac9ca50bbc152c.jpg

I'll take them! I know I'm the weirdo here for my DKML like among other things. I feel the malt really allows the bourbon barrel finish to shine through and the malt seems to at the same time keep the beer like consistency. Plus it's the only bourbon barrel Founders that you can pour some for the homies.

Great news. I’ll save the last two to add to our trade. Surprise me with a couple beers on trade.

Yeah this Rasputin bourbon barrel aged was good, need to open another goose island for comparison.

a2be4b99d8bed54335dd3067f594b368.jpg

Tasted great with a big chunk of this that I smoked on the kettle.

1534b0b4c7c777eab96baf1d9e7db12b.jpg

Need to compare to Goose Island but pretty sure this is way better.

• I like it 2

Wow this BA of Victory At Sea is totally different than the Old Rasputin. It's creamy, rich and gritty at the same time, like chocolate and vanilla ice cream, I really like it but not in the same class as the Old Rasputin.

0ad76e64ae5522cf4e3a82664272fa52.jpg

• I like it 2

8 hours ago, HoustonNit said:

^ How's the CBS?

It was awesome!! I loved it. A very different experience than KBS. The maple syrup really sweetened it up and smoothed out the alcohol.  I drank about 2/3 of it. A couple in-laws helped polish it off. 

A couple of nights ago, had these guys. A slight nod to the Boulevard BBQ over the Long Trail Unearthed Barrel Aged, but both very nice.

cfd682218dbdb464949fdf51b702d6a7.jpg

Last night, had a Ballast Point High West Victory at Sea, and this Ten Fidy Barrel Aged. The High West VAS was excellent, but the Ten Fidy was simply outstanding.

60be091f5c5db761a113982baa058855.jpg

A couple of nights ago, had these guys. A slight nod to the Boulevard BBQ over the Long Trail Unearthed Barrel Aged, but both very nice.

cfd682218dbdb464949fdf51b702d6a7.jpg

Last night, had a Ballast Point High West Victory at Sea, and this Ten Fidy Barrel Aged. The High West VAS was excellent, but the Ten Fidy was simply outstanding.

60be091f5c5db761a113982baa058855.jpg

I think the Boulevard particularly for the price which seems half of other offerings around here is a steal.

• I like it 1

From yesterday. Very tasty brew!

Cheers!

7FEoYDu.jpg

Reminds me I need to open the standard release of this which I have, this week.

Giving this another try. I still think it’s over hyped but better than the first time I tried it. Can taste the bourbon and taste like a great stout.

761f577a9a9d172877fe31c3f4a619b0.jpg

• I like it 2

Sam Adams Smoked Lager from a 12 pack I got from a Secret Santa gift swap at work. Pretty good smoked beer for my first (I think?) Has a decent malty body with a subtle smoke note on the finish. If they continue to produce this regularly I'll but it again.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.