What Beer Are You Drinking Fall/Winter 2017-'18

smokinjoe
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Had this really interesting. They put pumpkin in during the. They put pumpkin in while brewing, while most pumpkin beers just add pumpkin spices. You could really taste the pumpkin in the rum barrel aged bottle.

c2279a6cb37ae2bcd706f52f969e5abd.jpg

• I like it 1

Definitely not in Texas right now. Shoveling the deck and having the best macro brew as well as best bargain in beer. Genny Cream Ale.

da9cbdc82d39ffd7b916a500b1055109.jpg

• I like it 1

43 minutes ago, NDN98 said:

It’s onky thanksgiving, but already getting into the Christmas spirit.  This is a great seasonal imperial stout.

Picture will not download due to being in the woods, but drinking a Tupps Brewery Full Grown Nick Holiday Spiced Imperial Stout.

Edited by NDN98

21 hours ago, NDN98 said:

Picture will not download due to being in the woods, but drinking a Tupps Brewery Full Grown Nick Holiday Spiced Imperial Stout.

I grabbed a 4 pack of these as well since the pumpkin release was so good. 

I get gingerbread from this all day long.

• I like it 1

Like many others here I’ve been hitting the darker beers the last two days. I brought a bunch of bombers to my folks’ house so they could help me drink through some that I’d have difficulty finishing on my own...at least in one session. Last night we had a Last Rites from Ironfire Brewing (pictured below), which was very chocolatey and surprisingly not too boozy considering the 16% ABV. This had been aging for a couple years in my closet so perhaps that sanded off some of the rough edges and made it very drinkable.

Today we started with a Speakeasy Brewing Scarface imperial stout and then broke into a Stone Woot Stout 2.0 from 2014. Both are good but not quite as good as the Last Rites.

a498e7184aede9105040b683e844e948.jpg

Need to think about this one for a bit... Nice but not sure it's worth the hype feel like I've had better bourbon barrel aged bottles.

8d6e8edaeea15385bf68236b5788eb32.jpg

• I like it 1

Loving these Other Half beers.  This is their Mosaic single hop offering.  I don't get as much tropical fruit on this as many people seem to.  To me it's very sweet green oniony.  In the best possible way.  And really easy on the finishing bitterness.  Creamy mouthfeel and no way it drinks like 8.5%.  Beautifully dangerous IPA!

IMG_1248.jpg

Edited by scratchline
  • I like it 1

On 11/25/2017 at 9:56 PM, HoustonNit said:

Need to think about this one for a bit... Nice but not sure it's worth the hype feel like I've had better bourbon barrel aged bottles.

8d6e8edaeea15385bf68236b5788eb32.jpg

I was out of town when it hit my area last week, but my brother picked me up a couple bottles.  I have never had it either and am curious to see if it lives up to the hype.

12 hours ago, Government Beard said:

Here we are. Taste like roasted smoke with some grit.

huzzah

Hmm, not sure that description is exactly making want to run out and buy one! :unsure:

48 minutes ago, tanstaafl2 said:

Hmm, not sure that description is exactly making want to run out and buy one! :unsure:

I won't be buying this one again! 

Started off decent smokiness but ended with some touch of didn't-clean-the-BBQ-grill weird funkyness. 

You what else is strange? I can usually tell if I like I am going to like a stout just by how it pours and how the carbination works in the glass. This one had too many bubbles and I had an inkling it was gonna be off.

Beer Philosophy 101. I'm here all week ;)

Does look off in the pic, kind of gritty and sooty.

2 hours ago, tanstaafl2 said:

Just pretend it's a Guyanese Rum...  :D

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.