What Bourbon Are You Enjoying (Winter 2017)

CardsandBourbon
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

1 hour ago, Radioyada said:

Enjoying a small glass of 2017 GTS to end a busy day.  Much needed relaxation.

Good plan

15193568577621767190357.jpg

• I like it 5

On 22/02/2018 at 3:14 AM, MTNBourbon said:

Really like the color, nice sweetness.

QNcoohp.jpg

One of my favorite 2017 releases, can't have enough of this, really a quality pour, i'm sipping it slowly though, not available around here (it's ok, i have two back-ups in the bunker). Enjoy! 

Will.

• I like it 4

8 hours ago, Richnimrod said:

That'll work!!!    Good for you, Radioyada!   :)

The stuff we save for 'special occasions' worx anytime, every time.  

I say; "Drink 'em!"    That's what they're for.  :P

Well said, i'll drink to that later! ;-) (i'm at work at the moment)

Will.

J. W. Dant BiB - an easy drinkin' glass and a true bargain at $30.99/1.75L, IMHO.   :D

MAN DOWN!  Last pour from a GBS ETL.  F#$% Maxwell House . . . THIS is what "good to the last drop" is all about :)  TGIF!

IMG_20180223_174415.thumb.jpg.6198bac085070e5cdef708a875a97b62.jpg

• I like it 5

2 hours ago, GaryT said:

MAN DOWN!  Last pour from a GBS ETL.  F#$% Maxwell House . . . THIS is what "good to the last drop" is all about :)  TGIF!

The GBS ETL pick is some damn fine whiskey!! I was fortunate to get a couple of them from a nefarious plastics salesman (who shall remain unnamed). One went rather quickly, the other is stashed away to be enjoyed at a later date. I hope you've got more, Gary, I wish I did!

• I like it 3

11 minutes ago, Vosgar said:

The GBS ETL pick is some damn fine whiskey!! I was fortunate to get a couple of them from a nefarious plastics salesman (who shall remain unnamed). One went rather quickly, the other is stashed away to be enjoyed at a later date. I hope you've got more, Gary, I wish I did!

Hey - good on ya for snagging a few from that nefarious plastics salesman (who shall remain unnamed).  He is good like that ;)  Apparently that stuff about there being a great future in plastics wasn't too far off, eh!

I do have a couple more, although likely to hold off on digging them out for a while.

Finishing this fine Friday evening in the GBS vein with a RRSB (which is also some very nice whiskey!)

35 minutes ago, Charlutz said:

First, little brother and then followed by big brother 

16579B77-0816-429F-B4A7-400DCFBEB578.jpeg

I see the OF sig....and I like it. 

Started with the final pour of ETL and then CEHT Small Batch. Debating what to do next. OWA or Eagle Rare Single Barrel select. 

11 hours ago, Charlutz said:

16579B77-0816-429F-B4A7-400DCFBEB578.jpeg

Had my first dram of OWA last night and thoroughly enjoyed it. I’ll be on the lookout for the “big brother” this fall. 

520AF82C-7572-4A6D-BF6E-674DAE2405B5.jpeg

11 hours ago, Mako254 said:

I see the OF sig....and I like it. 

If you look real close there are a 1920 and statesman hiding behind the sig in the OF section of the bar. :)

• I like it 2

12 hours ago, Charlutz said:

It was an extremely long week. :mellow: I had a lite breakfast this morning. After that, I poured myself a second cup of coffee and had a get together with big brother Bill.  :)  Only a couple of pours left in this bottle. I know the last one is gonna be wonderfully chewy. :)

Biba! Joe

cw.jpeg

• I like it 3

A break on a busy day of chores. A little FC6yr, more chores, a little RB 116 now. I am loving this lastest RB.

• I like it 2

It is 80 degrees in South Carolina today. Ain’t complainin’. 

McKenna10, simple syrup, peychauds bitters, ice. 

352E4570-C77B-42EB-AA76-F34B00FF96A1.jpeg

• I like it 1

Hotel room wasn't ready, but front desk gave me a couple of drink vouchers for the bar. Although there's a dramatic top shelf with Van Winkles et al, hidden amidst the standard fare on the lower deck is an Al Young-- so a gratis double Al is hitting the spot.

IMG_8722.thumb.PNG.f9a2d9e645d0f3df5dfec739a4b583f9.PNG

• I like it 6

Hotel room wasn't ready, but front desk gave me a couple of drink vouchers for the bar. Although there's a dramatic top shelf with Van Winkles et al, hidden amidst the standard fare on the lower deck is an Al Young-- so a gratis double Al is hitting the spot.

Tough job, but someone has to do it! [emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, Marekv8 said:

WOW!!!     Now that is CUSTOMER RELATIONS Writ Large!    Good for you, Marekv8

Decided to open up the Willett 80th I had been sitting on for a little while. This is the first taste own their own distillate that I have tried. Have to say it's pretty decent for a 4 yr old. I would certainly buy it again if I could find it within 2x of retail, however that's even more unlikely now than it was when I bought it.

IMG_1451.JPG

Enjoying the last bit of Olympic coverage, with a mini pour of RHF

Both the Competition & RHF are enjoyable. 

Cheers

• I like it 1

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.