What Bourbon Are You Enjoying (Winter 2017)

CardsandBourbon
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Yes the 10. I liked it quite a bit. Don’t know if it was a 2016 or 17 as they had the 15 next to it and had the black top (not the red cap from 2017)

Rock Hill Farms.  Wasn't drinking anything until the second half of the Pats/Jaguar's game today.  Figured I needed something to drown my frustration after the cheap shot to the head took Gronk out of the game.  Opened up the RHF and poured two fingers (spread) into a cute little High West shot glass and the rest, as they say, is history.  Guess what I'm drinking from the beginning of the Super Bowl in two weeks!    :D

Congrats to the Jaguars on their great game - nobody took them seriously and they proved they belonged in the AFC Championship game.  Great defense and an offensive game plan that worked to perfection for 50 minutes of the game.  They will be a force to be reckoned with next year in the AFC.  But once again, age and guile beats youth and speed.   :lol:

GO PATS!   :wub:

• I like it 1

7 minutes ago, GeeTen said:

Rock Hill Farms.  Wasn't drinking anything until the second half of the Pats/Jaguar's game today.  Figured I needed something to drown my frustration after the cheap shot to the head took Gronk out of the game.  Opened up the RHF and poured two fingers (spread) into a cute little High West shot glass and the rest, as they say, is history.  Guess what I'm drinking from the beginning of the Super Bowl in two weeks!    :D

Congrats to the Jaguars on their great game - nobody took them seriously and they proved they belonged in the AFC Championship game.  Great defense and an offensive game plan that worked to perfection for 50 minutes of the game.  They will be a force to be reckoned with next year in the AFC.  But once again, age and guile beats youth and speed.   :lol:

Outstanding game. Typical patriots style. 

Spent the day cooking sous vide Korean fried chicken. First time and it turned out pretty good. I’ve had this SAOS SiB open for a year and never really enjoyed it until now. It’s hitting a lot of notes. Maybe it just needed the bold and spicy chicken to really shine? Who knows. It’s not for me to question. I’m just going to savor it. 

2D7A6B97-A9DD-4C26-B496-00392B02E6E4.jpeg

C13603D0-CD15-4CC4-A96E-7075AF83C9EA.jpeg

• I like it 1

Having an BIB face off tonight. To be honest, these are very much alike. The EW is reported as 5 years and the HH is 6. Both sat out for a half hour or so. Color lighter in the HH.  Both nose light, not really smelling the 100 proof on either. I added 2 drops of water to each. The HH tastes lighter, less strong for 100 proof. It is a bit smoother than EW. EW has a bigger flavor, you taste the 100 proof more, and is a tiny bit less smooth than HH

I paid 12 something for EW and 10 for the HH. I give a SLIGHT edge to HH. But for the low price both are really good. Nothing can touch either in this price point. If there is, please let me know!  And unless you travel to Kentucky, EW should be your choice. 

image.jpg

Really enjoying my one and only bottle of WT13 tonight. Yeah, it's not as good as the 12yr old bottles from days gone by, and it's 91 proof instead of 101, but the unmistakable WT flavors are all there and working well for me.

• I like it 1

Having some more ECBP B517. I'd really like to find some C917 to compare. Wasn't a huge fan of A117 (even though I've still got a couple in the bunker) but really like B517. It's ALMOST up to earlier batches 11 and 12. Still have a couple of each of those in the bunker as well.

On 1/20/2018 at 8:00 PM, Saul_cooperstein said:

2oz pour of ORVW (and same for my dad in town for a quick visit) at bar in Los Angeles for reasonable price of $12/oz...life is good. 

I hate venturing into LA but I’m pretty fed up with my local bar. They have the 10 year at $65 for a 1.5 oz pour, 12 is something like 80, Birthday bourbon is $60 etc. In fact they buy up everything our bevmo gets, so there’s nothing left for us consumers and they sell it at that price. I do work in LA so before the trek home one day I’ll need to stop.

Tonight I’m finishing off a Rittenhouse and having a pour of McCarthy’s single malt. It’s an old bottle from 2008 I found in the back of the cabinet and it is actually quite tasty

My son, myself and a couple of other guys did the Angels Envy tour on Saturday.  While there we got to taste their regular finished bourbon.  I'm not a huge fan of finished bourbons but I also got a chance to taste some CS (around 130 proof) that hadn't gone into a cask for finishing yet.  IF Angels Envy ever decides to offer a CS non finished bourbon I'll be one of the first in line to buy a bottle.

After the tour we went to one of the guys houses where the ladies were preparing a gourmet meal.  It was taking a while to get the food done so we retired to his basement for some sampling.  We did AE Rye, an Irish Whiskey (don't remember what brand), Basil Hayden Dark Rye and maybe some others, I'm not sure.  

While at dinner Sunday afternoon I had a pour of KC Rye.

I'm late posting but Saturday night my wife and I went to a Mardi Gras Ball and I snuck some bourbon in. WLW, OFBB '17, and 4R OBSQ. All bottles were freshly opened, and less then 1/2 of each made it out.

had a lot of fun sharing the bourbon. It was interesting watching people that are "bourbon drinkers" taste barrel proof bourbon for the first time. The bad part is now I have several people wanting WLW next year.....

• I like it 1

5 hours ago, CardsandBourbon said:

IF Angels Envy ever decides to offer a CS non finished bourbon I'll be one of the first in line to buy a bottle.

Though I can't remember if it's going to be cask strength, I can tell you that they do plan to release an unfinished bourbon. It will be under a different label/brand however as the Angel's Envy name is for only finished products.

On 1/21/2018 at 5:53 PM, GeeTen said:

FB_IMG_1516665704162.jpg

Edited by Clueby
  • I like it 1

Enjoying one of the great under appreciated bourbons this evening - Russell's Reserve 10yr.

It had been a while since I cracked one of these.

• I like it 2

FB_IMG_1516665704162.thumb.jpg.cc7edd35a095ac98c53775e8845f9172.jpg

Pretty sure even people in Dallas on this map are routing for there hated NFC East rivals over the Pats.

Looks like@LCwoody and @flathute had a much better weeken whiskey lineup than I did.

I did have a nice anniversary dinner with the wife, had a split Bone marrow appetizer and did a shot of BT from the bone, which was nice.

Pic for reference, wife took video but no way I post here.

f4e13362502e943f11b51e82c07a721a.jpg

6 hours ago, HoustonNit said:

Pretty sure even people in Dallas on this map are routing for there hated NFC East rivals over the Pats.

Yeah, all this winning is getting really, really boring . . . . . . . . :P

Looks like[mention=7809]LCwoody[/mention] and @flathute had a much better weeken whiskey lineup than I did.

I did have a nice anniversary dinner with the wife, had a split Bone marrow appetizer and did a shot of BT from the bone, which was nice.

Pic for reference, wife took video but no way I post here.

f4e13362502e943f11b51e82c07a721a.jpg
Thought this was Anthony Bourdain

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

20 minutes ago, newmennium said:

Thought this was Anthony Bourdain

Me too!  Maybe 'Nit IS Tony B.???  :ph34r:

• I like it 1

7 hours ago, HoustonNit said:

Confirmed...

8 hours ago, Clueby said:

FB_IMG_1516665704162.jpg

Hmmm . . .  Dallas Cowboys and Washington Redskins supporters rooting for the Pats but no New York Giants fans?  Figures - now I don't have to listen to all the Tom Coughlin fans anymore!  And so much for "America's Team".  Did they even make the playoffs this year, let alone win a playoff game?    :lol:

Edited by GeeTen
  • I like it 1

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.