What Bourbon Are You Enjoying (Winter 2017)

CardsandBourbon
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Moved onto EWSB 2003. EWSB is the bottle that got my "bourbon juices" flowing.  It had it all:  complexity, Single Barrel, nice packaging, great price point.  I loved it.  I have cases bunkered.  Alas, today EWSB is a shadow of it's former self.  :-((

Next up SAOS SiB 103 Proof

• I like it 2

Finished a bottle of GBS 1792 FP, I have more than enjoyed every drop, glad there are more in le bunker as it is a favorite.

Is it a French bunker?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • I like it 2

3 hours ago, BigRich said:

Is it a French bunker?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oui, its behind French doors so...

Edited by kcgumbohead
Addition
  • I like it 1

Stagg Jr. batch 8. It has been in a decanter now for about 4 months, and the decanter is now about half empty/full.  I do not think there is a better bourbon at it’s retail price out there. 

I'm enjoying some wsr and 4r ps obsv. Next up will be either some saos or bookers. Trying to figure out which pairs well with Chinese food lol. Celebrating my wifes birthday.

Sent from my STV100-3 using Tapatalk

• I like it 1

Had my first taste of JB Distiller’s Cut. Found a bottle for $23 and took it to a friend’s house. It was good, especially for the price. It had a slight harshness to it that went away after a few sips. Pretty decent finish. This is a good value. 

Having a very good glass of Stagg Jr. (131.9). Hats off to BT for putting out a great bourbon that you can pick up anywhere and for a good price.

• I like it 1

2 minutes ago, LCWoody said:

Having a very good glass of Stagg Jr. (131.9). Hats off to BT for putting out a great bourbon that you can pick up anywhere and for a good price.

It's still a little tough to find here in AZ.

I need to add a bottle of this to my stash

Cheers!

1 minute ago, LCWoody said:

While it's availability is better than even a year ago I wouldn't say you can pick it up anywhere. In a 50 to 75 mile radius there is probably onnly a handful of places I could find it..and probably only a couple of those  that would sell it for under $80.  I do know where I CAN get it regularly for retail though so I do agree it's a great value.

1 minute ago, Clueby said:

While it's availability is better than even a year ago I wouldn't say you can pick it up anywhere. In a 50 to 75 mile radius there is probably onnly a handful of places I could find it..and probably only a couple of those  that would sell it for under $80.  I do know where I CAN get it regularly for retail though so I do agree it's a great value.

I know supply varies from state to state, I guess I'm a little spoiled down here. We normally get cases of every batch and they range from $50 to $55. 

I've been having a few various pours since Friday. Friday evening, it was a very impromptu sbs of EW BIB and HH 6 BIB. Yesterday, it was a couple of pours from a newly purchased bottle of CR Bourbon Mash. This evening it's Weller 12.  

Biba! Joe

1 hour ago, LCWoody said:

I know supply varies from state to state, I guess I'm a little spoiled down here. We normally get cases of every batch and they range from $50 to $55. 

Where I get it it's usually $45 to $50..But never seen CASES of it anywhere!!  Two to four bottles is max I've seen in one place.  I was stocking it for a long time but not adding to it anymore. I'll drink down the 3 or 4 I have on hand first.

• I like it 1

It has gotten easier to find and is available in quite a few stores now. I could always find it fairly regularly at a few stores for around $50, but the number of stores with it available have increased substantially over the past year, but some of them price it at $60 to $70, so I'd say availability is still tight but definitely getting better.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm up in Canada for a ski vacation and stopped buy the local bottle shop to grab some bourbon to sip while sitting near the fireplace.  I was happy to find bottles of Buffalo Trace next to the limited supply of Jack, Beam while label, etc.  So drinking some BT now - costs $40 canadian up here.

Cheers............

2 hours ago, Bourbon Fanatic said:

A good 4R pick from a local bourbon club - Arizona bourbon society.

IMG_1644.thumb.JPG.5c6e4531d5b60e91eebb0f6a1bfab741.JPG

Cheers!

OESV with some age on it...yummm...

• I like it 1

2 hours ago, lcpfratn said:

It has gotten easier to find and is available in quite a few stores now. I could always find it fairly regularly at a few stores for around $50, but the number of stores with it available have increased substantially over the past year, but some of them price it at $60 to $70, so I'd say availability is still tight but definitely getting better.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I saw it over the weekend for $90 a bottle. An easy pass for me

On 1/23/2018 at 10:16 AM, kemosabe said:

Had a tasting the other night at a pal's place.  The main takeaway = there's a big difference between good bourbon & bad bourbon.  My favorite was the 4R OESK, worst tasting was the JR Ewing.  Nothing like using a bucket of KFC to cleanse the palate.

The only reasons to buy the JR Ewing bourbon are if you were a fan of the show and/or you like the shape of the bottle.

D9D1D42A-F147-43E6-8DFC-C1C81717B808.thumb.jpeg.7244e06899527abcb7f638fecec5b268.jpeg

Didn’t score last year’s WLW, not complaining, I’ve been blessed so far with the limited edition. So I’m finishing this bottle to cheer me up and it’s working just fine. 

Cheers yall 

Will. 

• I like it 3

Loving this oldie that was purchased a while back. Need to return to see if any are left. Reminds me of birthday bourbon.... not quite as good but since one of them is not available to me...

20180129_182237.jpg

Some JTS Brown BIB while watching some sing-along songs with my toddler son before bedtime (I may need another pour or two)

1517276022667588974795.jpg

Edited by Jfletchgu
  • I like it 1

This will help get me through The Bachelor. What can I say, the show’s awful, but I sit through it bc the future Misses puts up with my less than desirable nonsense on occasion. 

07AAC110-BDB4-4F71-8A04-E56C08918AF9.jpeg

• I like it 2

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.