What Bourbon Are You Enjoying (Winter 2017)

CardsandBourbon
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

2 hours ago, GeeTen said:

Huh?   :huh:

You call yourself a Patriots fan and you don’t get the 18-1* reference? Fair weather fan! Try googling this: helmet catch. :D

PS - yes, I am a Giants fan. My dad had season tickets and started bringing me in 1976. 

1 hour ago, Whiskeythink.com said:

No, didnt get to try that. 

Heres a couple pix of Brent. It was kinda nice to be in his lab & have him say "So, what do you guys wanna try?"

20180123_145645.jpg

20180123_150640.jpg

That's pretty cool, i would have asked him to taste the 2012 small batch ;-)) 

Will.

• I like it 1

14 minutes ago, Charlutz said:

You call yourself a Patriots fan and you don’t get the 18-1* reference? Fair weather fan! Try googling this: helmet catch. :D

PS - yes, I am a Giants fan. My dad had season tickets and started bringing me in 1976. 

Ha - I thought you'd be a Redskins fan, being from Maryland and all.  So the New York Football Giants got two (2) lucky passes off - should I hate the Giants forever and say they cheated???????  No, I can put losses behind me and move on.  But lately I just wonder where the NYGs are after December . . . . .   :lol:

And I thought you were a nice guy, Charlie!   But no hard feelings (heh, heh).  :D

Edited by GeeTen

1 hour ago, GeeTen said:

Ha - I thought you'd be a Redskins fan, being from Maryland and all.  So the New York Football Giants got two (2) lucky passes off - should I hate the Giants forever and say they cheated???????  No, I can put losses behind me and move on.  But lately I just wonder where the NYGs are after December . . . . .   :lol:

And I thought you were a nice guy, Charlie!   But no hard feelings (heh, heh).  :D

Well, I live in Maryland but I am from New York. Cheated? That would be a new one. Giants outplayed the Pats in both 2007 and 2011. The better team won both of those games. 

We’re a distant third/fourth to Pats/Steelers/Niners all time achievements in super bowl records, but it’s been fun being a Giants fan. No complaints here. It hasn’t hurt that the Pats have played in the worst division in the NFL and had a cakewalk to a first round playoff bye or home game every year since 2001. 

Oh, and I had some W12 last night to get back on track and to stop annoying everyone else with blah blah off topic. Sorry! :huh:

2 hours ago, Masset1982 said:

That's pretty cool, i would have asked him to taste the 2012 small batch ;-)) 

Will.

Not the 2012, but here is last fall's lab bottle of 2017 Small Batch LE. He said he's working on blending the 2018. Said he has done 118 trial blends for it, but still has much work to decide what he's gonna put in there.

20180123_154400.jpg

• I like it 1

30 minutes ago, Whiskeythink.com said:

Not the 2012, but here is last fall's lab bottle of 2017 Small Batch LE. He said he's working on blending the 2018. Said he has done 118 trial blends for it, but still has much work to decide what he's gonna put in there.

20180123_154400.jpg

How did you like the 2017 ? i'm loving it. Great experience, drinking whiskey with the master distiller of 4R, i would love to do this. 

Will.

Another one that i’m really enjoying. 

Cheers! 

Will.

4C77235B-5A54-4D2D-AE51-9EF7022FD8DB.jpeg

Edited by Masset1982
  • I like it 2

Having a wee dram of Blanton's Gold tonite after getting another bottle to put in the bunker (a first "N" - yea!).  Need it for ballroom dancing tonite with SWMBO and the "Ladies Who Lunch."   :lol:

This may be my favorite barrel proofer. 
99F41744-2A8A-455B-ADA6-F2F2D571E2BA.thumb.jpeg.05ac9b64bf571a650faf4d1fc5e7c190.jpeg
Batch 9 is incredible! Wish I could compare to the previous batches...

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

• I like it 1

22 minutes ago, newmennium said:

Batch 9 is incredible! Wish I could compare to the previous batches...

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

What is the proof on batch 9? I just picked up a bottle today.

53 minutes ago, Daveheelga said:

What is the proof on batch 9? I just picked up a bottle today.

I know this isn't bourbon, but I just stumbled upon an article talking about the "Northern Border Collection Rare Release" some Canadian distilleries are getting really serious in releasing really good whiskeys. I think it's our answer to the btac releases. I got this 100% rye 12 year old cask strength by lot 40. They have other products that are 18, 20 and 35 years old.

This is really good! If any of you have tasted crown royal northern havest rye or Pikesville, I think you'll like this. The flavors are more bold! I'm getting hints of apple which is weird. It's very smooth and not really spicy at all. 1bc0c2e0ff7a7dc847c848f18db15f73.jpg

Sent from my STV100-3 using Tapatalk

• I like it 1

Enjoying a pour of HMK10. I get a chocolate note on quite a few of the bottles I've bought. I just opened an ECBP and I'm actually enjoying the HMK10 more, granted the HMK10 has been opened for a while.

The shop that picked this bottle up and closed. Sad to see. I like this WTKS pick. 

8C3F9221-E44E-485C-ABBF-3A8D425992C5.jpeg

I haven't enjoyed anything in the past couple of weeks.  I'm getting a knee replacement on the 30th and I don't want my numbers to be off the charts when I get the blood work done on Saturday. [emoji3]

Good luck on your knee replacement. I have had both of mine done in the past year. Ended up with a blood clot it the first knee which was done feb 23 last year. And the other was done November 10.
Therapy is a huge part of the recovery. I don’t think I had a bourbon or scotch for at least 8 weeks after each surgery.
But boy did I enjoy it when I could later on!!!
Best of luck again

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • I like it 1

11 hours ago, Whiskeythink.com said:

20180123_154400.jpg

I thought I saw a bottle Mariage from that visit.

11 hours ago, Masset1982 said:

Another one that i’m really enjoying. 

Cheers! 

Will.

4C77235B-5A54-4D2D-AE51-9EF7022FD8DB.jpeg

This is truly an enjoyable pour.  I need to purchase another one of these. 

Cheers

• I like it 1

4 hours ago, reeko said:

I know this isn't bourbon, but I just stumbled upon an article talking about the "Northern Border Collection Rare Release" some Canadian distilleries are getting really serious in releasing really good whiskeys. I think it's our answer to the btac releases. I got this 100% rye 12 year old cask strength by lot 40. They have other products that are 18, 20 and 35 years old.

This is really good! If any of you have tasted crown royal northern havest rye or Pikesville, I think you'll like this. The flavors are more bold! I'm getting hints of apple which is weird. It's very smooth and not really spicy at all. 1bc0c2e0ff7a7dc847c848f18db15f73.jpg

If you know this isn’t bourbon, why post it n bourbon thread?  (Confused...)

6 hours ago, BigPapa said:

Good luck on your knee replacement. I have had both of mine done in the past year. Ended up with a blood clot it the first knee which was done feb 23 last year. And the other was done November 10.
Therapy is a huge part of the recovery. I don’t think I had a bourbon or scotch for at least 8 weeks after each surgery.
But boy did I enjoy it when I could later on!!!
Best of luck again

Thanks for the kind wishes BP. I hope the clot has been taken care of.  And I'm curious, you back to running marathons now? :D

If you know this isn’t bourbon, why post it n bourbon thread?  (Confused...)
I know some people like Thomas handy or sazerac rye and mention it here. So I thought some might be interested in this, if they wanted to look for it. Next time I'll post it somewhere else.

Finished a bottle of GBS 1792 FP, I have more than enjoyed every drop, glad there are more in le bunker as it is a favorite.

Having some Henry McKenna single barrel while watching my  neighbors practice roping. 

I’m cooking some ribeyes and Boudin on the pit. 

1C8D65F3-6BB9-4B26-892B-54023C012D83.thumb.jpeg.a0d3eaf1b2d682177e0a32ddb078a57f.jpeg0E9F7ED3-E8EE-4895-BC88-A234C05210D9.thumb.jpeg.a2a399f6636b4eab1376aef890d26d02.jpeg

• I like it 1

Had some Barrell Bourbon Single Barrel 7B38. 9 year 6 month, 133.7 proof from Third Base. It's quite good, drinks less than the proof would indicate, really nice mouthfeel, and a good finish that isn't too dominated by the Dickel multi-vitamin minerality. Quite enjoyable.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.