What Bourbon Did You Purchase Today (Winter 2017

CardsandBourbon
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

3 hours ago, Tony Santana said:

My wife got me the Jack Daniel Sinatra as a Valentine Days gift.  Yes, I believe its a bourbon.  No, I won't debate it.

Correct!

• I like it 1

I was lucky enough to pick up a bottle of EC18 from my local purveyor here in Ohio.  It was $130 before tax....this use to be a daily drinker for me 6-7 years ago when you could always find it on the shelf here for under $60. 

MM PS from Specs, ECBP C917, & Belle Meade SiB 10yr in College Station, TX.  MM PS is very nice (110.2pf) at a good price.  Admiring the other two (2) bottles for  now.    :lol:

• I like it 1

On 2/13/2018 at 10:49 AM, VAGentleman said:

Yeah around me they had the C917 in the ABC's.  Although I did see a random B locally at the same time.  I'm guessing they had a few A and B's in the Richmond warehouse and sent them out with this latest batch

Well I did find a A118 around town this week and got one of those as well.

Got an OWA for $29. Very nice price for Boston. These were the bottles I passed on 3 months ago, and they are still there. I think that's because it's a poor grad student neighborhood.

This is also my second repeat purchase in 7 years.

• I like it 1

I married well. My wife was in Tallahassee on a field trip with my daughter. She is sick as a dog and on her way home she stopped at Market Square Liquors fo pick up a few store picks for me. I met the their Barrel tasting team in Bardstown about three years ago while on a distillery tour. Great guys and they likely have the best liquor store in Florida for a bourbon drinker. 

2B6DE339-CEF8-4647-B354-3D0F3CE47C74.jpeg

• I like it 4

On 2/15/2018 at 1:58 PM, GeeTen said:

MM PS from Specs, ECBP C917, & Belle Meade SiB 10yr in College Station, TX.  MM PS is very nice (110.2pf) at a good price.  Admiring the other two (2) bottles for  now.    :lol:

Local grocery chain got their MM PS in recently. It's 112.x proof. Going for $70 which seemed a bit steep. What's it going for there?

8 hours ago, Clueby said:

Local grocery chain got their MM PS in recently. It's 112.x proof. Going for $70 which seemed a bit steep. What's it going for there?

"Friendly" price after chatting up the store manager about bourbon for 20+ minutes was $53.63 + tax (!?!).  IIRC, the State of Texas got 8% maybe?    :wacko:

FYI, Belle Meade 10yr SiB was $57.99 and the ECBP C917 was $53.86 before taxes ($13.65 for all 3 bottles - I'm too tired from our Chinese New Year's banquet last night to figure out the rate, sorry).    I thought the prices were more than fair.   :D

Edited by GeeTen

7 hours ago, Cornfed12 said:

In Chicago for the weekend wanting to know about any good stores near mt prospect 

There is probably a Binny’s near there. They usually have a huge selection. 

Edited by Whiskey Lullaby
  • I like it 1

10 hours ago, Clueby said:

I think $70 is generally around the going rate that I've seen for MMPS

Bought a Stagg Jr. batch 9 for $60 to see what the fuss is about and if it’s better than other batches. 

Passed on OWA at $80 at a store that has some deals but has fully embraced secondary pricing (and then some) on stuff people ask for. Knowing that Weller had hit the distributor, however, I stopped in a local where I have a good relationship and asked. Owner pulled an OWA from behind the counter for me @ $35. Also grabbed some duclaw hell on wood barrel finished barley wine, Goose Island bourbon county stout and some proseco for the wife while I was there. 

15 hours ago, Whiskeythink.com said:

Found this collecting dust in a small store. Bottled in '09.

20180216_150511.jpg

Nice find!

18 hours ago, BB Slim said:

I married well. My wife was in Tallahassee on a field trip with my daughter. She is sick as a dog and on her way home she stopped at Market Square Liquors fo pick up a few store picks for me. I met the their Barrel tasting team in Bardstown about three years ago while on a distillery tour. Great guys and they likely have the best liquor store in Florida for a bourbon drinker. 

2B6DE339-CEF8-4647-B354-3D0F3CE47C74.jpeg

I’m through Tally about once a year, I’ll have to check out. M

Nice age on the OBSF. 

Shopping day! ;) I didn't want to waste a trip, so I figured I had to buy something since my store sold out of their ps BT.  I saw all the positive comments here about Stagg Jr Batch #9, so that's what came home with me today. :D

Biba! Joe

sjr9.jpeg

• I like it 1

I grabbed a 1.75 of WT101 for $29.99, a 375 of MMCS for $19.99, and a 750 of Ezra Brooks bourbon cream for $11.99. I’m excited to try the MMCS based on what others have said. The other two just couldn’t be passed up on based on the pricing. 

• I like it 1

EC C917. Finally. One of the smaller liquor stores I go to just happened to have a bottle. I am taste testing A, B, and C tonight. 

• I like it 2

2 hours ago, fishnbowljoe said:

Shopping day! ;) I didn't want to waste a trip, so I figured I had to buy something since my store sold out of their ps BT.  I saw all the positive comments here about Stagg Jr Batch #9, so that's what came home with me today. :D

Biba! Joe

sjr9.jpeg

Damn sweet!  Cannot wait to hear what you think of it.

Found two dusties today, only one being bourbon, a Wild Turkey 8 year. I also found a bottle of Cutty Sark 12 year from the 60s or 70s for $18 and I felt like that would be fun enough to try at that price.

• I like it 1

12 hours ago, Charlutz said:

Bought a Stagg Jr. batch 9 for $60 to see what the fuss is about and if it’s better than other batches. 

Passed on OWA at $80 at a store that has some deals but has fully embraced secondary pricing (and then some) on stuff people ask for. Knowing that Weller had hit the distributor, however, I stopped in a local where I have a good relationship and asked. Owner pulled an OWA from behind the counter for me @ $35. Also grabbed some duclaw hell on wood barrel finished barley wine, Goose Island bourbon county stout and some proseco for the wife while I was there. 

I really love Hell on Wood, has been super underrated for years now but hits in my sweet spot.

Friend of a friend bought a barrel of Bowman. Haven’t had it but my buddy says it is pretty solid. 

779AD5FA-254E-4BD1-A24C-5C894CBEB4EA.jpeg

• I like it 2

Found an ECBP A118 today - I've been having FAR better luck finding stuff down here (and in Memphis) than I ever did in KY....

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.