What Bourbon Did You Purchase Today (Winter 2017

CardsandBourbon
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

7 hours ago, 0895 said:

Fyi.

Coming to visit you for Christmas.

Thx for letting me know  :-))) I'll crack one tonight, can't wait. 

Will. 

22 hours ago, Golferpimp1 said:

Ok I’ll go first. Finally had some time to hunt around the new town. Found a great new local store spent about 45 min in there talking with the owner. He had several store pics one of which was an awesome barrel bourbon pick. However I️ wasn’t ready yet to drop 89 on it. I️ did manage to come home with these below. I️ think he has another ec pick coming this week or next as well.
1b17384d45c788b3af773fe1f72b437e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Did you find that w12 in Tulsa? Haven't seen any in OK in a while

Picked up a Jim Beam Distiller's Cut.  Because it's probably the best value in the entire Beam portfolio (other than those one-off $25 Knob Creek)

While visiting family in NC this week I picked up a 1792 BiB, a Toasted Rye Michters and also an E.H. Taylor small batch. I got all of them at MSRP since NC only has state prices. 

• I like it 1

1 hour ago, Dango said:

Couldnt resist for 85.00, turned a previous offer down on this one for 98.00. Hope it’s good. 

643B170C-1875-4687-B146-E717F660EEA3.thumb.jpeg.626641cd2d3f1b7304a1da3b4f53051b.jpeg

Never disappoints me....

• I like it 1

Had to pick up some last minute stuff and decided to stop and maybe pick up a bottle for my niece's husband who is starting to get into bourbon. Found this which was barreled on 10/14/04. So it's 13 year. Picked one up for him and for myself . . .
Signed by Fred Noe. Merry Christmas to me.
c2bfe5eea144dfa61fd1374c10f1f78a.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G750A using Tapatalk

• I like it 4

Picked up a couple EC store pics for $26 bucks a piece, a WSR for $22, JB Distiller's Cut, for $21, and 1792SMB for $25. 5 solid bottles for $120 bucks, can't beat that!

I don't know who this Cask Strength Society is but they tend to have some good picks here in the Garden State, this is no exception.

IMG_20171222_221237660.jpg

6 hours ago, Dango said:

Couldnt resist for 85.00, turned a previous offer down on this one for 98.00. Hope it’s good. 

643B170C-1875-4687-B146-E717F660EEA3.thumb.jpeg.626641cd2d3f1b7304a1da3b4f53051b.jpeg

It's good - I'm having a dram of it right now!  But you paid a bit much for it, sorry.   :ph34r:

20 minutes ago, GeeTen said:

But you paid a bit much for it, sorry.   :ph34r:

HWMWND is 100+tax here in High West's home state of Utah, so I'd say $85 is ok. 

I really, really liked the ps handle of BT that I bought a while back. So I picked up another one this afternoon. ^_^  As Kevin stated in his post earlier, Merry Xmas to me! :D

Biba! Joe

btx.jpeg

Gotten lucky lately with some harder to find mid-shelf bottles. OWA, Weller SR, Blanton’s, Four Roses 2017 small batch, and a Makers Mark Private Select, all at MSRP or slightly below. These days, I really don’t need much more

• I like it 1

Stopped into Total Wine to pick up some beer, and wandered over to the bourbon aisle. Decided I would look for an OF 1920, as I wanted a backup for my backup. Seemed to be out, but I decided to dig into the Statesmen and 1897 or whatever other OF varieties were there, and lo and behold, there was a lone 1920 mixed in there.

As to 1920, I had thought it was supposed to be something of a regular release, but supply has definitely whittled down here in NJ. I think it is an outstanding release in the sub-$60 category, and one worth bunkering a few.

9 hours ago, GeeTen said:

It's good - I'm having a dram of it right now!  But you paid a bit much for it, sorry.   :ph34r:

That was about my max price price to pay for it. I'm sure I paid a bit over MSRP, but I'm ok with that. For me its not always about the bargain. :D

Hope you enjoyed your dram as much as I did.

9 minutes ago, Dango said:

That was about my max price price to pay for it. I'm sure I paid a bit over MSRP, but I'm ok with that. For me its not always about the bargain. :D

Hope you enjoyed your dram as much as I did.

$85 isn't bad at all, I would say the average price in NJ is around $95, Some stores are as high as $125 and if your lucky you can find one for $70 apparently, but most non gouging stores are $85 or $89.

My new rule..... 4 empties before 1 bottle purchased unless some rare/limited offering.  My bunker is way too big, help!

Seems pretty solid. Can be hard when store X finally gets in that barrel selection, or you somehow unexpectedly win the store lottery or all crap is that a $30 bottle of W12, can't say no to do that.

6 minutes ago, HoustonNit said:

Seems pretty solid. Can be hard when store X finally gets in that barrel selection, or you somehow unexpectedly win the store lottery or all crap is that a $30 bottle of W12, can't say no to do that.

Then that would fall under the rare/limited offering clause that he specified. ;)

1 hour ago, kevinbrink said:

$85 isn't bad at all, I would say the average price in NJ is around $95, Some stores are as high as $125 and if your lucky you can find one for $70 apparently, but most non gouging stores are $85 or $89.

I just paid $99 but have been trying to get this sucker for 3 years. Never shows up here but entered a lottery in FL and got the opportunity to throw some money at this one.

On 12/21/2017 at 10:24 PM, Paddy said:

Am I missing something here?  :huh:

My (admittedly) limited math ability is telling me that this would have been 14 years and two months old in January of '18.  :o

Screenshot_2017-12-23-09-25-17.png

I just paid $99 but have been trying to get this sucker for 3 years. Never shows up here but entered a lottery in FL and got the opportunity to throw some money at this one.

It showed up here a few weeks ago for the first time according to most of the stores I've talked to about it. I was able to get a bottle at two different stores, and they cost me $99 each as well.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Then that would fall under the rare/limited offering clause that he specified. [emoji6]

This seems to happen pretty often. The oh crap been looking for that.
  • I like it 1

58 minutes ago, lcpfratn said:

It showed up here a few weeks ago for the first time according to most of the stores I've talked to about it. I was able to get a bottle at two different stores, and they cost me $99 each as well.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Are you in Memphis or Franklin?  

4 hours ago, jeffrey r said:

Stopped into Total Wine to pick up some beer, and wandered over to the bourbon aisle. Decided I would look for an OF 1920, as I wanted a backup for my backup. Seemed to be out, but I decided to dig into the Statesmen and 1897 or whatever other OF varieties were there, and lo and behold, there was a lone 1920 mixed in there.

As to 1920, I had thought it was supposed to be something of a regular release, but supply has definitely whittled down here in NJ. I think it is an outstanding release in the sub-$60 category, and one worth bunkering a few.

I would go ahead and give the 1897 a try.  I've got a bottle and really like it.  Also have a bottle of Statesman and while not as good as 1897 or 1920 it holds its own for an under 100 proof pour.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.