What Bourbon Did You Purchase Today (Winter 2017

CardsandBourbon
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

13 hours ago, GeeTen said:

It's good - I'm having a dram of it right now!  But you paid a bit much for it, sorry.   :ph34r:

Yeah you are the only person that can say thst with your insane prices! Ha.  It was $90 to $110 here. I bought mine in Chicago burbs for $80 but tax took it to $90. I did get another bottle given to me though so can't beat  that price.

TW had a few bottles for $65.99 OTD and I bought 3 from 3 different stores. Found a bunch on the shelves of a store in Rhode Island @ $74.99 OTD (no tax on hooch down there either. Bought a bunch but left some for others.  Passed on the $84.99 bottles available at other local Mass packies, tho'.  

I know, not that unusual, but have not had it and never seen it around here before.

Into BIB so looking forward to it!

image.jpg

• I like it 2

15 minutes ago, cdcdguy said:

I know, not that unusual, but have not had it and never seen it around here before.

Into BIB so looking forward to it!

image.jpg

Report back what you think... ive heard its hit or miss. Mine was a miss..  all peanutz.

Are you in Memphis or Franklin?  

I live in the Memphis area.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, FasterHorses said:

Report back what you think... ive heard its hit or miss. Mine was a miss..  all peanutz.

Will try tonight and report back. I am not sure if I will find all peanuts appealing or not.

1 hour ago, Government Beard said:

A Christmas gift...to myself

IMG_0508.thumb.JPG.3d75a2cca7a5e457c13e613e77292507.JPG

Please let me know how that is, I've been contemplating buying a bottle from my local LS. I hope all is well.

Cheers!

• I like it 1

Tennessee - we'll see how it is

I️ tried a TN single barrel store pick at my local and it was fantastic. I️ was certainly skeptical walking in but was incredibly surprised. I️ wasn’t ready to drop 89 on it at the moment but may go back at some point.

• I like it 1

Not necessarily a "purchase" but I traded with a local bourbon fanatic I met at a lottery...

I traded (1) W12 and (1) OWA107 for (1) RHF and (1) ETL.

He told me he is the BIGGEST Weller fan and came up with the trade terms.

RHF is my favorite pour and anything MB#2 is amazing IMO.

I know who I think got the better deal (he seems to think he got the steal and I seem to think I got the steal, so I guess it was a great trade regardless) - what do y'all think?

IMG_1522.thumb.JPG.9a609d2bb34dd900b04ee9fa529130f5.JPG

Cheers!

• I like it 3

10 minutes ago, Golferpimp1 said:

I️ tried a TN single barrel store pick at my local and it was fantastic. I️ was certainly skeptical walking in but was incredibly surprised. I️ wasn’t ready to drop 89 on it at the moment but may go back at some point.

This makes me pretty damn ready to crack this open today or tomorrow night. Your bottle still around?

huzzah!

Not necessarily a "purchase" but I traded with a local bourbon fanatic I met at a lottery...

I know who I think got the better deal (he seems to think he got the steal and I seem to think I got the steal, so I guess it was a great trade regardless) - what do y'all think?

Cheers!

On here most would say you got the better deal me included, off here people are paying and trading crazy stuff for W12 and even OWA. Heck this guy needs to get with me if he's looking for OWA.
  • I like it 1

15 minutes ago, Bourbon Fanatic said:

Cheers!

My opinion - good deal on both sides

• I like it 2

Sometimes the big box stores come though.

Yesterday, I stopped in TW to buy some beer and the assistant manager who know me by now reaches behind the counter and pulls out an OWA for me.

Then this morning, I heard that one of the Bevmo's had some BTAC for sale online. I figured it must be a glitch since those are long gone but said what the heck and went through the exercise. Stagg and WLW wouldn't go into the cart but a Handy did. I completed the transaction and a little while later got the confirmation it was ready for pickup. Huh....it actually worked.

Couldn't get a confirmation on why there was suddenly a few bottles left but it sounds like they're ones that didn't get picked up from absentee raffle wins.

• I like it 3

Last stop of the day and went into the other packie in town that I normally do not frequent. Was mainly looking for Buffalo Cream for the wife. Got that and my very first bottle of Weller. 

09773928-6CD3-41F7-A2A8-F1C2D6BAF030.jpeg

Came back to my small hometown in Michigan and stopped in a couple shops I usually try visit when home and came across ECBP @$59.99. It came home with me. I left one on the shelf. Even though it was $5 more than the bottle I found in Chicago, it still came out to about the same total price because of the high Chicago liquor tax.  B517 batch btw

Edited by JSpartan

Got this today on the trip back home to GA. $36 each on the Saz

u9IZpRZ.jpg

Edited by Cigars&Bourbon

21 hours ago, FasterHorses said:

McKenna 10 year.Thought it was quite nice. Did not find it overly peanut. Very smooth, well balanced. Not amazing but real nice. Will buy again. Mine was barrel 3188. You may want to give it another go. Nice for 32.00.

Edited by cdcdguy

36 minutes ago, cdcdguy said:

McKenna 10 year.Thought it was quite nice. Did not find it overly peanut. Very smooth, well balanced. Not amazing but real nice. Will buy again. Mine was barrel 3188. You may want to give it another go. Nice for 32.00.

Thanks for the notes .. I was really looking forward to mine when I got it. Probably had too high of expectations..ended up giving half the bottle away. Glad you got a good bottle. 

1 minute ago, FasterHorses said:

Thanks for the notes .. I was really looking forward to mine when I got it. Probably had too high of expectations..ended up giving half the bottle away. Glad you got a good bottle. 

Well I must say I am a huge fan of BIBs. This one is nice in my opinion.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.