What Bourbon Did You Purchase Today (Winter 2017

CardsandBourbon
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

On 12/29/2017 at 2:34 AM, Kepler said:

Is that old liqueur still good to drink? 

I don't see why not, as long as the seal is intact, and the fill level is good.

Edited by Richnimrod
  • I like it 1

10 hours ago, FasterHorses said:

Looking forward to it..gotta get scoped first ..but after that I hope

Ooooooh, never any fun; but hopefully all is well, and a quick return to enjoying this hobby is in the offing for you.

16 hours ago, Hop said:

You know I’ve had about enough of your comments like the one above. This just happens to be the first time it’s been directed at me. As a group this forum is pretty well self policing with the exception of you. Maybe it’s time a review of your past posts was done...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's hilarious. Was reading the thread without paying attention to the posters and knew D.C. Fan made the post.  He is much more concerned with others journey through the bourbon hobby than his own. Why I have no idea.  As much as I disagree with him on everything he post,  it's his opinion and has a right to it .  Won't argue he comes off like an ass, but If he calls you out for bunkering a bottle who cares, 90% of us do the same thing.  Don't get D.C. kicked out of the club.... Superman needs his Lex Luther.

• I like it 1

Just got these today!

IMG_1534.thumb.JPG.9c3273c43109d2b551b9f784f8db6fcc.JPG

And yes, it was bottled by Sarah B)

Cheers!

Edited by Bourbon Fanatic
  • I like it 6

Grabbed a couple of Jim Beam Distiller's Cut after having sampled my Dad's and thinking it was pretty damn tasty!  Hoping to get some other thoughts on it this afternoon from folx whose palates work better than mine :)  

Scored a 1792 BIB.     .....The same stuff we tried at the Gazebo, courtesy of a lad that worked on the Barton bottling line, late one night in September.    Then we were screwed out of it by the gift shop who apparently had ONE CASE to sell the following morning after the lad told us his understanding was that as many as 1,000 cases were to be made available to the gift shop the next day (or maybe it was 1,000 bottles?).     Anyway, I'd given up seeing any a couple months ago.

I'll open it and taste it in a day or two.

I'll post my impressions here after I try it.    (At the Gazebo, everybody that tried it thought it was quite good.)

Edited by Richnimrod
  • I like it 1

1 hour ago, ondarocks said:

My wife got these for me last weekend. :-) AF1QipOgCdjKlhQsd44PIxF-n6-n82zALG7zdx_rP1Wu=s512-p-qv=pnn5gsh880h9hp040rchpo03kn8vgl6qm,m=92e9d47510fc419b473f83414677270a,x=,t=25-iv8472?key=QlF4R255dTBxRTV5RzJsNWlwRXphQkFSbmNXT2FR

She is a thoughtful and generous woman! Those are some fine whiskies. Cheers!

53 minutes ago, emr454 said:

She is a thoughtful and generous woman! Those are some fine whiskies. Cheers!

Knowledgeable too it seems. 

It wasn't on the "allocated shelf". I was looking on the regular shelves and guy asked if I needed help. Told him what I was looking for and he turned around to a single case of 6 on the floor. Said he found it in the stock above the shelves this morning and wasn't sure what to do with it.  I got one for another sb'r and one for me. $36 including tax.

20171229_160206-1388x1134.jpg

• I like it 2

56 minutes ago, Clueby said:

It wasn't on the "allocated shelf". I was looking on the regular shelves and guy asked if I needed help. Told him what I was looking for and he turned around to a single case of 6 on the floor. Said he found it in the stock above the shelves this morning and wasn't sure what to do with it.  I got one for another sb'r and one for me. $36 including tax.

20171229_160206-1388x1134.jpg

Bourbon is for drinking and sharing. 

10 minutes ago, HoustonNit said:

Are you asking for some?

Nah, just stating my general philosophy. 

Been meaning to get this and buying it put me over to Grand Reserve at TW.

I had high hopes, I like the nose on BF products but they always taste young or watered down. JD SiB BP should be a great one. Great nose of BF, high proof and considering how many barrels they have they must have plenty of aged nice barrels to pick from for one of there high end products. I’ll need to give this another go but it had the great nose but tasted young and hot. BF WTF?

64eb32a9c484cc52b7b0df156623ddcc.jpg

Figured I'd make the 5 hour round trip to Lincoln Road Package Store worthwhile and went deep on the store picks, including a cool HWRR finished in of all things, a Rye barrel and a Clément 4 Year Agricole. The George Dickel is labeled as 9YO, but is actually 11YO-- as labeling outside of the 9 and 14YO expressions does not exist. His wealth of Four Roses recipes is disappearing quickly.

IMG_8084.thumb.jpg.5e88c2c8a0e39de75fd34f71b7a38d0c.jpgIMG_8083.thumb.jpg.2a09593beb0d7ca4e2e5d069df548d4c.jpgIMG_8085.thumb.jpg.d3729a5d50d0ba4e575c41a7f4661c0a.jpg

Edited by Marekv8
  • I like it 3

A Rye finished in a Rye barrel? Am I reading and comprehending that correctly?

I also recently saw they came out with their Prairie Reserve finished in a Rye barrel. 

Color me confused.

BTW those RR look tasty.

Figured I'd make the 5 hour round trip to Lincoln Road Package Store worthwhile and went deep on the store picks, including a cool HWRR finished in of all things, a Rye barrel and a Clément 4 Year Agricole. The George Dickel is labeled as 9YO, but is actually 11YO-- as labeling outside of the 9 and 14YO expressions does not exist. His wealth of Four Roses recipes is disappearing quickly.

IMG_8084.thumb.jpg.5e88c2c8a0e39de75fd34f71b7a38d0c.jpgIMG_8083.thumb.jpg.2a09593beb0d7ca4e2e5d069df548d4c.jpgIMG_8085.thumb.jpg.d3729a5d50d0ba4e575c41a7f4661c0a.jpg

Very nice haul. I hope they still have a few bottles left if I'm able to get there in a few weeks. I'm sure that Blackadder wasn't cheap.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, HoustonNit said:

Been meaning to get this and buying it put me over to Grand Reserve at TW.

I had high hopes, I like the nose on BF products but they always taste young or watered down. JD SiB BP should be a great one. Great nose of BF, high proof and considering how many barrels they have they must have plenty of aged nice barrels to pick from for one of there high end products. I’ll need to give this another go but it had the great nose but tasted young and hot. BF WTF?

I'm a bit scared to try another bottle of this. Mine is absolutely stunning, but I've been reading wildly different opinions on this for the past year. I hope my bottle isn't a rare honey barrel, I'll need more very soon.

Edited by Kane

I'm a bit scared to try another bottle of this. Mine is absolutely stunning, but I've been reading wildly different opinions on this for the past year. I hope my bottle isn't a rare honey barrel, I'll need more very soon.

For your sake hopefully it’s just me. If your a big fan of OF or oddly enough Barton products you should be fine.

1 hour ago, Government Beard said:

A Rye finished in a Rye barrel? Am I reading and comprehending that correctly?

Yes, that's correct. I'm drinking it now and finding it very enjoyable. The rye marrying cask did a nice job unifying the blend.

• I like it 1

54 minutes ago, HoustonNit said:

Wow Marekv8 that’s quite the pick up. What’s the bottle in the top pic between the RR and EC?

That bottle is the Clément Agricole. I just made the mistake of trying it directly after the Blackadder Hampden, which is unbelievably delicious. Luckily it's a long weekend, so I'll put it first tomorrow.

That bottle is the Clément Agricole. I just made the mistake of trying it directly after the Blackadder Hampden, which is unbelievably delicious. Luckily it's a long weekend, so I'll put it first tomorrow.

Ahh, I’m not much of a rum consumer and am afraid to get started.

57 minutes ago, Marekv8 said:

Yes, that's correct. I'm drinking it now and finding it very enjoyable. The rye marrying cask did a nice job unifying the blend.

Lots of spice?

cheers! 

My wife got these for me last weekend. :-) AF1QipOgCdjKlhQsd44PIxF-n6-n82zALG7zdx_rP1Wu=s512-p-qv=pnn5gsh880h9hp040rchpo03kn8vgl6qm,m=92e9d47510fc419b473f83414677270a,x=,t=25-iv8472?key=QlF4R255dTBxRTV5RzJsNWlwRXphQkFSbmNXT2FR
Those are some great whiskeys! The redbreast surprised me a lot. Loads of flavor.

Sent from my STV100-3 using Tapatalk

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.