What Bourbon Did You Purchase Today (Winter 2017

CardsandBourbon
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

On 12/21/2017 at 8:50 PM, Golferpimp1 said:

e605f68c47eda50a779618ad5d7a6cf2.jpg
Saw this guy a couple weeks back. Glad he was still there today when I️ swing by. Looking forward to trying the oc8 stagg jr blend. Now if I️ can just remember how many parts of each.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have one that's very similar to that. The Lego rescue boat, not the OC8 unfortunately. Lol

• I like it 1

19 hours ago, Cigars&Bourbon said:

Got this today on the trip back home to GA. $36 each on the Saz

u9IZpRZ.jpg

Now they state that it is aged for many seasons but still haven't taken off the misleading 8 on the label.

• I like it 1

Some moderately dusty Old Forester.  Both 1.75's.  The paper label stuff is 86 proof.  Every bottle of this I have had is outstanding.  The Signature bottle is harder to date but the other bottles i have had with this labeling have been very high quality.  Eager to try the new 100 proof so many have enthused about.  Will be taking a regular 750 of the OF Paper Label over to my pals' for the annual Xmas Eve drink up tonight... 

FullSizeRender 120.jpg

Edited by Steven C
  • I like it 1

On 12/21/2017 at 11:24 PM, Paddy said:

Am I missing something here?  :huh:

My (admittedly) limited math ability is telling me that this would have been 14 years and two months old in January of '18.  :o

They're definitely lying about the age, but 14 years and 1 month is still a pretty old KCSB.

(guess i should have looked to see if the winter thread started, so I'll repost here!

A few months ago, I had been putting out feelers to my hometown liquor store, and surrounding liquor stores (knowing that I would be back in area for the holiday). Well, I think I've found my honey-hole. I got a call three days before Christmas and the owner called, letting me know what he got in. He owns three liquor stores. Only got two bottles of WLW in, a case of ETL, and a case of WSR. $188 later (before tax), I'm walking away with these bad boys. Merry Christmas indeed!

bourbon.jpg

• I like it 3

On 12/23/2017 at 4:40 PM, Bourbon Fanatic said:

Not necessarily a "purchase" but I traded with a local bourbon fanatic I met at a lottery...

I traded (1) W12 and (1) OWA107 for (1) RHF and (1) ETL.

He told me he is the BIGGEST Weller fan and came up with the trade terms.

RHF is my favorite pour and anything MB#2 is amazing IMO.

I know who I think got the better deal (he seems to think he got the steal and I seem to think I got the steal, so I guess it was a great trade regardless) - what do y'all think?

I've never had the W12, so I don't quite know which side I like more.  But the Rock Hill Farms is probably my favorite of the regular BT lineup.  And if you were both happy with what you got it's a great deal for everyone.

• I like it 1

Pick up a local store pick BT. I am looking forward to this both as a standalone and to taste it combined with my Stagg jr.

1 hour ago, JoeTerp said:

I've never had the W12, so I don't quite know which side I like more.  But the Rock Hill Farms is probably my favorite of the regular BT lineup.  And if you were both happy with what you got it's a great deal for everyone.

I've had them all and love them all (just like my grandchildren).  But W12 is truly grand as is the RHF!  I'm so EASY, eh?   :P

1 hour ago, kcgumbohead said:

Pick up a local store pick BT. I am looking forward to this both as a standalone and to taste it combined with my Stagg jr.

And you can make up a vat of dSculptor's blend - 2xER10:BT:StaggJr.  A superb blend that actually got me started on my never-ending vatting journey.  :rolleyes:

• I like it 3

ABC store guy in panama city beach did me a solid. Saw me browsing yesterday and asked a few ‘gate keeper’ questions. Then said the BT truck comes on Thursday. Took my name and number and called me today with the weller 12. Excited about it. 

• I like it 1

I was finally able to score some 4RSmBLE...2017 and 2015. The first I've ever been able to find in my area.
f5a62102f83b0f6ddda5a3124aac2e99.jpg

• I like it 5

Picked up a couple bottles of JJ Bowman. It’s been getting a bit more scarce around here

10 minutes ago, Hop said:

Picked up a couple bottles of JJ Bowman. It’s been getting a bit more scarce around here

Scarcity and hoarding. Let me know when the light goes on. ;)

Scarcity and hoarding. Let me know when the light goes on. [emoji6]

You know I’ve had about enough of your comments like the one above. This just happens to be the first time it’s been directed at me. As a group this forum is pretty well self policing with the exception of you. Maybe it’s time a review of your past posts was done...

• I like it 3

1 minute ago, Hop said:

You know I’ve had about enough of your comments like the one above. This just happens to be the first time it’s been directed at me. As a group this forum is pretty well self policing with the exception of you. Maybe it’s time a review of your past posts was done...

Have at it. :D

9 minutes ago, Mako254 said:

Faster,

nice work on the dusty turkey. Where did you come across it?

Got lucky.. owner said he really didnt want to let the liqueur go but did for $35. The 101 I dont think he knew there was anything special about it.. I did bring it up though. He had some old ER bottles and decanters and some OC12 and OC10 and lots of other old stuff. .. 5-10 bottles of WT Austin Nichols..Thought I had hit the jackpot until the third time he and his spouse said not for sale. Glad to get these two

1 hour ago, FasterHorses said:

enhance

That WT Liqueur is vastly superior to any of 'flavored Bourbon' that's currently being bottled (at least my recollection of it, compared to the tastes I've tried of several 'honey' offerings). 

I wish I had stashed a few away back in the day; but, I was too much into developing my taste for "real" Bourbon and searching through the straights for the ones that hit my palate right.   Enjoy!

4 hours ago, Radioyada said:

New Stagg Jr. 131.9

4EA28F2F-730D-458F-BA68-65CB84095DF6.jpeg

Found myself adding another one of these to the collection today as well. Still plenty on the shelves around here. I'm guessing I will add one or two more before they are all gone and we are waiting for the next batch to arrive.

• I like it 1

3 hours ago, Hop said:

3 months ago it was everywhere here. Overnight it disappeared. I snagged a Bowman Brothers. I may have to grab the John J Bowman too. 

29 minutes ago, Richnimrod said:

That WT Liqueur is vastly superior to any of 'flavored Bourbon' that's currently being bottled (at least my recollection of it, compared to the tastes I've tried of several 'honey' offerings). 

I wish I had stashed a few away back in the day; but, I was too much into developing my taste for "real" Bourbon and searching through the straights for the ones that hit my palate right.   Enjoy!

Looking forward to it..gotta get scoped first ..but after that I hope

4 hours ago, Richnimrod said:

Is that old liqueur still good to drink? 

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.