What Bourbon Did You Purchase Today (Winter 2017

CardsandBourbon
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

4 hours ago, lcpfratn said:

I think they messed up on the label on that Four Roses OBSF. The "B" recipe is a 35% rye mashbill.

Good catch. So the question is, who provides and applies the label for these store picks, 4R or the individual LS's?

6 hours ago, lcpfratn said:

I think they messed up on the label on that Four Roses OBSF. The "B" recipe is a 35% rye mashbill.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Good catch, time to email 4R find out which info is correct, I don't have an OESF so either way it would be fine with me.

1 hour ago, DCFan said:

Good catch. So the question is, who provides and applies the label for these store picks, 4R or the individual LS's?

Definitely 4R, the font and design on the labels is way too consistent for it to be something the stores do themselves, also one of my locals keeps there picks in the boxes and they are all labeled when you pull them out.

• I like it 1

Added another George T Stagg for the years takings. 

Oh,   and I found two shops that have WT 101 for $11.99.     Will be a constant price.     Awesome!

Edited by skidfive
  • I like it 2

The local ABC had a sale on the Pikesville 110 for $35 and the Statesman for $40. The rye is my favorite commonly available rye and I am down to a half bottle of the Statesman, which I like a whole lot. It may not have the stats on paper to match up to the 1920 but it nevertheless tastes really good to me. 

6D310AF9-5E06-45E9-BA01-576FFD8C8039.jpeg

• I like it 1

41 minutes ago, Charlutz said:

The local ABC had a sale on the Pikesville 110 for $35 and the Statesman for $40. The rye is my favorite commonly available rye and I am down to a half bottle of the Statesman, which I like a whole lot. It may not have the stats on paper to match up to the 1920 but it nevertheless tastes really good to me. 

Great price for the Pikesville.  I have liked the Old Forrester Single Barrel so much that I may have to try the Statesman, despite the mixed reviews... Would love to see it for $40!

9 hours ago, Charlutz said:

Great pickups. I want to try the Pikesville plus it’s a really good looking bottle and label imo. Rittenhouse has been a daily drinker for m3 and recently picked up some WT 101 Rye which I like too. 

On 12/31/2017 at 2:32 PM, Charlutz said:

I like the Pikesville at $50.  That's an amazing price.

1 hour ago, JoeTerp said:

I like the Pikesville at $50.  That's an amazing price.

Agreed (that the price Charlutz paid - $35 - is amazing).

Joe, Montgomery County MD  has close to 200 bottles of the Pikesville @ $44 plus tax if you are in the mood for a road trip.  Price is as of today.

I just returned from home from the holidays. Here is my haul from Michigan and Indiana. I was surpris d to find the 1792 BIB in Michigan yesterday. 

ADBDBAB5-12CA-4FD5-B726-47F36931AD9F.jpeg

I picked up a bottle of ECBP, B517. This will be my taste of their barrel proof offering, but it seems to be well received. I popped the top and gave it a whiff, and it does smell delicious.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

• I like it 1

On 12/29/2017 at 5:01 PM, Kane said:

Knowledgeable too it seems. 

She had some guidance. ;-)

Found these two older bottles this weekend. Both from '03. Not expecting much from the Beam but liked the label. The WT, tho, will be great.

20180102_083441.jpg

• I like it 4

1 hour ago, Whiskeythink.com said:

Found these two older bottles this weekend. Both from '03. Not expecting much from the Beam but liked the label. The WT, tho, will be great.

20180102_083441.jpg

An accurate description of your purchase.

2 hours ago, Whiskeythink.com said:

20180102_083441.jpg

I like that label too and congrats on the rare breed

• I like it 1

7 minutes ago, GeeTen said:

StaggJr 131.9pf - still $38.99 OTD!   :P

Heckuva good price! Lowest by me is $52+tax 

1 minute ago, emr454 said:

My first dance with this one. So far, it's got the right moves. $35.99+ tax

20180102_175448.jpg

Very nice - we went thru eight or nine bottles of this at the 2016 SEC Swimming Championships at Mizzou!  Good thing our hotel was just across the street from a TW&M in Columbia, eh?   :D

• I like it 1

16 minutes ago, GeeTen said:

Very nice - we went thru eight or nine bottles of this at the 2016 SEC Swimming Championships at Mizzou!  Good thing our hotel was just across the street from a TW&M in Columbia, eh?   :D

Lots of flavor for a 90-proofer and goes down easy. Dangerous stuff this could be! I'm putting this on my "regular buy" list

1 hour ago, emr454 said:

My first dance with this one. So far, it's got the right moves. $35.99+ tax

20180102_175448.jpg

The Costco by me made a mistake and prices RR10 at $19.99.  I bought a few but when I went back a day later they had caught their mistake and changed the price to $27.99.  Still a great deal though!

• I like it 1

22 hours ago, mortre said:

I picked up a bottle of ECBP, B517. This will be my taste of their barrel proof offering, but it seems to be well received. I popped the top and gave it a whiff, and it does smell delicious.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

What are your thoughts on it after tasting it?

Cheers!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.