Empty bottle support group - 2018

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

My first, but definitely not last, bottle of Yellowstone ????

20180719_185047.jpg

• I like it 3

My second bottle of this and it was a good one!  The store couldn't/wouldn't give me any information on the barrel so I emailed Beam.  They were nice enough to look up the barrel and replied that it was 13 years 11 months old.  No wonder it was so deep and complex.  Wish the store had more...

knob creek SP.jpg

• I like it 1

A very tasty vat of OGD114 and an EC PS. Unfortunately it can’t be reproduced. 

072719DF-89CA-48AC-B602-C3204DFB0C62.jpeg

I’ve been eyeing the last of this EW 7 yr for   awhile, so decided to pull it out.  Then I remembered I still had the very first “free” glass I ever got, which was at the HH sponsored Cigar & Jazz event at the 2004 KBF.   Had to dig far back into the glass cupboard to find it.  Makes a nice pairing for tonight out on the front porch swing.

0D63285B-F9B7-4B18-943A-8CF8873E1F7A.jpeg

431A328E-08E2-4649-A3BE-3283BE9EF948.jpeg

• I like it 5

Killed a turkey tonight. Been a while since I have picked up a WT 101. Grabbed it while on Business and finished it up tonight. As usual this didn’t last long in the bunker. One of the best values in Bourbon IMHO.

5 hours ago, smokinjoe said:

I’ve been eyeing the last of this EW 7 yr for   awhile, so decided to pull it out.  Then I remembered I still had the very first “free” glass I ever got, which was at the HH sponsored Cigar & Jazz event at the 2004 KBF.   Had to dig far back into the glass cupboard to find it.  Makes a nice pairing for tonight out on the front porch swing.

0D63285B-F9B7-4B18-943A-8CF8873E1F7A.jpeg

That.....is good living right there.

15 hours ago, fosmith said:

My second bottle of this and it was a good one!  The store couldn't/wouldn't give me any information on the barrel so I emailed Beam.  They were nice enough to look up the barrel and replied that it was 13 years 11 months old.  No wonder it was so deep and complex.  Wish the store had more...

knob creek SP.jpg

I've done that before too.  They are really helpful when it comes to that kind of stuff, in my experience.

13 hours ago, smokinjoe said:

Ah yes!  EW7yr.  My intro to bourbon.  I remember it fondly.  The current EW black label, while one of the better bottom shelfers, is not as good as the 7 was, sadly...

Polished off my first and only GTS this weekend... ☹️ sad to see ol George bite the dust but so happy to have been able to share with my family. That was one delicious pour... here’s hoping I’m able to snag another this fall...

• I like it 1

After killing this bottle, I've decided not to buy another.  Too many others that I prefer at this this price point.

IMG_0194.jpg

29 minutes ago, kemosabe said:

After killing this bottle, I've decided not to buy another.  Too many others that I prefer at this this price point.

IMG_0194.jpg

Although I like this, I was thinking pretty much the same thing. I managed to get my one bottle way back when, for $49.99. One store here had a bunch of it priced at $64.99, and it just sat on the shelve. They dropped the price to $49.99, and it's still sitting there. Hmmm......<_<

Biba! Joe

35 minutes ago, kemosabe said:

Love that bottle...

14 hours ago, fishnbowljoe said:

Although I like this, I was thinking pretty much the same thing. I managed to get my one bottle way back when, for $49.99. One store here had a bunch of it priced at $64.99, and it just sat on the shelve. They dropped the price to $49.99, and it's still sitting there. Hmmm......<_<

Biba! Joe

Ugh... $49.99?!! As an Old Forester man, my bunker would overfloweth with OF1920 at that price!

• I like it 1

Finished off a liter bottle of Buffalo Trace SB Westport Wine & Whiskey pick this evening. It was a good barrel, not a great barrel. Glad I had it. On to the next bottle.

Finished off a bottle of Old Forester 100pf and then proceeded to finish off a bottle of Old Forester 1920... Luckily there are backups in the bunker!

1 hour ago, Clueby said:

Goodbye, Colonel. Time to call up your reinforcement. 

20180726_232226-1612x784.jpg

Well arnt you up early starting the weekend.  Have some toast w/ that. 

:)

Sent this guy to the recycling bin. This is a unique whiskey and quite good. I have another one or two in the bunker.

9F3A3128-5881-44BB-8111-BF09EA22A126.jpeg

Edited by jeffrey r
  • I like it 1

1 hour ago, 0895 said:

Well arnt you up early starting the weekend.  Have some toast w/ that. 

:)

I literally lol'd at that! To clarify..that pic was from last night. 

• I like it 1

Thought this was excellent! Drank waaay to much of it last night and paid the price today.

Really looking forward to trying the 2018 LE Cask Strength version now. 

0DEA994F-3810-48CC-94B8-368118C79D1E.jpeg

15 hours ago, Bob_Loblaw said:

Thought this was excellent! Drank waaay to much of it last night and paid the price today.

Really looking forward to trying the 2018 LE Cask Strength version now. 

0DEA994F-3810-48CC-94B8-368118C79D1E.jpeg

Post your comparisons when you open it. Ive tried one of the SBs, but not the older Barrel Proof.

Clearing out the cheapies lately trying to make room for some new bottles on the shelf.

20180728_143136.jpg

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.