Empty bottle support group - 2018

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

A beloved Gold member of the community was killed last night, while those never associated with the deceased, grieved. As shown below, the killer was not bashful about leaving the murder weapon at the scene of the crime; a classic small Dombey glass. Certainly without the reputation of mass ingestion that the assault glass, Glencairn has; the Dombey, nevertheless, did its job.

As the Blanton's family of the deceased, calls for justice, the killer was heard to shout, “your brother is next!”

Col. EH Taylor said that no charges are pending; as most believe that the Colonel is afraid that he too is on the short list…

kilt.jpg.8732df6dd4711058567acc02b74826cb.jpg

• I like it 7

13 hours ago, Swamp55 said:

Another Saturday Night Massacre...

Saturday Night Massacre.jpg

What did you think of that batch 7?

4 hours ago, CUfan99 said:

What did you think of that batch 7?

You know, I bought that bottle of SJR over a year ago and I remember that my initial impression was: HOT!  And, I'm a fan of barrel proof bourbons.  So, I put the bottle in the back of the cabinet for a few months before trying it again.  It was better then, for sure.  And, I brought it out again recently and finished it off.  Even better now.  Beautiful color and nose.  And, the taste was less hot (especially with a big ice cube in the glass!).  Typical SJR dark fruit flavors - very enjoyable.  I have a bottle of batch #10 ready to crack open soon, and I'm curious to see how the latest batch compares.

• I like it 1

5 hours ago, Swamp55 said:

You know, I bought that bottle of SJR over a year ago and I remember that my initial impression was: HOT!  And, I'm a fan of barrel proof bourbons.  So, I put the bottle in the back of the cabinet for a few months before trying it again.  It was better then, for sure.  And, I brought it out again recently and finished it off.  Even better now.  Beautiful color and nose.  And, the taste was less hot (especially with a big ice cube in the glass!).  Typical SJR dark fruit flavors - very enjoyable.  I have a bottle of batch #10 ready to crack open soon, and I'm curious to see how the latest batch compares.

I had a similar experience at first so I vatted a good bit of it. I had a pour recently and it was excellent. Very cherry and drinkable neat without being too hot. I found batch 7 & 8 a few months ago but haven’t seen any since so I’m taking it really slow. 

27 minutes ago, Mako254 said:

My favorite of the beam ‘small batch’ line up. 

Baker's really is a shining star of sorts from the beam portfolio.  Darn good stuff.

Smooth Ambler Big Level hit the recycle bin last nigh - made some great throat-soothing cough suppressant nite time sleep enhancer.  Not to buy another anytime soon!  JMHO.  8-(

8 hours ago, GeeTen said:

Smooth Ambler Big Level hit the recycle bin last nigh - made some great throat-soothing cough suppressant nite time sleep enhancer.  Not to buy another anytime soon!  JMHO.  8-(

Hopefully not, but let me know if you have a relapse. I still have 3/4 bottle left that I can ship to you...

• I like it 1

On 8/27/2018 at 11:50 PM, Clueby said:

Out with the old, in with the new.

20180827_224701-784x1613.jpg

There is a solid pour...enjoy.

1466148842_rarebreed.jpg.0093897594e3f8f925b8e71760243824.jpgI know this batch doesn't get a lot of love but I really enjoyed this one.  Lots of flavor and drinks below its proof.  This review kind of nailed it, IMO. 

rare breed.jpg

Edited by fosmith
  • I like it 2

Finished off a RR SB last night, thinking who needs higher priced limited edition WT products when I've had a number of SB's that were outstanding. But then I poured some Tradition today and realized that was a dumb thing to think. 

• I like it 1

Time's up for these two!

The wife wanted Old Fashioneds this afternoon, so I used up the last couple of pours from these.  Both worked well.  (I've also had good results from BT and FRSmB.)

MM & RR10.jpg

Finished off OGD BIB. I found a new love and can see this as a daily drinker. Great taste, easily obtainable, and very reasonably priced. But first I have a OGD 114 waiting in the wings.

This bourbon is tasting so good after a nice come from behind, extra innings game against the Cards.

I will be putting a bottle of RRSB in the great big green monster tomorrow. Very happy to have a spare in the basement to enjoy a second helping of this bottle.

2 hours ago, Clueby said:

One down, one up.

20180906_201644-784x1613.jpg

I polished off the same thing for opening night of the NFL season. Glad I did, but that means I have to grab another one from the basement.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.