Empty bottle support group - 2018

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Goodbye, Colonel. Time to call up your reinforcement. 
20180726_232226-1612x784.thumb.jpg.551d4bcad375137db270905436a9136b.jpg

My goto pour!!! Hope it stays available on a day to day basis where I am . [emoji106]
  • I like it 1

27 minutes ago, Jfletchgu said:

Clearing out the cheapies lately trying to make room for some new bottles on the shelf.

20180728_143136.jpg

Isn't it great that cheap can be so damn good!

1 hour ago, BigPapa said:

My goto pour!!! Hope it stays available on a day to day basis where I am . emoji106.png

Where would that be? I wouldnt call it a unicorn here, but it is certainly not available on a day to day basis here.  At least not at retail/reasonable price.

I'm sure I'm not the only one that waits until I have a trash bag full of bottles before putting them in the recycle bin then quietly lowers them into the bin so the neighbors don't hear the clinking of a boat load of booze bottles. 

20180729_103449.jpg

1 hour ago, JCwhammie said:

I'm sure I'm not the only one that waits until I have a trash bag full of bottles before putting them in the recycle bin then quietly lowers them into the bin so the neighbors don't hear the clinking of a boat load of booze bottles. 

20180729_103449.jpg

Nah...I don't care what they think.:P

• I like it 1

Emptied a Kathleen's Batch. I liked this one enough to buy 3 more so I'm set for s while. A little ashamed that I broke my Booker's price hike boycott for this. I am occasionally weak.

• I like it 3

Recently emptied my first HWDR. It was a 375ml.  I'll buy another one of these some day,  next time it'll be a 750.

20180727_123808.jpg

• I like it 1

Working on reducing the number of open but almost empty bottles on my bar. This evening's efforts...

WP_20180803_008.jpg

Catching up on posting when going through the pantry and came across a couple of empties from last month.

1.  4R standard single barrel.  I call this one my Beatles music of bourbon, meaning you forget how great is until you go back and revisit it after a long time away.  Chasing the 10 recipes was fun while I was doing it, but it's hard to beat the original.

2.  WTKS private barrel.  Loving these lately.

16 hours ago, Kepler said:

Catching up on posting when going through the pantry and came across a couple of empties from last month.

1.  4R standard single barrel.  I call this one my Beatles music of bourbon, meaning you forget how great is until you go back and revisit it after a long time away.  Chasing the 10 recipes was fun while I was doing it, but it's hard to beat the original.

2.  WTKS private barrel.  Loving these lately.

Lawrenceburg cult - represent!

Goog analogy for 4RSiB. I always have the same reaction when I come back to it which is something like "why do I not drink this all the time?"

• I like it 1

I believe. I believe.  I believe.  I believe.  I believe.  I believe...That the good folks at Buffalo Trace will again Bless us with such a fabulous whiskey as this, one day....I believe.  I believe.  I believe.  I believe...

2453944D-D836-4B3F-8627-3AACB247ED02.jpeg

• I like it 5

8 minutes ago, smokinjoe said:

I believe. I believe.  I believe.  I believe.  I believe.  I believe...That the good folks at Buffalo Trace will again Bless us with such a fabulous whiskey as this, one day....I believe.  I believe.  I believe.  I believe...

Unicorn spotting

• I like it 1

2 hours ago, smokinjoe said:

Genuflect, three points of the cross thing that they do, and a silent prayer that this will come to pass one day.

1 hour ago, flahute said:

Genuflect, three points of the cross thing that they do, and a silent prayer that this will come to pass one day.

Heehee.  I’ll do that, and in the meantime keep the SB Blend warmed up.  :)

• I like it 1

The wife and I killed off an ECBP C917 tonight while watching movies. Ready Player One is really good.

Polished off yet another bottle of OWA today. So glad there is plenty to open in the basement. I will be worried when I get close to the last two bottles and no more in sight!

Not sorry to see this one go.  It was a disappointment, especially at $75.  All the right notes were there, it just didn't sing.  I never took a sip and thought, "mmmm, that's good".  Which surprised me since it gets so much praise...

taylor rye.jpg

2 hours ago, fosmith said:

Not sorry to see this one go.  It was a disappointment, especially at $75.  All the right notes were there, it just didn't sing.  I never took a sip and thought, "mmmm, that's good".  Which surprised me since it gets so much praise...

taylor rye.jpg

Anytime I read a review of a BT product that "Scores Well" I imedately deduct 10% from the score because of what seems to be positive label bias. I think there are plenty here who feel the same way, that this one is fine but not worth the coin. 

• I like it 1

1 hour ago, kevinbrink said:

Anytime I read a review of a BT product that "Scores Well" I imedately deduct 10% from the score because of what seems to be positive label bias. I think there are plenty here who feel the same way, that this one is fine but not worth the coin. 

I get what you're saying.  The EHT packaging makes you think it's going to be great.  But I actually really liked the EHT SmB.  That one is worth the price, IMO. 

• I like it 1

I get what you're saying.  The EHT packaging makes you think it's going to be great.  But I actually really liked the EHT SmB.  That one is worth the price, IMO. 

Small batch is the best of that litter!!!

Once in a while you come across one that makes you think “Now that’s what top shelf bourbon is supposed to taste like...”. This is one of those times. 2017 4R LE SmB... amazing from the first pour to the last.

16F9B9C8-5714-4E65-A5F3-993831E316A1.jpeg

2 hours ago, JTaylor said:

Once in a while you come across one that makes you think “Now that’s what top shelf bourbon is supposed to taste like...”. This is one of those times. 2017 4R LE SmB... amazing from the first pour to the last.

16F9B9C8-5714-4E65-A5F3-993831E316A1.jpeg

I'm drinking a bottle now and couldn't agree more.  Great nose too.

Said adios to these 3 this evening.  Each only had 1 pour left in them.  Please excuse the non-bourbon on the right. 

IMG_8795.jpg

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.