Empty bottle support group - 2018

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Fantastic bourbon, huge candy nose, lots of caramel sweetness. Not complex or layered, just a smooth easy drinker. Hope to find some older expressions someday.

8BD75728-B614-4EF1-83DD-78BC57EEC43B.jpeg

• I like it 1

Drank the last two ounces neat in a Glencairn glass last night.  This was my introduction to bourbon many years ago and I still love it even though gone on to mid and high shelf pours.  Nice cinnabon nose.  Smooth and well balanced on the palate.  Dessert-like.  Not super big or complex but the best bottom shelfer there is, IMO.  For under $20 for a 1.75, I don't see how Heaven Hill does it. 

EWblack.jpg

• I like it 2

ddfcf20ac7513a167c0abf7c9bd4d3ff.jpg
The neighbor helped me clear out the shelf done last night enjoyed the company

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I split this last pour between myself and the infinity bottle. Still a few bottles left from this barrel, glad I’ve got a back up. 

A721759B-4B85-4ACF-AF48-A838E05EF67B.jpeg

Always sad when a bird goes down

y4mjH4c0wWcILMe9wMZBuam2pnaHL16NYJp_2i0p

Edited by kevinbrink
  • I like it 3

Down Goes Blantons, Down Goes Blantons!!!

down.thumb.jpg.a5b95acab0357d988dd2fd3e949a87a3.jpg

Also polished off a last ounce of Mich10. A sad affair, until I poured the EC11/RR SiB combo bomb to finish the night...

Edited by bayouredd
  • I like it 3

Thanks to fishnbowljoe, a.k.a. Uncle Joe, I had the chance to try this guy. Took him down last night. Not terribly fond at first, but my appreciation grew over time. Glad I have a couple more!

20180417_054845.jpg

• I like it 1

3 hours ago, Galvin0791 said:

Thanks to fishnbowljoe, a.k.a. Uncle Joe, I had the chance to try this guy. Took him down last night. Not terribly fond at first, but my appreciation grew over time. Glad I have a couple more!

What happened to Uncle Douché Mike?  :lol:

Biba! Joe

26 minutes ago, fishnbowljoe said:

What happened to Uncle Douché Mike?  :lol:

Biba! Joe

I'm really, REALLY trying to be good. I may wanna ask ya to bring me back a bottle sometime in the future. 

;)

Although, Uncle Douché sure does have a nice ring to it!

:D

8 minutes ago, Galvin0791 said:

I'm really, REALLY trying to be good. I may wanna ask ya to bring me back a bottle sometime in the future. 

;)

Although, Uncle Douché sure does have a nice ring to it!

:D

Sure, I'll bring you back a bottle Mike. <_< Reminds me of a joke. Gary/Vosgar/Bag is gonna love this. Instead of telling the long drawn out version of the entire joke, I'm cutting right to the punchline. "It is horse piss. Now guess how old it is." :lol:

Biba! Uncle Douché 

• I like it 1

Gonna miss Grandpa...  I really liked this one.  For my palate, better than the 114.  And I generally like barrel proofers. 

ogd.jpg

This morning my recycling bin is the lucky recipient of 750 size empties of 4Roses Yellow and HMcK10. The HMcK10 was from an exceptionally tasty barrel and will be sorely missed.

Recently finished off a couple. 

CEHTSmB. I found this bottle hard to resist. Dangerously delicious. Will definitely buy another. 

HMcK10.  While not "Bourbon of the year."  This was one of the better HMcK10, I have had. Kudos to Heaven Hill. 

Cheers 

IMG_2436.PNG

On 4/18/2018 at 10:16 PM, LCWoody said:

He gone.....

BB4CBB10-1CDD-439A-B367-B8CF961B36F0.thumb.jpeg.bde342bc88a79f2d41083b15cc2377f5.jpeg

Sorry, but can't resist: Excellent choice of font on that label, oozes quality...

• I like it 1

Goodbye to "Annis' Answer".  Hello to "Off Your Rocker".  A little hockey to accompany the next pour.

Booker's.jpg

Finished the owl off tonight on the patio.

Love this stuff!

Sorry the picture sucks...

IMAG3322.jpg

Edited by 0895
  • I like it 1

38 minutes ago, LCWoody said:

Another good bottle of ER gone.....

IMG_0719.thumb.JPG.365636c986a5b612f2b5b56f95dfa6f1.JPG

I feel like that happens a lot...

:)

Doing some bottle clearing, over the last few weeks. 

2nd HMcK 10, to go down. This bottle was a consecutive barrel of the HMcK10 that I finished recently. Both good, but different profiles. Making Bourbon is part Voodoo. ;-))

Cheers

IMG_2459.JPG

Lost 2 bottles this weekend. Yesterday we said goodbye to a bottle of CEHT Single Barrel which was very good. Today, we lost a bottle of KCSB. The KCSB was not what I expected on the first pour. However, after some air time, it really opened up nicely and was fantastic. Hoping I can find another bottle or so of the state pick this week.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.