What Bourbon Are You Enjoying (Spring 2018)

DCFan
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

7 hours ago, Herbalthought said:

i just made a real observation that buffalo trace entry level 40% is shit and im so glad i never paid for it
Still disappointing aftrr reading so many people say it was a nice dram

It reminds me to never buy a bourbon lower than 50% for sure

80 proof?

1 hour ago, Charlutz said:

80 proof?

Maybe I'm wrong but I interpreted his statement to mean some of the lower rung offerings from the Buffalo Trace Distillery such as AA, OC, and Benchmark which I believe are all 80 proofers.

13 minutes ago, DCFan said:

Maybe I'm wrong but I interpreted his statement to mean some of the lower rung offerings from the Buffalo Trace Distillery such as AA, OC, and Benchmark which I believe are all 80 proofers.

I don't think so because he refers to it as "it" not them. I think his ire was directed at the BT namesake product not a group of products. 

That just leaves more for me. 

store picks in uk are non existent unless i get lucky and find one in auction.

Wish i had the myriad of choice you guys have.

As for under 50% well i really like wild turkey but the 101 not the 40% i feel it also flat with the lower %

20 minutes ago, CUfan99 said:

I don't think so because he refers to it as "it" not them. I think his ire was directed at the BT namesake product not a group of products. 

That just leaves more for me. 

The reason why I came to the conclusion that he was referring to regular old BT was because;

A: it's 90 proof not 80 (unless they make a special export version)

B: and it's delicisio :D

4 minutes ago, Herbalthought said:

store picks in uk are non existent unless i get lucky and find one in auction.

Wish i had the myriad of choice you guys have.

The other European posters here are all fans of online shopping. ;)

Buffaloe Trace - kentucky straight bourbon 40%
that is what i got in this auction lot
https://www.scotchwhiskyauctions.com/auctions/121_the-83rd-auction/203730_elijah-craig-12-year-old-70cl-buffalo-trace-70cl--hancocks-presidents-reserve-75cl/

Terrible stuff so flat no real flavour boring as hell, but like i said in that lot it was basically a free bottle so no big loss.

Yeh DCfan problem is none of the shops in USA post out of usa :(

29 minutes ago, Herbalthought said:

Buffaloe Trace - kentucky straight bourbon 40%
that is what i got in this auction lot
https://www.scotchwhiskyauctions.com/auctions/121_the-83rd-auction/203730_elijah-craig-12-year-old-70cl-buffalo-trace-70cl--hancocks-presidents-reserve-75cl/

Terrible stuff so flat no real flavour boring as hell, but like i said in that lot it was basically a free bottle so no big loss.

Yeh DCfan problem is none of the shops in USA post out of usa :(

That is the export only version of BT at 40%. In the states BT is 45% and pretty tasty IMO, but 45% is at the bottom of my desired alcohol percentage. I probably wouldn't be too fired up about what you had either.

17 hours ago, Paddy said:

Double pour of '17 ORVW to start up the 1st games of the evening.  Moving on to '17 GTS for the second set of games. 

Go Cats!

Oooooooffffff........tough night. All my teams are out of it now. Gonzaga was the last one standing.

I got to break into my dry March because my local needed me and a friend to pick a BT barrel for the store on very short notice so at least there was that.

• I like it 2

1 hour ago, flahute said:

Oooooooffffff........tough night. All my teams are out of it now. Gonzaga was the last one standing.

I got to break into my dry March because my local needed me and a friend to pick a BT barrel for the store on very short notice so at least there was that.

There's room on the Clemson bandwagon. Come jump on.

9 minutes ago, CUfan99 said:

There's room on the Clemson bandwagon. Come jump on.

A buddy of mine went to KU so I can't jump on until after today's game. Happy to oblige if Clemson wins! At this point for me, it's anyone but Duke and Michigan.

• I like it 1

Celebrating the start of the weekend with a healthy pour of 11yr old OBSV. 

I would have celebrated the start of spring a few days ago, but we got 7in of snow. :(

Edited by Phil T
  • I like it 1

22 hours ago, smokinjoe said:

For some damn reason, I’m actually watching the American Cornhole League Johnsonville Sausage Cornhole Championships on ESPN2, with a Fighting Cock 6 yr.  Cornhole on TV is kinda like watching ESPN 40 years ago when they resorted to Sumo and Rodeo for content...:lol:  

I can't wait to see what you're gonna pour for the 2018 Ford World Women's Curling Championship's tonight (NBCSN for those interested)! :D

As for me, I'm having my first rodeo with the JBDC.  :P;)

39 minutes ago, Paddy said:

I can't wait to see what you're gonna pour for the 2018 Ford World Women's Curling Championship's tonight (NBCSN for those interested)! :D

As for me, I'm having my first rodeo with the JBDC.  :P;)

Shoot, I’m thinking the same pour might be in order!  Are the Russians playing?

E6F8D99E-F636-461A-B871-8617C8CFFF95.jpeg

Edited by smokinjoe
  • I like it 4

They've got the juice in a separate lab bottle-- but the decanter sure looks good. 

IMG_8906.thumb.JPG.7ad9ff4416d52c2f714dd3f4ff796b12.JPG

• I like it 3

My wife and daughter stopped by a liquor store in Myrtle Beach today and picked up a bottle of Stagg Jr and a store pick ECSB.    We decided to open  both tonight and the consensus was SJ best with a couple of drops water.   EC ok but not exciting enough to buy a backup.     At any rate I’m lucky they tore themselves away from the outlets long enough to think of me!    We will probably put a hurt on the stagg Jr watching the games tonight. Go Syracuse, go.    

image.jpg

• I like it 5

5 12hr shifts in a row, today especially rough. 

Old Fashioned, 101 at the local watering hole. 

4A610531-2915-44E6-90FB-53197C86C657.jpeg

• I like it 1

3 hours ago, flahute said:

A buddy of mine went to KU so I can't jump on until after today's game. Happy to oblige if Clemson wins! At this point for me, it's anyone but Duke and Michigan.

It’s not looking good for my tigers. OGDBIB mixed with EWBIB is my consolation.

I keep hearing only good things about stagg jnr $helby 

Its in the top 5 must buy soon bottles for me.

Tried rye, but it didn't taste right.
Switched to Weller and it's "just right".
[emoji4]

IMAG3171.thumb.jpg.3e7147fc7e05f867ca0c4dab5c42a525.jpg
Which rye did you try?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Shoot, I’m thinking the same pour might be in order!  Are the Russians playing?
E6F8D99E-F636-461A-B871-8617C8CFFF95.thumb.jpeg.059f35bce443af6964b49933386d24ef.jpeg
Is that a real Russian curler? When did they start looking like that, and not a rough looking 45 year old.

I'm enjoying a good pour of knob Creek single barrel. It's been such a long week! This somehow makes it better lol. df0d155fddd2ab2ad0fcb8ed1b5e6582.jpg

• I like it 2

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.