What Bourbon Are You Enjoying (Spring 2018)

DCFan
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I'm not usually much of a YOLO guy, but puckered up to finally try this 23 year old. Gotta say, it seems to get a bad rap, I don't think it's the overly oaked disaster people say. In fact, it's quite delicious indeed.  I wonder if it's the seattle phenomenon, people want you to think it rains there all the time to keep you away, but locals know better.

IMG_20180328_131906.jpg

• I like it 5

Last night while watching WKU in the NIT I started with Calumet 10 y.o. Single Rack Black, followed that with some 1792 SmB PS from Packages & More and finished with some SAOS SiB 11 y.o.

54 minutes ago, dcbt said:

I'm not usually much of a YOLO guy, but puckered up to finally try this 23 year old. Gotta say, it seems to get a bad rap, I don't think it's the overly oaked disaster people say. In fact, it's quite delicious indeed.  I wonder if it's the seattle phenomenon, people want you to think it rains there all the time to keep you away, but locals know better.

IMG_20180328_131906.jpg

I agree with you 100%. I like it quite a bit.

I had an extremely busy, and pretty rough day at work today.  :mellow:  Blanton's in the glass as we speak. Ahhhhhh. Sad to say, but there's not many pours left in this bottle. :(

This bottle of Blanton's has almost run it's course. At one time I had thoughts about trying to collect all the Blanton's toppers. I realized a long time ago that probably wasn't gonna happen, so I've shared all my Blanton's toppers with others who are trying to collect them all. If anyone needs an "S", please feel free to send me a pm and let me know. I'd be glad to help ya' out. :) 

Biba! Joe

• I like it 1

Hump Day evening calls for a nice pour of Weller 12. One of the three non-barrel proof bourbon choices that are open right now. 

Since Amy had this week off for spring break,  I took a couple days. Today is my Friday (woohoo), so a healthy pour of HHBIB is in order.

• I like it 1

Ugh what a rough day today. Had issues with an upgrade that we're doing. Thank God it's almost the long weekend. I'm finishing off my ceht small batch. It's good, but I'm not sure if I'll be replacing it. f98ca15b5bfe4617f81479ba6fb1d796.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

• I like it 1

Well, a Rochefort 10 Belgian ale to whet the appetite, followed by some Vouvray Loire valley chenin blanc with dinner, followed by an Old Forester single barrel for dessert. Contemplating some OF Statesman for a nightcap.  

7 hours ago, dcbt said:

IMG_20180328_131906.jpg

I have only had it once, but thought it was great as well.  I didn't think it was near as oaky as some had claimed.  In fact, I find the Elijah Craig 18 and 23 to be much "oakier" than the Pappy 23.

• I like it 1

Four Roses Single Barrel. Love that high rye taste.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• I like it 1

8 hours ago, NDN98 said:

In fact, I find the Elijah Craig 18 and 23 to be much "oakier" than the Pappy 23.

As do I... 

15 hours ago, fishnbowljoe said:

At one time I had thoughts about trying to collect all the Blanton's toppers. I realized a long time ago that probably wasn't gonna happen, so I've shared all my Blanton's toppers with others who are trying to collect them all. If anyone needs an "S", please feel free to send me a pm and let me know. I'd be glad to help ya' out. :) 

Fortunately (or unfortunately), I probably drink too much Blanton's - SO, I have a bunch of regular Blanton's tops including multiples of both "N"s, "T", "O",  & "S".  I also have some extra Gold tops, too (finally!) -  2 "T"s and 1 first "N", but you'll have to wait for the "N" until I finish my open "T" and then the "N".   And now I have to visit the grandbabies in Brooklyn to get my MoM shipments of Blanton's Gold since they can't ship to Taxachusetts for the forseeable future.  :(

But to stay on-topic, I did my bit to finish off the open "T" Gold last night!    

Blanton's Gold Tops Complete.jpg

Please feel free to PM me if you need a couple to complete your collection.  I, too, will be glad to help ya' out.   :ph34r:

Edited by GeeTen
  • I like it 5

Fortunately (or unfortunately), I probably drink too much Blanton's - SO, I have a bunch of regular Blanton's tops including multiples of both "N"s, "T", "O",  & "S".  I also have some extra Gold tops, too (finally!) -  2 "T"s and 1 first "N", but you'll have to wait for the "N" until I finish my open "T" and then the "N".   And now I have to visit the grandbabies in Brooklyn to get my MoM shipments of Blanton's Gold since they can't ship to Taxachusetts for the forseeable future.  [emoji20]

But to stay on-topic, I did my bit to finish off the open "T" Gold last night!    

5abcf10581846_BlantonsGoldTopsComplete.thumb.jpg.9cb1f3b4a7b54d963fbb38501a875b76.jpg

Please feel free to PM me if you need a couple to complete your collection.  I, too, will be glad to help ya' out.   [emoji185]

Beautiful display GeeTen. Those gold tops certainly look good on that display board. I like those crystal Glencairn glasses too. I’ve got most of the regular Blanton’s tops now, but only a couple gold tops. I’ve still got to pick up one of the display boards though. I think my buddy FacePlant has a local source that will enable me to complete the regular series so I don’t have to keep looking through all the Blanton’s boxes in the local LS.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

46 minutes ago, lcpfratn said:

Beautiful display GeeTen. Those gold tops certainly look good on that display board. I like those crystal Glencairn glasses too. I’ve got most of the regular Blanton’s tops now, but only a couple gold tops. I’ve still got to pick up one of the display boards though. I think my buddy FacePlant has a local source that will enable me to complete the regular series so I don’t have to keep looking through all the Blanton’s boxes in the local LS.

Hey thanks!  The cut crystal Glencairns are etched with the Blanton's logo and "The Original Single Barrel Bourbon" too.  I don't drink TOO much Blanton's, do I???   :blink:

• I like it 1

Opening Day baseball on the tube, pork tenderloin in the smoker, Witherspoon PS in the glass right now. Figure a Texas pour was fitting for Astros-Rangers game.  

1 hour ago, GeeTen said:

Hey thanks!  The cut crystal Glencairns are etched with the Blanton's logo and "The Original Single Barrel Bourbon" too.  I don't drink TOO much Blanton's, do I???   :blink:

No such thing as too much..... :P

Also and FWIW, Blanton's Whore just doesn't have the same ring to it as Weller Whore does. :lol:

Biba! Joe

• I like it 3

No such thing as too much..... [emoji14]

Also and FWIW, Blanton's Whore just doesn't have the same ring to it as Weller Whore does. :lol:

Biba! Joe

So says the Weller Whore! [emoji23]

About through with the sniffing and the tasting part of trying this OF, Pretty good stuff and a little unique in it's flavors.  Now I can just kick back and enjoy the pours without critiquing it.  Posting my first photo  hope it turns out okay........... 1920.thumb.jpg.206efbed283d4edf0ce40cf0022f6680.jpg

• I like it 1

Getting the 3 day weekend started the best way I know how.

F5D03F4E-A63E-41C7-94ED-525157096F9A.jpeg

• I like it 5

4 minutes ago, lcpfratn said:

So says the Weller Whore! emoji23.png

Yep. What can I say? ;) "Thank you sir, I'll have another." :lol:

Biba! Joe

• I like it 1

I didn't have near as crappy a day at work today as I had yesterday, so Weller Whore that I am, I'm having a couple of pours of Weller SR this evening. ;)  It's hittin' the spot and tasting' mighty good. :)

Biba! Joe

1 hour ago, fishnbowljoe said:

Yep. What can I say? ;) "Thank you sir, I'll have another." :lol:

"What is that you're wearing?  Is that a Pledge Pin?"   :blink:

Enjoying a small dram of 2015 WLW before heading out to do some ballroom dancing w/SWMBO after picking up a CEHTBP this afternoon - don't find many of those around these days, eh?  Already easing the pain in my knees (heh, heh).  Might need a wee dram of the CEHTBP for more pain relief when I get back home tonite.  That's MY story and I'm stickin' to it!   :wub:

Edited by GeeTen

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.