What Bourbon Are You Enjoying (Spring 2018)

DCFan
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Instead of posting this in 3 spots I'll just do it here.  I bought, opened and enjoyed some of this last night.  Really good stuff.

MVIMG_20180329_204447.jpg

• I like it 2

On 3/28/2018 at 6:16 PM, beasled said:

Enjoying a pour of WT101. And it is good. 

A couple years ago, I started my current journey of bourbon drinking with a bottle of WT 101. I didn't care for it that much.  This past weekend I decided to give it another try. It was on sale for $20, so it wasn't much risk. To my wonder, I think it's great this time around.  Amazing how much your palette changes the further you get into this bourbon thing! 

• I like it 4

Whipping up on a single barrel bottle of OWA.  :lol:  Actually, it was pretty low to start with.  Off work for Good Friday tomorrow.  So, starting the weekend a little early. :)

I had wild turkey cravings today and decided to buy some! I've already had a pour of the 101, now enjoying a good pour of the rare breed. No better way to enjoy the start of the long weekend. e0581c84e232966da103c56ce74414da.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

• I like it 5

Having the last pour of an SB blend that's been mixed for 2 or 3 years. I think its 50:50 OWA:W12.

• I like it 1

In honor of baseball being back I’m having a few pours of my current favorite blend: 1/2 BT AND 1/2 SJR. Mash bill #1 at roughly 110 Proof is fantastic. 

6 hours ago, smokinjoe said:

Getting the 3 day weekend started the best way I know how.

F5D03F4E-A63E-41C7-94ED-525157096F9A.jpeg

I suppose that will do.

I'm looking forward to Easter Sunday as that is the end of my dry March. What to drink to usher back in my freedom to have a bourbon?

• I like it 2

2 minutes ago, flahute said:

I suppose that will do.

I'm looking forward to Easter Sunday as that is the end of my dry March. What to drink to usher back in my freedom to have a bourbon?

My money's on a pour from each house!  ;)

• I like it 1

9 minutes ago, Paddy said:

My money's on a pour from each house!  ;)

Ohhhhh........I like that idea.

• I like it 2

2 hours ago, Clueby said:

Having the last pour of an SB blend that's been mixed for 2 or 3 years. I think its 50:50 OWA:W12.

1 hour ago, NDN98 said:

Today is my Friday, so...dd986cb2e0cfb193ec7191335c48357a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Had a pour of W12 and now finishing up with some Barterhouse as well inspired by NDN98. I think have one more in the bunker. Totally different woodiness than the W12. Really getting that dry "toothpick" taste tonight.

20180329_233248-1209x1612.jpg

Edited by Clueby
  • I like it 1

40 minutes ago, Skinsfan1311 said:

White Dog!

The corn is over the top. 

FWIW, my bottle made me think of buttered popcorn. :unsure:

Biba! Joe

• I like it 1

A little sbs of two very different tasting bourbons that have the same label. It’s hard to tell by this photo taken with an awesome 5s iPhone, but the one on the right is much richer looking. I knew I was in for a treat. Wow, the right one is exploding with flavor. I will absolutely be picking up another bottle tomorrow. 

30EA177B-D142-49C4-852E-7CA0951A300D.jpeg

• I like it 2

21 hours ago, JCwhammie said:

In honor of baseball being back I’m having a few pours of my current favorite blend: 1/2 BT AND 1/2 SJR. Mash bill #1 at roughly 110 Proof is fantastic. 

Might have to give this one a run. 

• I like it 1

37 minutes ago, Three quarks said:

WSR. Surprisingly, very good! 

I’ve been enjoying this a lot lately. Been refilling my 750 from a family size old label/bottle and enjoying it. 

Seeing all this Wild Turkey on Eddie Russells birthday warms my heart. 

1 hour ago, Three quarks said:

WSR. Surprisingly, very good! 

My last bottle of WSR, about a year ago, was surprisingly good as well.  I have seen a recent influx of WSR in the Indy area.  I have passed thus far since I prefer Larceny over WSR.  However, I may need to rethink that if I keep running into it.

I love the way Elmer starts emerging from the liquid as the level goes down.

20180330_211950-1209x1612.jpg

Edited by Clueby
  • I like it 1

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.